PDA

View Full Version : Qwik Bun/EZ Bun

kirky
December 5th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Hi everyone!

At the North Dakota State Fair this past summer I noticed a booth selling Qwik Buns or EZ Buns (I dont remember which one it was!).

Has anyone ever tried these products? What did you think of them if you have tried them?

I think they look pretty good, and I'd like to give them a try, but before I order a few, I wanted to check in with the LHC!

kirky
December 5th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Nobody? Hmmm................I thought someone might have seen them before

neon-dream
December 5th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Hmm, nope!
Sorry I haven't seen anything like that!

Silverlox
December 5th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Short version: I tried it and liked it and do not hesitate recommending it. :D

Long version: Had to google them to see what you meant, since the names meant nothing to me. :o

Now that I know what it is, I have indeed used one of these. I found it very handy, hair friendly and comfortable. I used it for several years until the wire broke from bending backwards and forwards too many times.

Granted, my hair was a lot shorter back then, but even since it "died" on me, I've wanted to replace it. Problem was, I never saw it anywhere.

Thanks to you, I now know where to get some. :thumbsup:

Whimsical wind
December 6th, 2008, 03:56 AM
They look easy to make. :D I think I'll give it try sometime. They look really useful.

ETA: I really like the video they've got for the double bun. Gorgeous.

soobie
December 6th, 2008, 10:23 AM
I tried one once, but my hair was too slippery and too long/heavy for it to work (or I couldn't make it work). It wouldn't stay in.

Deborah
December 6th, 2008, 10:28 AM
I have had a few of these - ever hopeful. They look nice in use, but I always managed to have some painful hair pulling, no matter how loose or tight I rolled the thing up. I finally had to admit defeat and give up. YMMV.

Wavelength
December 6th, 2008, 10:46 AM
I have one, but I can't get it to work for me anymore. I find they work better on shorter lengths. (If you notice, the girl in the demos has hair no longer than BSL.) Now that my hair is past waist, I find it's near-impossible to use. I've given up on mine and use other tools, like hairsticks.

Hypnotica
December 6th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Short version: I tried it and liked it and do not hesitate recommending it. :D

Long version: Had to google them to see what you meant, since the names meant nothing to me. :o

Now that I know what it is, I have indeed used one of these. I found it very handy, hair friendly and comfortable. I used it for several years until the wire broke from bending backwards and forwards too many times.

Granted, my hair was a lot shorter back then, but even since it "died" on me, I've wanted to replace it. Problem was, I never saw it anywhere.

Thanks to you, I now know where to get some. :thumbsup:

Tips: They do have something similar at Åhléns right now.

WindowDressing
December 6th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Years ago I tried something similar, and the wire broke.

But their site says lifetime guarantee, so if'n they still are in business that's pretty good!

This looks better with the hole instead of trying to hold two of them together at one time to make a "slot".

I asked hubby, he says I should try it, so we'll see.

Thanks for posting about it!

Hugs!
WD :)

Silverlox
December 6th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Tips: They do have something similar at Åhléns right now.

Thank you! Guess where I'll be heading Monday? :D

intothemist1999
December 6th, 2008, 07:25 PM
I haven't seen it posted yet:

EZ Buns (http://www.ezbun.com/)

morguebabe
December 6th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Is that basically a haragami?

WindowDressing
December 6th, 2008, 07:50 PM

That wasn't the name of the wired "snake" I had.

Wish I knew what the brand name was but it was about 20 years ago.

Hugs!

Anje
December 6th, 2008, 07:56 PM
I love how easy these look. Unfortunately, by the time your hair gets rather long (say, past waist), sliding these things down at least half your hair takes some serious effort.

susiemw
December 6th, 2008, 07:58 PM

Thank you!
Now I know what it is.

I had one and loved it... it created great "braid waves" too.
I haven't seen it in over a year or two and have no idea where it went to. Probably still packed in a box someplace. I hope I find it again.

Now I know what it's called!
Susan

Silverlox
December 6th, 2008, 08:14 PM

No, but it could be said to work in a similar way. You can see what it looks like here (http://www.qwikbuns.com)

basketcase413
December 6th, 2008, 08:17 PM
I have some of these and I LOVE them. I've been planning to take some pics, because I can do some pretty cool updos' even after cutting back to 21.5"! Someone mentioned making their own, and it can be done, but be careful what wire you choose....it takes just the right guage to be able to twist easily and still get it to hold in place. I made something similar several years ago and remember that it was difficult to find the right type of wire. When you get yours, be sure to post pics!

MandaMom2Three
December 6th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Good grief everyone, are you all trying to bankrupt me?!?!? :D

Silverlox
December 6th, 2008, 08:43 PM

Bankrupt - no.
Corrupt - yes! :p

WindowDressing
December 6th, 2008, 08:55 PM

Whaaaa???

They said the Bump-its aren't edible!!!

Get yer priorities straight, dear MandaMom2Three.
Food, OR hair toys.:o

ETA: OK, maybe the EZbuns are edible, who knew?

Love and Hugs!

morguebabe
December 6th, 2008, 09:04 PM
I love how easy these look. Unfortunately, by the time your hair gets rather long (say, past waist), sliding these things down at least half your hair takes some serious effort.

I was thinking that.

MandaMom2Three
December 6th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Get yer priorities straight, dear MandaMom2Three.
Food, OR hair toys.:o

:whistle:..........:D

WindowDressing
December 7th, 2008, 09:48 AM
:whistle:..........:D

:cheese::eyebrows:

sahiba
December 7th, 2008, 09:58 AM

I didn't know what they were. Thanks for the link. Loved all their video instructions.

MandaMom2Three
December 7th, 2008, 03:04 PM
I'm going to get two in the leopard print and 2 in another colour, but I can't decide which!

GibsonGirlV
December 9th, 2008, 01:37 AM
These remind me of this. http://hairagami.com/hairagami.html

I used to have something similar that was just plastic and when you were finished, It wasn't visible at all so it was very similar to a sock bun effect. It would leave my hair beautifully wavy the next day too. Unfortunately I can't find them anywhere anymore and I have no idea what they're called, so I picked up a hairagami at CVS. It's a little trickier to use, but is more versatile. I like the fact that you can't see it at all when you're finished with it either.

These EZ bun thingys look comfy and easy, but I hate how the fabric part shows. It would drive me crazy.

basketcase413
December 9th, 2008, 04:14 PM
These EZ bun thingys look comfy and easy, but I hate how the fabric part shows. It would drive me crazy.

I've actually figured out a way to tuck the fabric under, making the fabric hidden and the bun look more full! When I actually get past he newbie stage, and have enough posts, and time to post pictures, I'll show you some of the things I've been doing. They are great for making my now APL hair appear longer!:D

marajade
December 9th, 2008, 11:00 PM
These remind me of this. http://hairagami.com/hairagami.html

I used to have something similar that was just plastic and when you were finished, It wasn't visible at all so it was very similar to a sock bun effect. It would leave my hair beautifully wavy the next day too. Unfortunately I can't find them anywhere anymore and I have no idea what they're called, so I picked up a hairagami at CVS. It's a little trickier to use, but is more versatile. I like the fact that you can't see it at all when you're finished with it either.

On their website they have different colors. I imagine its the style so to speak, to have the color showing. I find it rather cute. Like matching your scrunchie to your outfit :p.

I have given up on contraptions like this. My hair is too long but mostly too heavy/thick for this.

Oh, and the model has the most gorgeous blonde hair, I wonder if that is natural? It looks soooo shiny.