PDA

View Full Version : Slight rant - LOL mentioned - salon comment

Speckla
December 7th, 2008, 02:24 PM
I took my son to get his haircut yesterday.
The cashier mentioned that it'd been more than 6 weeks since my last trim and tried to set up an appointment. I mentioned that I was good for atleast 4 more months because I'm growing my hair out to hip. Her first comment was, "Oh, your growing it for LOL? that's nice." Me, "No, I'm growing it out because I love/want long hair." Her, "Oh," and then she looked like I was nuts for wanting such long hair. I've gotten this comment from several people who mentioned that my hair was getting long and was I growing it to donate when I mention hip length. It irritates me that very few people think hip length is something to aim for.

P.S. I have no problem with LOL and considered donating in 2-3 more years but decided to donate $$ to a charity instead of cutting my hair.
________
FORD IKON PICTURE (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Ikon)

DecafJane
December 7th, 2008, 02:27 PM
How rude of her! Then again, if salons encouraged us all to have extra-long hair, they wouldn't make nearly as much money. ;)

Roseate
December 7th, 2008, 03:27 PM
It's funny, when I was growing my hair out for LOL I used to get the opposite reaction.

Someone would mention how long my hair was getting, and I'd tell them I was planning on donating it in a few more months, and they'd react like I'd told them I was cutting off an arm or something! "Why would you do that?! They won't really appreciate it! Nooo!"

I was very ready to cut, so it didn't affect me, but it was annoying. Cutting, growing, it's a personal choice. No need to go all judgmental in either direction.

spidermom
December 7th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Move to the Pacific NW. People are much less likely to tell you what you ought to be doing with your hair.

noelgirl
December 7th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Well, maybe the cashier has now learned what happens when you assume . . .

lora410
December 7th, 2008, 04:07 PM
You'd be suprised just hpw much hair LOL throws away becuase they recieve way to much of it. It's better to just donate money. Long hair isn't the norm for alot of people which is why the act the way they do.

purplebubba
December 7th, 2008, 04:12 PM
She assumed but there was only the U and not the Me in the equation. She was the U.

noelgirl
December 7th, 2008, 04:30 PM
She assumed but there was only the U and not the Me in the equation. She was the U.

Ah, yes, this is true ;)