PDA

View Full Version : Baby hairs on the front hair line

jojo
December 8th, 2008, 04:08 PM
At the front near my hair line i have the most horrible frizzy baby hairs, they never grow any longer than a couple of inches past my chin. The texture is similar to afro hair, it has always been like this and seems to be a family trait as both my daughters have it and my mum. Its so dry no matter what i do it never softens.

Can baby hairs be grown as long as the rest of hair or do they only ever get to a certain length and then stop?

Sammybunny711
December 8th, 2008, 04:14 PM
I have some baby hairs at the top of my hairline and I know that they have gotten longer...

Still...it isn't regrowth, you say?

jojo
December 8th, 2008, 04:24 PM
They were growing the same rate as my fringe which is now collar bone length but my wispies stopped at just past chin. I even started parting my hair when its tied back, rather than pulled straight back to see if it is breakage.

Lamb
December 8th, 2008, 04:35 PM
I think this is natural. Hair texture can be very different on different parts of your head. I have the frontline baby-hair thing going on, too, and I know I treat my hair with the same gentleness there, too.
Remember, there is no such thing as flawless, perfectly smooth and even hair, except on films (wigs) and photoshopped magazine pictures (not real).

jojo
December 8th, 2008, 04:47 PM
I might try CO washes in this area, just wish my hair was more equal in texture guess we never get what we want eh!

chrissy-b
December 8th, 2008, 04:54 PM
I have some of those too, right in the front. Mine never grow longer than 1-2 inches though.

AJoifulNoise
December 8th, 2008, 04:57 PM
I have baby hairs in the front and by my ears. In humidity they curl up and away from my head. :silly:

Celebrian
December 8th, 2008, 04:57 PM
You've got me peering worriedly at my hairline generally now, jojo!

I think I might have the same thing...

Also, the hair on my 'sideburns' (?) and in the nape of my neck is babylike, fluffier and duller than the rest of my hair.

Oh, my husband (who has just been asking me what I am typing!) says those hairbits are cute (especially nape of neck ones...).

MountainGypsy
December 8th, 2008, 04:58 PM
I also have little baby hairs in my front hairline that never get long. Too bad, because if they would grow in, I would have a widow's peak!

MsBubbles
December 8th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Glad to hear someone else question these hairs. I have a batch that recently sprouted up front left hair line, and like all the others, they are dead straight. On wash days this is no problem but on no-wash days they look wet from my scalp grease and hang in my eyes in spite of the updo. It must look lovely to my co-workers.

When I first noticed them I thought maybe I'd lost hair there and not known it, and they were growing back in. They resembled some regrowing hairs that sprouted several years ago after my colorist left me under the dryer too long and some of my hair burned off. :steam

WindowDressing
December 8th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Mine grow to different lengths, at different times, but wow, now I undertand them. Taming them is the same as with the greys. In fact, I am wondering perhaps these have been the predecessors of the greys all along.

I plucked one of those which was pure white. I preserved it to show hubby I actually had WHITE hair. Just in the last week!

Took pix of it, too. Sick. But the texture softened so much with the coconut and CO.

Perhaps I should post it somewhere here.

I think it is natural, though, FWIW.

Hugs!
WD :)

sahiba
December 9th, 2008, 01:26 AM
I too have them but have seen them growing a bit .I don't see why yours should not grow. :shrug:

winter_star
December 9th, 2008, 01:49 AM
I have the same problem. My baby hairs are really frizzy, short, never grow and stick out everywhere. I started using CO's and it has calmed them down so much. My hair is really sleak and flatter now. I use coconut oil too, it works wonders.

Fantak
December 9th, 2008, 05:49 AM
I hope CO works for you jojo ^.^ this may sound a bit extreme but a friend of mine, who has the same issue with her hairline, gets her hairline threaded by an Indian lady (they seem to be the experts when it come to threading odd places). It looks great afterwards like something out of a magazine.

HTH ^.^

Ryanne
December 9th, 2008, 08:38 AM
I have them too, they grow very, very slowly.

jojo
December 9th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Thanks for your replies seems I am not alone with the frizzy baby hairs. I am sat here with sweet almond oil dripping from my hair! my hair loves coconut oil in summer but seems to hate it in winter but loves the SAO so fingers crossed this helps soften it, I am going to do a CO wash later and see if that helps with it too.

On close inspection this bit looks just like fairy tale endings that long hair gets, so im thinking this bit is at terminal but its not the end of the world at least the rest is growing!

baobhan sith
December 9th, 2008, 11:10 AM
I have them as well.. they seem to come and go as they grow out. Is it possible that yours DO grow out, but more grow in at the same time?

Oh wait a moment - isn't that what terminal is?

I get confused between terminal length, and terminals length of TIME hair will grow for before it falls out... I'm not sure the hair knows how long it is!

MsBubbles
December 11th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Oh well I am an idiot! I just realised today that I DID indeed pull those hairs out at my front left hairline - with my cycling helmet that I use when I skate. Today was warm enough for me to go for a 30 min spin outside and when I took the helmet off I remembered how the velcro pads had become dislodged over the summer, and the velcro underneath yanked the hairs out when I took it off. I remember after an ultramarathon event in early Oct., at the finish line, some kind soul ripped off my helmet thinking she was helping me out, but she yanked out a lock of hair with my helmet...:mad::blueeek:

I guess that's why those hairs are just like the rest of my hair!

Tap Dancer
December 11th, 2008, 04:13 PM
I have a ton of baby hairs. Some only grow a couple of inches and some are eyebrow length.