PDA

View Full Version : Just came across this on the internet...

backtolonghair
December 6th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Yeah, it's pretty much the same thing as someone else on here stated... one moment the look is long hair, then it's short..

Go with what you like... I personally like the long hair, much much better. :)

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://theglamourouslife.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/new_hair.jpg&imgrefurl=http://theglamourouslife.com/articles/new-hairstyles-for-women.html&usg=__Caq3Qi8w9vk86j6qTjlga8yQdok=&h=600&w=500&sz=95&hl=en&start=31&um=1&tbnid=ExYsNmUF29SA8M:&tbnh=135&tbnw=113&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcelebrity%2Blong%2Bhair%26start%3D18% 26ndsp%3D18%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

carloota
December 8th, 2008, 07:36 PM
There are times when I wish I could cut my hair into an asymmetrical bob like the ones pictured. But with my curls, it would be almost impossible to maintain. Long hair is classic and will ALWAYS be appreciated and admired. :)

CaityBear
December 8th, 2008, 08:21 PM
I think some people do look better with short hair.

Though long hair looks absolutely amazing in my mind.

MotherConfessor
December 8th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Some women look beautiful (and feminine) with short hair, but at least five of those photos were men's styles that just made them look masculine, no matter what their stylists say. That's fine if thats the look you're going for, but its not feminine.

Is that Kyra Nightly on the bottom right?

Dolly
December 9th, 2008, 05:24 AM
Some women look beautiful (and feminine) with short hair, but at least five of those photos were men's styles that just made them look masculine, no matter what their stylists say. That's fine if thats the look you're going for, but its not feminine.

I agree. Some of them just look like men wearing makeup in their "after" shots......

AutumnLeaves
December 9th, 2008, 06:17 AM
Every time I've had my hair cut in an effort to emulate the shorter but cute styles some of the "stars" or models wear, I am so disappointed. I tend to forget two things: 1. My hair is curly and thick and not even close to the same hair types as the photos show; and 2. I do not have that pretty, impish face that sports those hair cuts. I have always wanted a bob that is long in front and shorter in back (not stacked though). The couple of times I've requested it, the stylists always cut short face framing bits in front which is the opposite of what I wanted!

I do so love long hair and am inspired by our fellow LHC long hairs here. I only hope my hair will grow that long!

lora410
December 9th, 2008, 06:21 AM
There are times when I wish I could cut my hair into an asymmetrical bob like the ones pictured. But with my curls, it would be almost impossible to maintain. Long hair is classic and will ALWAYS be appreciated and admired. :)

Me to, but my waves would never permit that perfectly straight shape.

Peggy E.
December 9th, 2008, 08:12 AM
All that hair over my face and in my eyes would drive me nuts! And I bet it does them, too!

After those "photo ops" are over, they go home and cry. Next morning their personal hairdresser stops by to make them presentable again.

Those very strong geometric cuts depend on very strong facial structures to pull them off. They don't work on most people - and they don't work on these celebrities all the time, either.

I think that's kyra k. in the lower right - and she's lost way too much weight. Her face is much too sharply planed. I thought so in the 3rd Pirates movie, too, but she's become even more angular. EAT Kyra! Please - You're so beautiful!

Ryanne
December 9th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Is that Kyra Nightly on the bottom right? Yes, I'm pretty sure that is Keira Knightley.

On some short hair looks better.

Amara
December 9th, 2008, 11:59 AM
LOL!

Anyone else notice that ALL of the photos across the top of the page (where it says "THE GLAMOROUS LIFE") are of women with long hair...?

Mixed messages, anyone?

Elainehali
December 9th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Oh hey! with my super straight hair those would be perfect cuts for me.:ponder:

...Still no...

florenonite
December 9th, 2008, 01:35 PM
I don't understand why anyone would cut their hair for fashion. Fashion, as Oscar Wilde once said (I love Wilde, and as such have probably quoted this before, but I love it and it's fitting :D) "is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months". So you get a pixie now, in six months' time for all you know all the celebrities will be getting extensions, and it'll be a couple years before your hair's long. Finally, you get to waist-length, but, because fashion moves in cycles, once you attain beautiful long hair, fashion tells you to cut again, so you do, and so it goes.

I know this is a bit of an exaggeration, but all the same, I just don't get why people would cut because someone else tells them to. If you think a short cut would suit you, or if you want to try one for a change, or because it'll be less work (as on some people a pixie or bob is less work than long hair, it depends on the hair type and how you style it, etc.), then go ahead. Likewise, if you want long hair, then wear it long. Some people, IMHO, don't suit their hair short, just like some people don't suit skinny jeans, and something that always makes me a little sad is when I see someone wear something that doesn't suit their body type, or facial structure, because it's what fashion dictates. Hair, like clothing, in my opinion, should accentuate your features, make you feel good about yourself, and express your personality. And unless your personality is being a sheeperson, and you truly think you look good by wearing what you're told to wear, then you shouldn't follow fashion strictly. Yes, wear certain fashions that suit you if you so choose, for instance if you suit short hair then go ahead and go with a fashionable short cut, but I think all too often people take the advice of fashion "experts" to the detriment of their appearance, in the end, because people look so vastly different that what suits a six feet tall, eight-and-a-half stone model with pixie-like faces won't suit a five-foot-two, ten stone woman with a more stately face. Likewise, things that might look great on the latter might look ridiculous on the former.

Dreamernz
December 9th, 2008, 03:26 PM
LOL!

Anyone else notice that ALL of the photos across the top of the page (where it says "THE GLAMOROUS LIFE") are of women with long hair...?

Mixed messages, anyone?
-LOL AT THAT! :D

ktani
December 9th, 2008, 03:32 PM
The beauty of long hair to me, is that you can often have the best of both worlds. If you like your hair up, you can selectively cut pieces of hair that can frame the face, without being layers as such and colour them as well, while still being able to enjoy long hair, when all of the hair is worn down.

Sissy
December 9th, 2008, 04:01 PM
The women in the pictures are all extremely beautiful, but some of their hairstyles are horrifying. I definitely prefer a more natural, long-haired look. That's just me though.