PDA

View Full Version : OMG 2 inches growth and it's not even been a full month yet!!!!

Dreamernz
December 7th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Some of you may have seen my other thread about trying out a certain supplement containing biotin and lots of other good stuff in addition to my new hair routine. Well.... i have been taking a simple hair, nails and skin supplement daily (it only cost me about 5 quid (pounds)) as well as head massages more than twice a day using snowy's massage technique and using the tangle teezer brush to brush my hair as well as using a professional shampoo and conditioner from the salon (ill double check the brand) and this is what i get!!!!!! Wooohooo progress!!!!(this included a small trim!!!!) Please post any questions you may have as well as your own success stories!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

spidermom
December 7th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Congratulations on the growth spurt; that's fabulous.

ecologystudent
December 7th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Wow, that's amazing. You've just made me rethink my position on taking supplements- 2 inches in a month is worth having to remember to take a pill!

basketcase413
December 7th, 2008, 01:14 PM
That's fantastic! I would be interested to know exactly what supplement you are taking to see if I can get it here in the States!

MAO
December 7th, 2008, 01:19 PM
I'm green with jealousy:D!!!!! What supplement have you been taking exactly?

plainjanegirl
December 7th, 2008, 01:26 PM
I'm green with jealousy:D!!!!! What supplement have you been taking exactly?

I would also like to know what it is that you are having such great results from!

Dreamernz
December 7th, 2008, 01:26 PM
I have to say some of the growth must be accounted for by my new hair care routine, but the supplement is nothing fancy at all, its got a purple label and is called 'skin, hair and nails', i got it from the local 'boots' store, dunno if you've heard of it, it's everywhere here in england!:D This may sound strange but i think visualising hair growth also helps for anyone who has seen 'the secret' :D thanks guys for your comments! :D

Dreamernz
December 7th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Also, if you do decide to take this or any similiar supplement, the trick is to be diligent in taking it and not forgetting to!!! :D

newport
December 7th, 2008, 02:10 PM
WOW! I would have to retouch my roots daily with haircolor to cover my grey instead of every three weeks as I do now! That's amazing! My hair grows the usual 1/4 inch a month.

Speckla
December 7th, 2008, 02:14 PM
I started taking Biotin, MSM, more B6&12 and have more than 1" growth per month. No point in coloring when it'd have to be done every two weeks instead of every eight weeks.:cheese: 1/2" is great and anything beyond that is just gravy!
________
Gt series (http://www.suzuki-tech.com/wiki/Suzuki_GT_series)

Ryanne
December 7th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Thank you! You reminded me that I have to take my supplements, which is the same as yours, but then named in Dutch.

Anyway, great result!!

DecafJane
December 7th, 2008, 02:26 PM
2 inches is a fantastic result!!!! That is great news. :D

Fantak
December 7th, 2008, 02:29 PM
I loved The Secret Dreamernz!!! Glad it's working been working for you ^.^

GlennaGirl
December 7th, 2008, 02:31 PM
This may sound like an odd question, but does that mean your other hair has grown just as fast? Like on your legs and underarms? That would be one downside to fast-growing hair that I wouldn't want.

Also, do you have pics of your hair a month ago and today?

Thanks a bunch!

GlennaGirl
December 7th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Okay, is this (http://www.newvitality.com/shop/hair-skin-and-nails-vitamin-formula.aspx?gclid=CMPJype6r5cCFQ89awod30LKkA) the supplement? A lot of us have tried some of these nutrients before so maybe you'll get some success story replies...I'm soooooo lazy about taking anything regularly so it probably isn't for me but I thought others would be interested in what's in this product. :)

Congrats on your fast growth!

Dreamernz
December 7th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Lol thanks guys for all your comments, its great to be able to share such a success with people who actually understand and wont simply give you a wierd look! lol glenna girl, as far as body hair growth goes, there might have been the slightest increase in speed but it generally retained its slow speed, and obviously gets to a point where it no longer grows (or we'd all be in real trouble). I'm afraid that's not the supplement though im sure its very similiar, i would make it a rule not to spend so much on something like that though and that supplement looked a bit pricey. I can't unfortunately make attachments yet, but if i can do so within a month and this kind of growth continues i will definitely try to post some pics! :D lol, fantac we both know the secret works (most of the time....lol) :D

coppercurls
December 7th, 2008, 02:58 PM
:rolleyes:I have been going through a bit of a stall in growth, obviously I need to start taking my vitamins again!
Congratulations to you on your new growth.:cheese:

RedButterfly
December 7th, 2008, 03:10 PM
That's great! It sounds like you found a hair routine that works well for your hair and scalp. I massage my scalp daily also to promote growth.

Sissy
December 7th, 2008, 03:59 PM
That's fantastic! Congrats! Could someone link to Snowy Moon's Hair Growth Massage Techniques?

Also, I was going to start taking the Nouirshair, which is a GNC hair, skin, and nails vitamin... very similar to Boots brand I'm sure. However, the lady at GNC said I didn't need it as I already take the GNC Women's Ultra Mega Multi-Vitamin and it has a lot of tha stuff in it apparently. My husband whom is an R.N. also said it's unessesary, so I settled on a bottle of Biotin supplements as my husband said taking too much Biotin cannot hurth you, though taking too much of certain vitamins can cause liver damage, etc.

Vitalai
December 7th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Wow! Congratulations on your amazing growth!

~GypsyCurls~
December 7th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Congrats! I'm happy for you, that's just incredible growth in such a short time. I've taken several different supplements for hair growth, done the mn treatment and done scalp massages, but it's almost impossible for me to form habits so I don't take them so often...I need more discipline!

Beloved
December 7th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Dreamernz, can you post what's in the supplement? It would be great to know the name of the nutrients and what amounts. I'm looking at adding some nutrients for hair health as well.

Congrats on your fast growth!!!

CaityBear
December 7th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Congrats. I'd love to be able to get that kind of growth! Granted I already get 1" a month so I guess I'll just have to stay happy with that. lol

Laila23
December 8th, 2008, 12:52 AM
http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=15976

This is snowy's massage technique

Molster
December 8th, 2008, 06:53 AM
Congrats and lucky for you.

Nature's Aid Hair, Skin & Nails fomula supplement just made my scalp dry and flakey, so I stopped using it after 6 months. I saw no difference in my growth rate so I guess some people will benefit more that others according to their existing diet.

Radulfr
December 8th, 2008, 07:21 AM
Congratulations on the incredible growth rate Dreamernz!

I really should get that stuff too! :agree:

Sammybunny711
December 8th, 2008, 08:21 AM
That is incredible growth! Wish that I could be that lucky!

longhairenvy
December 8th, 2008, 08:50 AM
I would like to support your idea of taking supplements, Dreamernz....I also take a "hair,skin,nails" supplement daily by Nature's Bounty. It's 15 dollars for 120pills; take 3 daily. I think your age is with you, Dream, but let me tell you all; my hair normally grows VERY slowly and I have been averaging 1 inch monthly with this supplement. Haven't noticed "other" hair growth but I have to trim my nails much more often and they are VERY strong. It's worth the investment and remembering to take them (write yourself a big note on your bathroom mirror!)

I WILL, however, start doing massage again. Haven't been doing that at all........thanks for the reminder and the link.

Cat:o

longhairenvy
December 8th, 2008, 08:52 AM
ps: the supplement by Nature's Bounty contains biotin,Inositol and horsetail extract; all of which I've read help hair strength and growth. Hope this helps

sahiba
December 8th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Congrats .:flower: you are lucky to have such fast growth.

RavennaNight
December 8th, 2008, 09:38 AM
2 inches per month. Wow. That is great growth!

Monsterkitti
December 8th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Thats brilliant growth congrats :)

Dreamernz
December 8th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Thanks so much guys for the congrats!!! I really appreciate it!!! I think by now we've figured out that the key is to be diligent in taking your supplement (if taking one in the first place is right for you) and taking one that is right for you, giving it at least a month's trial and experiementing with the brands not getting anything really pricey unless you are certain of the results after a trial run, as well as believing that it is truly working (its all in the mind ;))!!! For beloved, and anyone else who is interested, the main ingredients are obviously biotin for the hair and nails and evening primrose oil for the skin, the vitamins it includes etc. are: Vitamin D, E, C, Thiamin (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (B2), Vitamin B6, Folic acid, Biotin, Pantothenic acid, Iron, Magnesium, Zinc, Selenium, Copper, Manganese, Evening primrose oil (it even contains some coconut oil and beeswax :D)!!!! Hope that helps and again thanks for the congrats!!!!!!

Copasetic
December 8th, 2008, 05:40 PM
congrats on the growth! my local drugstore just started carrying Boots products, so i am definitely going to see if they have this supplement :)

marajade
December 8th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Congrats :)!!!!

GibsonGirlV
December 9th, 2008, 01:21 AM
Wow! I'm totally jealous!!!!! Good for you! I never had that kind of luck with hair supplments (even when I took them faithfully) but perhaps I'll have to give them another try. I just have such a hard time getting my hands on them! None of the drugstores or grocery stores by me carry that kind of thing and It's hard for me to find the time to find a specialty health store for just that. Also, they can be so pricy here!! It's hard to find any for under $15 for a month's supply.

Currently I'm trying the monostat which is working well so far, but I might just have to continue my search for the perfect dietary supplement...

saman
December 9th, 2008, 09:06 AM
I'm so glad you have such growth in only one month.I should review your routine.It sounds great.

jojo
December 9th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Thats excellent growth, well done!

Dreamernz
December 9th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Again, thanks everyone!!!!:D:D:D

Spike
December 9th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Congrats on figuring out what works for you, and then keeping it up. That second part is always the hard one for me.

There really ought to be a flaming jealous smiley--one where the eyes turn HUGE and green . . . and then the head explodes!

DarkChocolate
December 10th, 2008, 11:49 AM
I just picked up some Wild Harvest brand of Biotin yesterday:)
I took a before Biotin picture yesterday:)

Miss World
December 10th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Congrats on the growth! :D I just bought some vitamin's yesterday, hopefully in a month or two my hair grows back :) mine are from "NewChapter Organics" and its for Hair/Nails/Skin .. loaded with vitamins A/C/D/E, Thiamin-V.B1, riboflavin-V.B2, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Vitamin B12, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid, Iodine, Zinc, Selenium, Silicon, Superfoods & Spices -- among other vitamins. It sounds quite good since most of the nutrients meet the daily value percentage recomended by the FDA ^_^

Can you please tell me how a tangle teezer brush look like, I'm not sure :) I'll also try snowy's massage technique (thanks for posting the link!).

Wish you all the best with your hair growing journey ^_^

Dreamernz
December 11th, 2008, 10:33 AM
Hiya Miss World, um a tangle teezer looks funnily enough like a horse brush and there are a few threads about it on LHC. It is specially designed for use on wet and dry hair for easy detangling, softness and shine. I don't know but I think its made in the UK so you may need to order it lol, anyway here's a link:
http://www.kissandmakeup.tv/Tangle%20Teezer.jpg (http://www.kissandmakeup.tv/Tangle%20Teezer.jpg)
(IT ALSO COMES IN BRIGHT PINK!!!!) hope that helps and im glad everyone's getting into this :D:D:D

Chamomilemaiden
December 11th, 2008, 03:35 PM
You must be very happy! Congratulations!:toast: Once I would like to experience such growth too, but I have snail hair, nothing seems to make them grow faster.:shrug:

Dreamernz
December 12th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Don't worry, keep the faith and you will get there :D:D:D!!!:)