PDA

View Full Version : Flax Seed Hair Gel -need recipe, please

Celogrl
March 24th, 2008, 03:50 PM
I thought I would try making some do it yourself hair gel using flaxseeds. I recall there was a recipe on the old board, but alas, I cannot find it. Can anyone here help, please? Thanks!:cheer:

missy60
March 24th, 2008, 04:12 PM
They have some recipes over at NC. com http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=35042&highlight=flaxseed+gel

birthmarkie
March 24th, 2008, 04:16 PM
I'm remembering this from mira-chan's recipe and how I made it...

2 cups water
2 tablespoons flax seed

Boil water and flax seeds until the liquid becomes viscuous.

Strain and set aside in container to cool. Add a couple of drops of EO, if you would like to.

Celogrl
March 24th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Thank you!!!:cheese:

Celogrl
March 25th, 2008, 11:08 AM
I made up a mini test batch last night and I am amazed at how well it works! I added a drop of Patchouli oil and now I get a nice little whiff of scent around my head. Sweet! Thanks, everyone who helped.:D

birthmarkie
March 25th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Glad it worked out for you :)

GrazierGirl
January 8th, 2024, 09:31 AM
Resurrecting an old thread here. I use flaxseed gel nearly every day. I love it! I apply on damp hair and air dry.

Kingsdaughter
January 16th, 2024, 12:24 PM
Resurrecting an old thread here. I use flaxseed gel nearly every day. I love it! I apply on damp hair and air dry.

I also love using flaxseed gel, mostly as a conditioner, but I am curious to try it as a leave-in. My hair is slightly wavy and I would love to see if flaxseed gel could define the waves. What is your hair texture? Do you use the gel for wavy/curly hair? Or just for conditioning purposes?

Chasemi
January 16th, 2024, 07:38 PM
I also love using flaxseed gel, mostly as a conditioner, but I am curious to try it as a leave-in. My hair is slightly wavy and I would love to see if flaxseed gel could define the waves. What is your hair texture? Do you use the gel for wavy/curly hair? Or just for conditioning purposes?

It's absolutely used for defining waves or curls!