PDA

View Full Version : Do you think my mom's hair

morguebabe
December 6th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Has lots of breakage?
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2116&pictureid=26460
She combs really really rough with like a hard plastic comb and she whips it when she combs. She shampoos the length....
I'm trying to get her to at least braid it at night or something but she doesn't do that. I just kinda want to know if you guys think the ends/length look damaged or not?
(Shes 55 and she hasn't dyed her hair in about 7 years if I had to guess) Its shinny and it looks pretty good but she is my mom so I"m biased.

mellie
December 6th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Her hair looks amazing!!! It is fabulous and very healthy!

Aisha25
December 6th, 2008, 06:43 PM
It is very pretty and shiny doesnt look damaged to me. you should look through the hairs to see if she has splits;)

lora410
December 6th, 2008, 06:43 PM
The ends look a bit halo from breakage but other then that it looks great. Get her on a seamless comb and show her how to GENTLY comb :)

AJoifulNoise
December 6th, 2008, 06:44 PM
I think her hair looks great, actually. What shine! What color!

For the record, I shampoo the length (twice a week) and wear it down to bed more often than not. It works for some people. :)

As for the rough combing, that can be a hard habit to break (no pun intended).

Islandgrrl
December 6th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Wow, her hair is beautiful. It doesn't look damaged in the picture, but I guess you'd have to look up close to see if there's loads of splits. Ends look good and thick, too. Way to go, Mom!

mommy101405
December 6th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Looks really good. Nice thick ends. I don't really see damage in the pics. She must be doing something right :D

morguebabe
December 6th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Ha, I'll tell her you all told me to lay off cause everyone else thinks it nice too. I just gotta tell certain family members to back off cause they all tell her to cut it.:mad::rolleyes:

spidermom
December 6th, 2008, 07:34 PM
It looks uneven at the bottom, otherwise fabulous. Good for her!

sneakybea
December 6th, 2008, 07:37 PM
I think it looks great! If there is damage, it's near the bottom and not very noticeable.

morguebabe
December 6th, 2008, 07:37 PM
It looks uneven at the bottom, otherwise fabulous. Good for her!

That could be my fault... we are each others end trimmers.
Or it could be she was doing something I just sorta combed her a bit and was like hey I'm talking a picture of your hair, while she was writing at the counter.

Either way it's my faut:o

Anje
December 6th, 2008, 07:41 PM
It looks really nice, overall, though I don't tend to see splits in pictures unless they're taking over. I do think I see some ponytail-level breakage and a little more on the bottom, but you'll find tons of that in my hair too, even with careful care.

Gorgeous color and shine!

maskedrose
December 6th, 2008, 07:49 PM
I think it look pretty amazing! The beautiful color and shine is incredible. As for breakage, maybe a little, but it looks a whole lot better than mine!

Kirin
December 6th, 2008, 07:55 PM
You can lead a horse to water.........

Her hair looks fabulous and not damaged at all to me. Stick a seamless comb into her stocking, buy her a new shampoo thats gentle for a present, then leave it alone. LOL. People are funny about their routines, they dont like to change them.

morguebabe
December 6th, 2008, 08:49 PM
You can lead a horse to water.........

Her hair looks fabulous and not damaged at all to me. Stick a seamless comb into her stocking, buy her a new shampoo thats gentle for a present, then leave it alone. LOL. People are funny about their routines, they dont like to change them.

Good idea.
Anyone have any recs for her hair type? I have my fathers thicker wavey hair, which I color treat, so I don't know what to get her. I think anything I like may be too thick for her thinner much straighter hair.

Seraphina
December 6th, 2008, 11:15 PM
Wow it looks gorgeous!

Honey39
December 7th, 2008, 12:58 AM
She has my dream hair! That's some pretty hair, so shiny and strong. I can't see anything wrong with it at all, it's gorgeous...

purplebubba
December 7th, 2008, 01:02 AM
Her hair looks like it's a fine texture so that could be a factor. But it looks fine as in nice. I guess it looks fine fine.

She looks like a good case for saying that fine hair can grow long.

She might like a Denman brush.

Shannon4J
December 7th, 2008, 01:14 AM
Wow! I don't think it looks damaged. It is GORGEOUS!!!

brok3nwings
December 7th, 2008, 02:24 AM
my sister has almost waist hair, it is naturally blonde and shiny, between Fine and medium hair... i must tell you, she doesnt take good care of her hair. Let me tell you what she does:
shampoo all lengh 4 times a week
blow dries every time she washes it
(the worst) after dried but completly messed up she brushes her hair with those kind of wood comb brushes... she starts at scalp until the ends and never stops!! :o

if i took her a photo as i have her hair is trully shiny and it looks healthy. If i look at her hair without intensionally looking for damage her hair is looking good. BUT she has lots and lots and lots of splits... and if i touch it... well... it could be much better. I think that your natural texture of hair does condition a LOT how it looks. Even if its not well taken care of...

Ryanne
December 7th, 2008, 03:13 AM
Her hair is really pretty! I don't see damage.

florenonite
December 7th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Her hair's gorgeous! It looks like there's a few splits at the bottom on the left, but other than that it's really healthy and shiny. If you're worried about it maybe you can get her a wide-tooth comb for Christmas or a gentle shampoo to try?

zen_oven
December 7th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Her hemline looks just a little uneven, which may or may not be from breakage (a little hard to tell just from a photo). Other than that, it looks wonderfully shiny and healthy! Her color is amazing.

ladyfairington
December 7th, 2008, 11:02 AM
her hair looks wonderful- that shine, that color, that length!

looks like you have good hair genes if i might say so myself.

the bottoms looks like there is a bit of damage, some split ends and what not.

"but he here who be without sin be the first to cast the first stone." =P

we all have split ends, but it doesn't seem as if she has that much.

then again, maybe the shine of her hair from the flash makes them disappear.

maybe a closer shot?

or if her hair really does look like that, then i think she's okay.

my mom does the same thing- the rips a comb through her hair with a violent force that makes me cringe.

then again, her hair IS unhealthy. <3!

Xandergrammy
December 7th, 2008, 11:04 AM
I think your mom's hair is gorgeous!

Carolyn
December 7th, 2008, 11:05 AM
I don't see any damage. I wish my ends looked that good. How much better do you think it could be?

Elenna
December 7th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Your mom's hair is a lovely color and looks to be in good condition in spite of the way she combs it.

Robinlyn
December 7th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Her hair is beautiful! I don't see a lot of breakage, maybe some near the bottom.

lorig713
December 7th, 2008, 12:19 PM
I agree, your mom's hair is beautiful. No worse for the wear of rough combing. I hope she will take your advise to comb gently though.

spidermom
December 7th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Hair-care habits can be hard to break, I think. My SIL once had gorgeous, classic-length hair, but over years of rough, careless handling, it broke off all the way to just above tailbone, at which point she started whining to me about her hair. I tried to help her with it -- gave her a seamless comb and some gentle products as presents, taught her deep conditioning with SMT, and dusted her innumerable splits for her a few times. One day I stopped by just after she got out of the shower. She proceeded to rip through her wet hair with a cheap, close-toothed, plastic comb like her hair was an enemy that she was determined to conquer. Oh the ripping sounds; I almost wept. It was like a slap in the face. I don't give her advice or gifts for her hair anymore.

morguebabe
December 12th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Any suggestions for her hair type?
I don't what to get for thin straight hair.