PDA

View Full Version : Conditioner Only Wash

YogaGirl59
December 7th, 2008, 05:39 PM
I decided to try the CO wash this morning for the first time, of course, using a cone-free conditioner. My hair turned out great! The curls are bouncy and it's so shiny.

Normally if I wash my hair and let it air dry it takes hours to completely dry. This morning it only took about two hours. Do you think the shampoo opens the cuticle and makes the hair more porous?

Arctic
December 7th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Congratulations on your success! (I don't have answer to your Q though :()

MandaMom2Three
December 7th, 2008, 07:10 PM
I think shampoo opens the cuticle, yes.

AutumnSky
December 7th, 2008, 10:24 PM
No greasies? I'm dying to try it...but waiting for a day off, just in case.... glad it worked well for you! :D

Forest
December 8th, 2008, 01:38 AM
I have heard more people say it takes longer time to dry after CO-wash. Maybe because they also change styling routine at the same time?

I have you seen the long thread about CO-washing? (Sorry, don't know how to link.)

Kerynna
December 8th, 2008, 06:49 AM
I am new to CO - this morning was my third time (I wash every other day currently). I loved my hair after the first wash, but after the second wash it seemed to become pretty oily by the end of the second day. This morning I mixed in a little baking soda with my conditioner. I've been alternating between Suave Ocean Breeze and VO8 kiwi lime.

I've noticed my hair seems to dry faster with CO as well.

Yttrai
December 12th, 2008, 12:24 PM
I was going to start my own thread, but yours is already here and is quite nice :)

I'm on my third week of CC (or CRCR? condition-rinse-condition-rinse? CWCW? condition-water-condition-water?) with one day in the middle there of CO (condition only).

The first few times i did also notice my hair dried very quickly. It was wonderful. Now it's back to staying wet for days at a time if i keep it up, like before, which is also fine.

I'm not loving the greasy bangs, but i'm also growing them out so soon that will be less of an issue. Headbands for the win :)

AnnaMarie
December 12th, 2008, 02:42 PM
I started CO'ing a few weeks ago now, and I couldn't believe the difference in the drying time. Its actually halved the drying time for my hair, not to mention making it very soft bouncy and shiny :-)

CestMadeleine
December 12th, 2008, 03:01 PM
What about people with really oily hair? Does it make your hair more oily? I'm contemplating CO myself.

Clytemnestra
December 12th, 2008, 04:07 PM
I've been CO'ing with Suave strawberry for about 3 years, with a water diluted shampoo once a week. I don't really notice the difference in my hair on the day I shampoo, in other words it looks and feels just as clean as my CO days, and I use Shea Butter and Emu oil on a daily basis as well.

When I told my Mom about CO'ing, she was kind of put off by it, thinking that my hair is not getting clean and that is just not the case, you just have to scrub the condish in really good. And the best benefit besides the cost factor and the expensive products I used to have to constantly buy, has been that I get zero split ends so I don't have to trim it, although I do microtrim when it gets too wispy.

AnnaMarie
December 12th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Oh I'll just add to
Kerynna, when I do my CO wash I do a version of the curly girl method and I find it gets my scalp really clean, and my hair is quite oily this is what I do.
I get my kiwi lime VO5 and gently get under my hair and rub it into my scalp all over working it gently but thoroughly right over my scalp and through my ends. I usually use about 5 handfuls (my hair is really thick)Sort of like shampooing but with conditioner.
I leave it on for about 5 minutes then rinse really thoroughly. I find this really cleansing doing it this way.
Then I'll put another more moisturising conditioner on like strawberrys and cream concentrating on my length and ends. I do put some on the top of my head but not directly on my scalp. Leave on for about 5 - 6 minutes then rinse thoroughly.
I find this gets my hair and scalp nice and clean without stripping it. I hope this helps :) (sorry this is so long :rolleyes:)

Faepirate
December 12th, 2008, 06:25 PM
I'm back on the CO bandwagon. :D

This time I'm going to be more careful about clarifying regularly. During my last CO burst (which was successful for a few months) I don't think I clarified often enough and as a result my hair went through phases of being gunky and stringy and nasty. I shall attempt to learn from my errors, and clarify and deep treat properly every 2 or 3 weeks...