PDA

View Full Version : annual cut club

jojo
March 24th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Anybody want to join me in cutting just once a year? I cut at the end of February and was going to cut again in August but now im thinking of waiting and seeing how much growth i get and just taking an inch off each February.

anybody else just an annual cutter?

florenonite
March 24th, 2008, 02:15 PM
I've become an annual cutter because I don't trust myself with my own hair and I don't trust anyone other than the person who's cut my hair my whole life with it, and am only home once a year. Saying she's the only person who will cut my hair is a convenient way of preventing myself from cutting it on a whim. Besides which, she really is the only person I trust to cut my hair because she knows what I like and dislike, and if I tried to get anyone else to cut it I'd forget to mention something and end up unhappy.

Snowymoon
March 24th, 2008, 02:20 PM
I only trim once per year now, on the summer solstice. :) It has worked out for me pretty well.

peachy.pudding
March 24th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Excellent, i have just gone one year without trimming, so this is inspiration for me to do another year, i shall be cheacking in regulary to this thread.

heidihug
March 24th, 2008, 03:08 PM
I think I can do this. It's been almost a year since my last trim, so I can wait another month or so. Then I'll give it a good even-ing trim, and hold off for another year.

Neon Gloss
March 24th, 2008, 03:31 PM
I remember when I went a year without cutting my hair AND without any split end removal... Erm. Wow. This time, I'm going to tend to my splits.

I tried getting my hair cut every 12 weeks nov-feb, but that drove me and my wallet insane. So here I am now, letting my hair do its own thing.

jojo
March 24th, 2008, 03:55 PM
I have gone nearly 2 years without cutting this was last year but i am an impulse cutter, ive cut some paper with my hair scissors to deliberately blunt them but i will get them sharpened next February!

Nice to see im not the only one!

Robinlyn
March 24th, 2008, 07:13 PM
I'm in! Although I haven't cut since Apr 07, so I'm due for a trim next month. I plan on cutting only once per year! Sometimes it's hard to fight the urge to cut though. I like a clean hemline!

tiny_teesha
March 25th, 2008, 01:58 AM
i think i trim when i need it, but i've needed a trim for a long time!!! I'm waiting until waist, then i am maintaining. If my hair was healthy i would join!

Jae6
March 25th, 2008, 02:17 AM
i'm trying to be one (mainly 'cuz i'm poor and can't afford my favorite stylist atm). last time my hair has been cut was july of last year.

it's been a few years since i've had below-shoulder length hair, so i'm relearning everything! ugh...

jojo
March 25th, 2008, 06:02 PM
great quite a few of us in then. Remember this time next year we should all have gained at least 6" keep this thought!

i could be 28" long thats only 2" off waist for me woot!:cheese:

WritingPrincess
March 25th, 2008, 06:09 PM
I'm going to wait a couple months before I trim, (it's been, oh, at least 2 years. No idea when I last trimmed,) but this sounds like a good idea. I'm waiting because I don't want to leave TB now that I'm there--much easier to trim between goals. Does anyone else feel that way? And, where can I find the self-trimming method instructions?
ETA:Never mind, I just found the instructions.

Patrycja
March 25th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Sure,I'll join.I know I need a trim at least once a year to keep the split ends at bay as much as possible.

The last time I had a pretty major cut-January 2008,1" off my bottom layer and my top layers cleaned up.Added long bangs as well.

It sounds like I killed my hair-but I didn't.I'm happy with the results,I just want to get the layers longer.I'm going to keep the bangs.Did a dusting on them two days ago so they are good for another 3 months.

ladystar
March 25th, 2008, 06:27 PM
I really want to join this group. I am going to try my best. The last time I trimed was Jan.

jojo
March 25th, 2008, 06:45 PM
everybody welcome! ive just posted the cutting method on the forum

artemis
March 25th, 2008, 07:24 PM
I've always been a once-a-year-cutter. Before I started growing my hair longer, I got it cut once a year, but had anything from 4-12 inches taken off. Now I just get it trimmed once a year (over Spring Break). This year I did the trim myself instead of going to a salon.

Cinnamon Hair
March 25th, 2008, 09:13 PM
I always cut once a year, so sure I'll join! This should be a cake walk for me. I'm not very fond of trimming so I stick with once a year (used to be in Feb. but has shifted to July/August) and just cut however much is needed.... well maybe not THAT much, but however much I feel comfortable losing. Usually 2 or 3 inches.

Robinlyn
March 26th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Good point Jojo! I would be at 27" this time next year, just past BSL! That will motivate me not to cut! :cheese:

jojo
March 26th, 2008, 03:59 PM
thats a girl robinlyn, think of it like a hair pregnancy, lots of changes and lengths coming to us all and in 12 months time just healthy bouncy hair!

jojo
April 7th, 2008, 03:18 PM
*bump* is everybody sticking to it? any scissor cravings?

Ive been fine and had no urges this week, so far so good. Hope everybody is doing good!

heidihug
April 8th, 2008, 07:32 AM
I just did my once-a-year trim - took two inches off to even up the back and cut some wispy ends. Can't guarantee I'll make it until April '09, as I am aiming for thicker, more even ends, but I'll sure try.

Robinlyn
April 8th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Just got my 1/4" trim! I was due for a trim, it's been a whole year! I wanted to try the self trimming method but got scared! I had the salon do it instead. I think next year when I trim I'll do it myself though!!

Florida Mom
April 8th, 2008, 07:57 AM
I'm in! I got my hair cut last spring. And in two days I go for a trim (still deciding on layers or not), and then I'll wait until next spring! Minus a few S&Ds!

Delila
April 8th, 2008, 08:23 AM
I'm in, I think. My goal is to hold off until December, with split end trimming as needed, but nothing else.

I've never gone that long between trims, though, so this is new territory for me.

chrissy-b
April 8th, 2008, 01:49 PM
I'm in!

I'm not planning on trimming until January 09, and will only trim once a year until I reach my goal length.

jojo
May 2nd, 2008, 09:16 AM
*bump* hows everybody doing with this challenge, any scissor cravings? ive done a few s&d's but no cravings at all!

Patrycja
May 2nd, 2008, 09:39 AM
no cravings...I keep looking at my hair from behind and I can definately see my growth since my cut.I am letting the bangs go for now-can't afford to keep them neat and trimmed atm.

I realised yesterday that my hair is now right past BSL(longest layer)and my shortest layers are now a itty bit past shoulders...So happy!

jojo
May 2nd, 2008, 10:07 AM
no cravings...I keep looking at my hair from behind and I can definitely see my growth since my cut.I am letting the bangs go for now-can't afford to keep them neat and trimmed atm.

I realized yesterday that my hair is now right past BSL(longest layer)and my shortest layers are now a itty bit past shoulders...So happy!
thats great, your growing well. Thats what keeps me going seeing the length getting longer, you will be waist i bet by this time next year. Well done on sticking to it x

florenonite
May 2nd, 2008, 08:01 PM
I'm going to trim soon, but that will be about a year after my last cut.

Jae6
May 2nd, 2008, 08:42 PM
I just did a measurement of my hair and kinda forgot how fast my hair grows. 6"+ and it hasn't even been a year yet. at this rate i'll reach my goal next year...this totally makes me not want to cut it until i absolutely have to. (still no split ends)