br
December 6th, 2008, 03:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/torrinpaige

Elainehali
December 6th, 2008, 03:58 PM
She's very cool. I hope I'm like that when I'm older. :D

Gumball
December 6th, 2008, 04:19 PM
I've seen links to her videos posted around here before. That's a pretty good amount of directional videos! Very nifty.

joyfulmom4
December 6th, 2008, 04:45 PM
I have seen her videos for styling and I thought they were helpful. I have to confess I am kinda creeped out by the videos of brushing hair and stuff. There are WAY too many voyeuristic hair videos on You Tube and they give me the willies. I check out the styling ones for advice on how to make certain updos or braids, but I steer clear of most stuff. There are far too many creepy, creepy people and videos out there.

I am happy to share discussion of long hair and pics of hairstyles and such with the folks here on LHC, but I would be reluctant to put stuff on You Tube. Simple styling videos like the ones Hypnotica and others from LHC post, maybe. But the "watch me comb and brush and flounce and fluff my long locks" ones... Ewww. Not for me.

ecologystudent
December 6th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Oh, I just watched her rope braid video the other day, and was really impressed! I just can't wait until my hair is long enough to do that!

Shorty89
December 6th, 2008, 04:49 PM
That looks very helpful. Thanks! I'm going to try the fairlytale braid right now.

patissegrietje
December 6th, 2008, 04:58 PM
thanks for the link! very useful, i'm bad at updos ;-)

atlantaz3
December 6th, 2008, 07:41 PM
I'm off to try her rope braid.

Well it took three tries - twist to the one side then wrap in the opposite direction - sometimes I really do need blonde directions!
It worked! A little catty wampus to one side but I like it and it feels very secure!

Ryanne
December 7th, 2008, 03:32 AM
That's really helpful, thank you for the link!
I think I'll try the rope braid later today.

karenpetal
December 7th, 2008, 04:11 AM
I love her videos - did my first sock bun seeing her video !!!!

Lady Lilya
December 7th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Thanks!

I've been watching videos since I followed that link. But I think my family is tired of hearing them for now, so I will have to watch the rest at another time.

I wish my hair was that long and thick!

plainjanegirl
December 7th, 2008, 01:10 PM
I have seen her videos before. She makes stuff easy to follow and understand.
Her hair is so pretty and thick.

plainjanegirl
December 7th, 2008, 01:17 PM
This girl has really long hair.
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=sameese79

LutraLutra
December 7th, 2008, 01:42 PM
This is just great. I can only dream at the moment, but give it time! :)

GlassEyes
December 7th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Hahaha.

She HAS to be a member, or at least lurk here. One of her pages has 'cinnamon hair' as a tag, as well as 'JJJ'.

katiana
December 7th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Oh..I really love her videos! She is really pleasant to watch and a good teacher :) I do not know if she is a member here, but I would hope she would join!

Sammybunny711
December 8th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Those are some REALLY helpful videos! She is funny to listen to as well. Although...Does slightly creep me out for her that weirdos might be watching them...

wolf girl
December 8th, 2008, 07:51 AM
I clicked on the link and thought, "Oh cool! I'll subscribe to that!! :D" Logged in and wouldn't you know I was already signed up for her channel... :rolleyes:

sahiba
December 9th, 2008, 01:46 AM
Thanks for the link . I loved the video.

LovingLife
December 9th, 2008, 09:25 AM
I agree totally with joyful mum 4.
I mean, why WOULD you WANT TO WATCH THAT??
just saying!

:p Lady Love of the curly raven tresses in the order of the long haired knights :p:eyebrows:

saman
December 9th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the link.
It's really helpful.

annys
December 13th, 2008, 05:03 PM
I just learned how to braid with four strands in my own hair with her tutorial on you tube.

MsBubbles
December 13th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Ironic. I first went to check out her videos when the OP started the thread, but was disappointed because I first clicked on the 12 minute hair drying video and saw her rubbing her hair with a towel!! I was so traumatized...:brainbleach:. But then after reading all your praises of her videos I just went back and clicked on one of the how-to's and yes I agree, they are very informative!! Although my hair will never be that thick, it's great to see updos demonstrated for me, since I glaze over when reading instructions. Thanks for posting the link and thanks to Torrinpaige for the demos.

AnimaSola3o4
December 13th, 2008, 06:50 PM
OMG. I finally understand how to do a 4-strand braid. I havent really even paid attention to any instructions before because I'm a visual learner. The worded instructions just make me insane. ;)

Thanks for posting this thread!!!

Smokering
January 19th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Wow, she is amazing! That's the most beautiful hair quality I've ever seen - long, thick, well-behaved and hardly any taper. And beautiful styles! I'm impressed. :) Now, if only her 'let's take one section of her' didn't equal the thickness of my entire ponytail... :p

I have to confess I am kinda creeped out by the videos of brushing hair and stuff. There are WAY too many voyeuristic hair videos on You Tube and they give me the willies.
Yeah, I just came across the one with the hair brushing and was somewhat startled. :p I wasn't aware of the hairbrushing Youtube f*tish thing until yesterday, when I was searching for long hair updo tutorials and came across a bunch of 'bun drop' videos. Yep, twelve-second videos of women letting their hair down from buns. Very, um, odd. Do you think Torrin's aware of why people are asking for hair brushing videos...? I got the impression she was just going with it, but I wasn't sure.

jel
January 19th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Great videos! I like the audio-visual quality (as opposed to silent updo demonstrations) as I sometimes need to be told what I'm seeing...:o

Also, I wore the Hawser braid twice since I saw the video, and it got noticed (and complimented) both times! :D

Stevy
January 20th, 2009, 05:11 AM
Thank you for that link! I really like her tutorials and her friendly style.

Ketherlin
January 20th, 2009, 07:50 AM
I think she (Torrin) does a great job at teaching the hairstyles. I like instructional how-to videos. The other girl (Sameese79) advertises that she has a hair video to sell you on her web site. Sorry, but that is creepy to me.

Jessikinz
January 20th, 2009, 08:06 AM
She is so funny in her videos and is a great teacher. I love the updos. It's so good to have people like her have instructional videos on youtube.

I do believe she mentioned being on a long haired forum in one of her videos. But she never mentioned the name of it.

herbgurl82
January 20th, 2009, 09:25 AM
The hairbrushing videos kinda freaked me out, but other then that, I've found her tutorials very helpful. Her hairtaping and ropebraiding tutorials are excellent. :applause

Nera
January 20th, 2009, 09:55 AM
that's great! I love updoes, I'm just really really bad at them! this might help me.

LaurelSpring
January 20th, 2009, 10:26 AM
I was just watching these this morning! Thanks for posting.

Hypnotica
January 20th, 2009, 10:43 AM
I am happy to share discussion of long hair and pics of hairstyles and such with the folks here on LHC, but I would be reluctant to put stuff on You Tube. Simple styling videos like the ones Hypnotica and others from LHC post, maybe. But the "watch me comb and brush and flounce and fluff my long locks" ones... Ewww. Not for me.

Well - I *do* brush my hair in my videos :p And I would not really mind if there were people of a certain way watching me brush my hair in a video.....but I'm kind of "liberal" when it comes to those kinds of things.

Fairlight63
January 20th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Thanks for posting the website. I will have to try some of those hairstyles! Trouble is my hair isn't long enough for some of them.

Radulfr
January 20th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Thank you for posting the link - she has some really interesting videos.
When my hair gets longer, I will return there and try the longer styles.

jojo
January 20th, 2009, 12:05 PM
I am so going to do that braid for work tomorrow, its lovely.

Thanks for sharing.

Stevy
January 20th, 2009, 12:20 PM
I'm going to try it tomorrow too! My rope braids are generally a bit unstable, so I'm interesting to see what twisting them together does.

squiggyflop
January 20th, 2009, 12:32 PM
i love the new hawser braid.. im going to modify it into pigtails.. the 2 pigtails will be right next to each other on the back of my head so that i can use just one accent braid to cover both elastics with the same braid.. i think my hairs too short to do just one braid and have it look good..

Kirin
January 20th, 2009, 02:45 PM
I have completely enjoyed this lady's videos on hair, but more than just the style reasons. She is proof positive, you don't have to ditch conventional ways of hair care to have beautiful hair.

In my time here, just over a year, I found the more "gentle and natural" hair care methods actually were destroying my hair..... not to mention my self esteem. I think often some attitudes toward traditional hair care and styling here can alienate others who use them. As this lady proves there is no one holy grail of hair care that will magically give you long healthy hair.

squiggyflop
January 20th, 2009, 02:47 PM
I did it!! instead of doing pigtails like i said i just split the one pony into 4 rope braids and and an extra braid to wrap around.. then i rope braided the rope braid (harder than i thought.. i kept wrapping it the wrong way) i did end up using some mousse to keep the braids from having hairs sticking out.. boy does this braid eat up length.. my 2 braids are each as thick as 1 of my regular rope braids would be.. well anyway yeah i did it.. after i made the 2 hawser braids i just wrapped an English braid around the pony.. now that im thinking about it it would have been nice and less of a hassle if i had just put a cute beaded scrunchy over the band instead of the extra braid..

its too bad i have to mess up the style by wearing a winter coat and then going and trying on new tops..

MsBubbles
January 20th, 2009, 03:11 PM
I have completely enjoyed this lady's videos on hair, but more than just the style reasons. She is proof positive, you don't have to ditch conventional ways of hair care to have beautiful hair.

In my time here, just over a year, I found the more "gentle and natural" hair care methods actually were destroying my hair..... not to mention my self esteem. I think often some attitudes toward traditional hair care and styling here can alienate others who use them. As this lady proves there is no one holy grail of hair care that will magically give you long healthy hair.

Very true! I think what I take away from it all is that someone like TorrinPaige has such lovely thick hair, and mine is so much thinner in comparison, that I have to really be careful what I'm doing with it. So the kinder, gentler methods of handling hair that I have learned here from this site have actually helped me get my hair to look better than I have ever managed in the past. I could not do that if I rubbed my hair dry with a towel every time I washed it, or used a blow dryer, or sun-in, etc. My poor hair just wouldn't be up to that.

What 'gentle and natural' hair care method destroyed your hair? Just curious. I know the stretching-washes thing for me is a disaster, but that's about it really. All the other info has actually helped me dare to dream of waist-length hair (not there yet, but someday!).

Sorry for the thread-jack.

Elleyena
January 20th, 2009, 03:24 PM
I am now subscribed! This is awesome for someone who is still learning.

plainjanegirl
January 20th, 2009, 03:27 PM

I completely agree with you. I cannot do co cause my hair will not handle it and my hair needs cones. Also am discovering that I cannot only wash twice a week like i strived to get down to. But I am still gonna believe that I can still have long beautiful hair.

Smokering
January 20th, 2009, 03:59 PM
I made a hawser braid today, from memory of her tute which I watched yesterday. It worked fine and looks a bit like a square 4-strand braid, but is much easier to do. I used her methods of swapping shoulders in order to centre the braid and make sure both my ropes were twisting the same way, and it worked perfectly - very useful tips!

Lady Lilya
January 20th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Yeah, I brush and use shampoo too (oh, the horror!) and don't think it has harmed my hair. What harmed my hair was postpartum hormones. But my hair still looks better than 99% of people's hair, so there! :P

sameese79
January 22nd, 2009, 09:35 PM
I'm sameese79. My hair video is not a f*tish videos. :( It is instructional only. There's nothing creep about it. I just teach how to do certain hair styles. I'm not into f*tish.

Thanks! :shrug:

WavyGirl
January 25th, 2009, 06:29 AM
I subscribed to her account a while ago. She has such a natural manner in front of the camera doesn't she? FWIW I don't mind the normal brushing videos - it's interesting that such a simple task can be done so differently by so many people: how they stand, how they hold the hair, tools, etc. I'll watch anything that might give me an insight into my breakage issues. I was amazed by how many don't seem to brush the underside before putting it up. What freaks me out are the ones with a running commentary on brushing and the sensations they experience while doing it. *shudder*You can tell which ones are intended to be provocative. I also avoid the cutting videos, they're creepy.

Speedbump
January 25th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Great updo vids!! Thanks for posting the link. I think I'll uhmm...avoid the other vids she has though. :lala: :lol:

Debra83
January 25th, 2009, 11:20 PM
I'm sameese79. My hair video is not a f*tish videos. :( It is instructional only. There's nothing creep about it. I just teach how to do certain hair styles. I'm not into f*tish.

Thanks! :shrug:

Your video is AWESOME and I love the songs!!!! I think you do a very good job at explaining stuff, and I wish my hair will one day be as long as yours is.

AND I learned something new!!! Who would have thought a sock bun REALLY has a sock!!!??!!! :agape: :D

Welcome to the site!!! You probably don't need to learn anything...but I hope you have fun!!!

Torrin Paige
January 27th, 2009, 11:50 AM
So, LadyLongLocks informed me that you all were enjoying the tutorials, so I just thought I'd stop by and say thanks for watching! I'm so glad that I have been of help to some of you. I try to provide a plethora of things to do with long hair in my attempts to keep other long haired gals (and guys) away from the scissors because they think they can do nothing with it.

So, thanks for watching and I'll try to come up with more tutorials soon. I'm just glad I remembered my password for this community. Apparently I haven't signed on since 2005. Wow.

DragonLady
January 27th, 2009, 12:20 PM
So, LadyLongLocks informed me that you all were enjoying the tutorials, so I just thought I'd stop by and say thanks for watching! I'm so glad that I have been of help to some of you. I try to provide a plethora of things to do with long hair in my attempts to keep other long haired gals (and guys) away from the scissors because they think they can do nothing with it.

So, thanks for watching and I'll try to come up with more tutorials soon. I'm just glad I remembered my password for this community. Apparently I haven't signed on since 2005. Wow.

I spent my entire afternoon watching them yesterday. :) Loved them, and hope you do many, many more.

Orchid
January 27th, 2009, 12:33 PM
She's adorable. I have several of her videos in my favorites. There are a lot of good ideas and tips in her videos and I love how she fully explains what she does as she is doing it.

CopperHead
January 27th, 2009, 01:05 PM

Great tutorials, Torrin! I am going to try the Elizabethan Hair Taping very soon. :) You give such wonderful hints and easy to follow instructions. Thank you very much for sharing!

Red Rapunzel
March 3rd, 2009, 01:19 PM
Thanks so much for sharing the info about Torrinpaige's YouTube site. She's awesome!! I used to have hair as thick as hers many, many, many years ago . . . After briefly viewing her videos, I feel like a pro. Made a braided sock bun right away!! I never could do updos but now, thanks to your post about Torrin, I can! Hurray!! Now if only I could find an updo style guide for long, thinning hair . . . . Does anyone else here have that problem with their thin hair not exactly showing up like Torrin's does in the various updos? On the braided sock bun, for instance, only one half of my braid was thick enough to be noticed - the other half on the other side of the sock bun just didn't show up. I have long hair - just not volume. Looks like I may have to head over to the mall for a couple of hairpieces to fill out my updos. Sigh . . . Well, at least I still have my natural red color and I do have length - just not volume!

RedStripe
March 3rd, 2009, 01:52 PM
Great vids! I just subscribed.

Coriander
March 3rd, 2009, 02:19 PM
Okay, after watching her French Braid video I'm inspired to try once more after years and years of failure :D

I love her bathroom! The color is very soothing :D

metal_sugar
March 3rd, 2009, 02:50 PM
I've been watching these a lot too. Her hair is really beautiful, and all her tutorials are easy to follow.

edensapples
March 3rd, 2009, 03:04 PM
Did you say you had youtube instrucional videos Hypnotica, and if so... link?

Also, does anyone else have any favorite long hair instructional videos on youtube?

I want to find all the good ones and add them. =)

edensapples
March 3rd, 2009, 03:06 PM
Oh, and TorrinPaige, is this the long hair community you were talking about in your video?

oldgregg
March 3rd, 2009, 04:47 PM
Thank you so much!

Very helpful videos on there

I have to try one of those tomorrow

Thanks Again

Chow! :) !!!

LinearChaos
March 3rd, 2009, 05:47 PM
Thank you, this really is a helpful page!

Torrin Paige
March 25th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Oh, and TorrinPaige, is this the long hair community you were talking about in your video?
Hiya, edensapples! Nope, I belong to a longhair community over on livejournal...they're actually the ones who got me started on the tutorials because one of the gals was having such a problem getting her hairsticks to work. And thus began my youtube page. I now find myself inundated with requests for more tutorials, but I'm running out of hairstyles. I've been sending some people here to check out the awesome hairstyles the peeps here have come up with, but they want video tutorials instead of pictorials and I find myself in a bit of a dilemma. I feel like doing the awesome hairstyles here as a vid tutorial is like stealing, and I never want to be accused of filching someone else's idea. Although, maybe if I give credit where it is due, then it won't be a problem? I dunno. I find myself at a loss.

JamieLeigh
March 25th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Torrin's awesome! :D I have a friend on Facebook who sends me links to her videos every time a new one is posted. It's better than signing up for a mailing list. ;)

Centeredgirl1
March 25th, 2009, 02:00 PM
*sigh*, I just can't relate to that amazing hair thackness and length...yet.

Gutterfayrie
March 25th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Thank you for your you-tube page Torrin Paige, I've always found them useful!!!!!!

Torrin Paige
June 6th, 2009, 11:03 PM
I finally cracked the crown braid! GoddesJourney was an enormous help in doing so, so I wanted to give her props! (She's MarriedaMonkey over on Ye Olde You Tube.) I couldn't have done it without you!

So here's the links to the crown tutorial...it ended up being a Dutch Lace because that's the only one I could make look decent on my own head. It's also a two-parter because of my babbling. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tjLWkfiHvE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IvQqsweOLU

I hope someone finds it helpful! (And easier than I did..heh.)