PDA

View Full Version : Yet another newbie!

n3m3sis42
March 24th, 2008, 05:38 PM
I joined last week, and I thought I'd be courageous and introduce myself. I heard about LHC before the old site went down, but never joined until now.

I'm not sure what to say about myself, so I guess I'll just give a brief history of my hair. The longest my hair has ever been was a little past waist-length, about 7 years ago. At the time, I had absolutely no concept of how to treat my hair well. I washed it pretty much daily, blow-fried it often, used dye-in-a-box, brushed it with those plastic brushes with the little balls on the tips, brushed it with said brush when it was soaking wet... the list goes on and on.

Understandably, my hair had a lot of split ends and was generally rather fried, although I'm actually surprised it wasn't even worse given all the things I subjected it to. I cut it to shoulder length and then spent the next 2 years experimenting with increasingly crazy color. proceeded to torture it with various types of color. Finally, I stripped all the color out of it with bleach and dyed it Kool-Aid red. It was entertaining, but my hair felt like straw, and I ended up chopping it to ear-length as a result.

I dyed my hair back to a color that was close to my natural one at the the beginning of 2003, and it took about a year of not-dyeing and regular trims to get it to a point where it seemed okay to try growing it out again. So I guess I've been growing my hair out since more or less the beginning of 2004, at which point it was chin-length.

4 years later, my hair is close enough to natural-waist-length to make me impatient, and I guess it's pretty healthy. In the past year, I've learned a lot of new things that seem to be making my hair a lot happier than it's ever been in the past (although I'm sure I still have a lot more to learn). I don't have a specific length goal as yet; I just want to see how long and healthy I can get it.

Wow, this ended up being ridiculously long! Nice to meet you all. :cheese:

FrannyG
March 24th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Welcome! I look forward to seeing you on the boards! :flowers:

n3m3sis42
March 25th, 2008, 03:56 AM
Thank you for the welcome, Franny. :D

Accolady
March 29th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Long winded? Nah. Not with me around. I tend to be very long
winded, we'll get along just fine. ;)

So glad you joined the site. Wander around, stick your feet into
different forums and get a feel for what you like. You are most
welcome here and have a chair with your name waiting on it.

And plenty of cheese, too!

Karen Marie

n3m3sis42
April 1st, 2008, 05:15 AM
I just now saw your reply. Thanks for the warm welcome! And hooray for cheese!