PDA

View Full Version : This is where I usually cut

lora410
December 7th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Well, I shocked myself today. I found an old photograph of me when I first had my dd. And I realized throughout all the years this is the length where it either got tangly, yukky, or I simply got bored with it and cut. I have never been past the length I am now (see new siggy) and I am VERY EXCITED to see how far I can grow from here. I owe it to LHC and all of you because if I didn't find this board I know for a fact id have tangles galore (prob from cones and not claifying) or from heat damage, hair spray, etc etc. I can't wait to see where I grow from here.:D I am actually afraid it may not grow anymore or like it will be only a dream to get past this length, but I will prevail and grow to my dream hair:cheese:

Amara
December 7th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Congratulations! I remember how excited I was not too long ago when I realized I'd reached the point where I'd ALWAYS cut back before.

Onward to uncharted territory!

Speckla
December 7th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Yeah for you!! Your hair is very pretty.
________
Vapir no2 vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/no2-vaporizer/)

Ryanne
December 7th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Congrats! You have really pretty hair.

MandaMom2Three
December 7th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Oh it looks so PRETTY!!!!

GlennaGirl
December 7th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Awesome...yay for you...your hair looks gorgeous!!!

Oskimosa
December 7th, 2008, 02:38 PM
I haven't been past that length either! Yay for you, going a different way now. And congrats on the progress :)

DecafJane
December 7th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Yay! Well done!

bunnii
December 7th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Yay for you!! :D Keep on growing you'll get there! And your hair looks lovely BTW ;)

LawyerGirl
December 7th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Congrats! You have amazing hair! :)

lilalong
December 7th, 2008, 02:43 PM
I sympathize. I'm pretty much at the same length as you and I, too, would cut now back to shoulder, if I hadn't found lhc. I'm also very excited to see, where this ends up.

embee
December 7th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Whoo! I spent *years* getting to that length and chopping. What was I thinking?

It was only when I put it up and went to work and didn't look at it that it grew. And amazed me. :)

Your hair is lovely. Keep it long.

Angelina15
December 7th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Yay! You have really beautiful hair!!

lora410
December 7th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Thanks ladies and trust me I have no intention on cutting. I thought it was a kind of neat wow moment.

spidermom
December 7th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Amazing Lora, I had the same kind of "wow" moment when my hair was about that length. I would always get tired of waiting for my hair to "finally be long" and cut it before that. (weird reasoning, I know)

JKRBeloved
December 7th, 2008, 05:58 PM
You're hair is lovely, and I really appreciate this post because it explains why I'm so off again, on again about wanting to cut mine now. I've had it just a bit longer, but always would cut it at that point. Thanks for the insight!

Sammybunny711
December 7th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Congratulations! I am so proud!

Arctic
December 7th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Yay! :joy:

I am also passed that line, it was for me somewhere between shoulder and APL. Now onwards and downwards!

Robinlyn
December 7th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Happy Wow Moment for You Lora! Your hair is so beautiful and it will keep growing!!

Addy
December 7th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Your hair is beautiful! Congratulations and enjoy your length!

Debra83
December 7th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Well, I shocked myself today. I found an old photograph of me when I first had my dd. And I realized throughout all the years this is the length where it either got tangly, yukky, or I simply got bored with it and cut. I have never been past the length I am now (see new siggy) and I am VERY EXCITED to see how far I can grow from here. I owe it to LHC and all of you because if I didn't find this board I know for a fact id have tangles galore (prob from cones and not claifying) or from heat damage, hair spray, etc etc. I can't wait to see where I grow from here.:D I am actually afraid it may not grow anymore or like it will be only a dream to get past this length, but I will prevail and grow to my dream hair:cheese:
Good work!!! I had it long a couple of times...but it was quite awhile ago...I CAN'T WAIT for it to get to your length, and then beyond!!!! So, how long did it take to get to that length and what was your starting point? Any favourite products or techniques you used to get there?

lora410
December 7th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Good work!!! I had it long a couple of times...but it was quite awhile ago...I CAN'T WAIT for it to get to your length, and then beyond!!!! So, how long did it take to get to that length and what was your starting point? Any favourite products or techniques you used to get there?

From shoulder to here it took 1yr and 8 months. I do my own scalp oil and just experiment alot with the newest LHC growing experiments like monistat (made my top layers grow like crazy) and now Mega-tek (on 2nd day). Vitamins most definetly helped. I was getting about 1" a month and then i stopped them about a month or more ago and I am now getting 1/4" a month; so I started them again a week or so ago again. The only shampoo I use right now is Avalon biotin b-complex.

Jeni
December 7th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Your hair is gorgeous!

I cant wait to get to a length I have never been to before. I think that will be full BSL (28" ish). I'm almost there, just 2 more inches! I haven't had long hair (past APL) since HS, so 11 years ago. I never paid much attention to the length so I'm going on pictures from that time. I think I always cut at BSL because people (grandmother) would comment on how it was SOOOO LONG and it needed to be cut.

There is something about getting to "no mans land" that is so exciting!

Curlsgirl
December 7th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Congratulations Lora!!! Good job and beautiful hair! I have never had hair past yours either before now. I would never have been able to do it either! I love this place! :love:

longhairenvy
December 8th, 2008, 09:03 AM
I CAN TOTALLY RELATE!!!!!!!!!! My biggest problem was that I always (dare I say?) permed my hair thinking it would be easier to grow out layers.......BIG MISTAKE. This site is a god(dess)send.

Congrats on your lovely locks!

Cat

joyfulmom4
December 8th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Hooray! And your hair looks so nice and healthy in your sig. It looks like you'll be able to grow it very long if you want to.

Katze
December 8th, 2008, 10:51 AM
good for you! And your hair does look healthy and beautiful. 25" looks like past BSL on you, you lucky girl you... :D

windblown
December 8th, 2008, 10:55 AM
You hair is totally beautiful! Have fun with your new lengths!! :)

lora410
December 8th, 2008, 11:17 AM
good for you! And your hair does look healthy and beautiful. 25" looks like past BSL on you, you lucky girl you... :D

My hair is about 1.5" past bsl :)

Fantak
December 8th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Congrats! Your hair looks lovely in your siggy ^.^ YaY and onwards at full speed to waist and beyond!! :joy:

Radulfr
December 8th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Congratulations on your hair length! It does look beautiful and well cared for. :agree:

jojo
December 8th, 2008, 03:23 PM
looking good lora!