PDA

View Full Version : Austin, TX salon?

soprano
December 5th, 2008, 02:59 PM
I'm looking for a long hair-friendly salon here in Austin. I did a search and found a listing of salons here on LHC that included one in South Austin, Clip Joints Natural Hair Salon, but couldn't find any more information on them anywhere - the web site is minimal and I couldn't find any reviews anywhere. Has anyone actually been there?

I want to shorten up my length to BSL. I took off about 10" over the summer, but now the length is getting annoying again. (I hate it when I tuck my hair into my jeans!) The person who cut my hair last summer was great about cutting it to exactly the length I wanted, but he seemed to have zero experience with really long hair and didn't know how to wash or detangle it effectively.

I'd prefer to get this done here in Austin, but would drive to San Antonio or Houston if I had a really good recommendation. Any suggestions?

chrissy-b
December 5th, 2008, 05:39 PM
There was a woman I saw in Austin who worked at a salon that was across from UT on Guadalupe (north of MLK but south of Trudy's), but this was over three years ago and not only can I not remember the name of the salon or her name, I don't know if it's still there. Sorry, I'm not much help.

If it is still there, I'm sure you can find someone who'll do a good job. Everyone was very friendly in that salon. I remember I went to a much more trendy place on S. Congress before her and it was triple the price and the guy didn't listen to me at all.

NurseMama
December 5th, 2008, 06:40 PM
There is a George Michael long hair salon here in Dallas if you are willing to make the drive. I have been to him for a trim and a deep condish treatment.

soprano
December 5th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Dallas is a bit far for me - I usually make that an overnight trip, which I think is a bit excessive for a haircut.

I'll have to look up who's on Guadelupe - thanks, crissy-b.