PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever been 'obsessed' with someone else's hair?

Thumper
December 4th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Ok, first off, I am not a freak.

I was in the grocerie store the other day and this woman had her her all the way down past her butt. She had it pulled back on the sides in a really nice hair clip. I could not. stop. staring. at her hair. Furthermore, I was really tempted to walk up to her and ask her about it (how long did it take to grow, how do you take care of it etc) but feared she would think I was a freak.

I'm finding that I am so obsessed with my own hair growth and wanting length, that when I get that close to someone else's, I can't take my eyes off of it.

Anyone else ever have these feelings?

Maybe I should join a H.A.A. (Hair Addicts Annonymos)

Honey39
December 4th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Lol - there's a woman at work who has perfect hair. It's thick, black, shiny like you would not believe, and pin straight. We nicknamed it 'best genetic hair' in the office. Absolutely gorgeous. She does not like it however, and keeps it cut in a very unflattering bowl cut, despite our raptures over it. So I kind of understand what you mean!

SweetPea88
December 4th, 2008, 07:53 AM
I don't think I would call it obsession, but I love seeing other longhairs in public. I try my best not to look for too too long! :p

carloota
December 4th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Nope. I've never been obsessed with someone else's hair. I'm too busy being obsessed with my own hair. :D

SweetPea88
December 4th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Haha, I hear you carloota! I think that's my problem as well...

Xandergrammy
December 4th, 2008, 08:05 AM
When I was 14 or 15, the movie Romeo and Juliet with Olivia Hussey came out. I immediately fell in love with her hair. I went to see the movie 14 times while it was in the theater. I still think she had one of the most beautiful heads of hair I've ever seen. :inlove: :crush: :cloud9:

spidermom
December 4th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Back when Sonny and Cher were on TV, I was kind of obsessed with her hair. I watched that show mostly to see it.

Honey39
December 4th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Back when Sonny and Cher were on TV, I was kind of obsessed with her hair. I watched that show mostly to see it.

yes! she has my idea of 'perfect' hair in that. I just love pin straight black hair which is long. I'm not sure why, maybe it's because it's nothing like the mop I have! lol.

Tapioca
December 4th, 2008, 08:39 AM
I am mildly obsessed with my daughter's hair. It still has that little-kid softness to it, and I can do so much more with it than I can my own hair (being able to see the back of her head helps). It's chocolate brown, glossy and shiny and has just a hint of the henna gloss I did on her when it's in the right light.

Chromis
December 4th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Nope. I'd be rather worried if I ever became obsessed with something and especially someone! Eek!

MsBubbles
December 4th, 2008, 09:11 AM
when I get that close to someone else's, I can't take my eyes off of it.

Anyone else ever have these feelings?

Maybe I should join a H.A.A. (Hair Addicts Annonymos)

Oh heck yes! I'm obsessive and proud - over many famous ladies' hair, and other mere mortals' hair. Usually long, blonde straight hair because it's what I want mine to look like. I am pretty obsessed with my own but in a more negative way. I am hoping if and when I get to waist or tailbone length in great condition that I'll be enthralled enough with my own to not covet other women's hair any more. LHC has done a lot towards me stopping envying other women's hair and start obsessing more about my own (in a positive way).

eaglefeather71
December 4th, 2008, 09:16 AM
I am mildly obsessed with my daughter's hair. It still has that little-kid softness to it, and I can do so much more with it than I can my own hair (being able to see the back of her head helps). It's chocolate brown, glossy and shiny and has just a hint of the henna gloss I did on her when it's in the right light.
I'm obsessed with both of my 14 yo DD's hair. One has georgeous shiny long henna'd hair with black tips, and the other one is growing out a short cut but her hair is beautiful Henna+indigo Black and absolutely perfect! Her friends at school say she has "Pantene Perfect" hair, but its in a short bob right now.

Peggy E.
December 4th, 2008, 09:30 AM
I find myself looking at hairstyles and wondering "How did they do that?!" Get very frustrated, actually, when the hair I'm wanting to see doesn't turn its back to the camera, giving a better view of the logistics!

Particularly when watching movies portraying life in Victorian/Edwardian times. Still have not found how to do Ann Harding's lovely hair. I see where TCM is releasing "Double Harness" on DVD soon; I'll buy it simply to try and figure out her hair! (The movie's great, though, so it won't be too silly an expenditure!)

"A Night to Remember" was recently shown (the British version of the Titanic disaster) and all those fabulous styles, held up by astounding hair jewelry - I kept shouting at them to "Turn around! I can't see the back!!!" And it was amazing the way the styles held up, even when the ship was sinking and the women were in those lifeboats - immaculate hair!

What I recall about Cher's hair in their television show was that she was constantly messing with it and it was sooooo annoying!

Copasetic
December 4th, 2008, 10:00 AM
there is a girl in one of my poli sci classes with hair that i lurrve. its really curly and comes down to her elbows. its so pretty. it is about the same colour and texture as mine, so she is pretty much my inspiration.

mommy101405
December 4th, 2008, 10:17 AM
At her wedding in June my sil had waist length hair. She is half Japanese and half caucasian. She has a gorgeous combination of dark sleek hair with quite a bit of wave. I just love it. Next time I saw her she had cut it to a chin length bob. Everyone kept telling her how good it looked. I wanted to cry! She is still an absolutely gorgeous girl but her hair really made her stand out and look very exotic.

sahiba
December 4th, 2008, 10:30 AM
I am not obsessed with anybody's hair but I definitely drool over everybody's hair. :silly: again.

DragonLady
December 4th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Yesterday I was in the drug store buying conditioner and met an Indian girl with the most awesome hair. Her braid was classic length. I couldn't help it -I raved about it. I think I embarrassed her and maybe made her think I was gay or something. But I just couldn't not comment -it was just too beautiful. Not just long, but well cared for long. Clean, shiny, well-behaved.... What can I say? She had hair worth obsessing over. :)

I told her about this place, but have no idea if she'll ever visit.

florenonite
December 4th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Not obsessed, no, but there's a girl I saw yesterday while walking to archery with hip-TB 3a auburn hair, and it's absolutely gorgeous! Today whilst leaving a shop I saw her again, and recognised her by the hair :P I want hair like that :D

lorig713
December 4th, 2008, 01:39 PM
I don't think I would call it obsession, but I love seeing other longhairs in public. I try my best not to look for too too long! :p

Me too. :D

andrea1982
December 4th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Hello, my name is Andrea.. and I'm also a hair addict! It's so neat seeing long hair in real life, I have a really hard time not staring. I usually try and restrain myself from asking questions or making comments, but it's really hard!

Shufro
December 4th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Hahaha omg funny story.. But nope nothing i can remember

missbexy
December 5th, 2008, 01:26 PM
As far as I can remember I've been hair obsessed my whole life. There's woman who works at my college with a fantastic approx. tbl braid (grey which makes me think she's even better because she's clearly prefectly happy with herself no peer pressure etc.) which i'm silently in awe of nearly every day. I'm definately obsessed with my bf's hair (about shoulder length, dark curls), I swear I have more nightmares about someone cutting his hair than I do about something happening to mine. I get hair jealousy, basically i'm an absolute nut lol :cheese:

sherigayle
December 5th, 2008, 02:00 PM
My SIL has the most beautiful, sleek, shiny hair I have ever seen. I haven't seen her since April and I can't wait to see how long her hair is now. It was TB then.

Schmoomunitions
December 5th, 2008, 02:05 PM
When I go to the indian grocery store, it never fails , there is always at least 1 woman with the thickest longest braid ever, and I HAVE to stare , Im like a little kid. ooooooohhhhh preeeety. Plus I love indian women who are hairy, thick eyebrows and almost sideburns. And hairy arms. I think its cause I have light red hair that barely shows up. They are so exotic looking to me. And Im sure they probably hate their hairy ness.

rockkcor
December 5th, 2008, 02:15 PM
I am super obsessed! And I do think that long hair has to play an important part in relationship with the significant one one day! I don't want to be 'limited' and to exclude possibility that my future wife would have short hair - but I want long hair! On me and on my partner!
Besides I grow my own in hope that significant one would have longer hair than mine :D
So - OK! Most of us here are obsesed - but count me as 'super obsesed'!
:)

jera
December 5th, 2008, 02:32 PM
A girl I went to school with had the most amazing inspiringly long thick honey colored hair I'd ever seen. When she sat down on the floor at parties her hair would spill out and pool over a foot in both directions at her sides.

OOooh, I envied her. :o But she inspired me to grow my own hair super long too. ;) And I became happy with my own hair.

Barca
December 8th, 2008, 09:44 PM
I was obsessed with my best friend's hair until she cut it!! :( it was tailbone length, wavy and fire red! Hopefully she'll let it grow back.

ItalianFlower
December 8th, 2008, 09:48 PM
My little sister. Her hair is SO incredible. She lucked out because her hair is a LOT straighter than mine, more like our moms. Mine is curly and so my mom always kept it short because it used to be so...explosiony. But hers is down to her butt and has been since it originally grew there when she was like four.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll110/OneItalianFlower/DSCF3467.jpg

See? But she lets me play with it all the time, so it's all good.

NebraskaChick84
December 8th, 2008, 10:03 PM
yes when I was in high school there was a girl in a couple of my classes...she had longish hair and by the time I left 2.5y later her hair was down to her ANKLES. I was dying to have her hair! also her hair was a lot thinner than mine so her braid was so thin and long. it was like a whip.

yes I am obsessed.

Jami

Solange
December 9th, 2008, 03:25 AM
My hair obsession is simply to get my former thickness (or at least part of it) back. When I see someone with very thick hair, I can't help wishing mine was still like that.

Solange
December 9th, 2008, 03:28 AM
Mine is curly and so my mom always kept it short because it used to be so...explosiony.

"Explosiony" hair, lol. I'd like to see that. :O)

Katze
December 9th, 2008, 04:18 AM
hair! On me and on my partner!
Besides I grow my own in hope that significant one would have longer hair than mine :D

I am definitely mildly obsessed with my partner's hair. He's a scientist and former metal head, and it is only shorter than mine because I trimmed about 5 inches off in September! Otherwise, his hair grows like a weed, and is thicker than mine and gets more compliments, despite all the damage and dryness.

I do try not to bug him about his hair too much, though about once a week I get in the shower with him and put conditioner on his hair, because he won't do it on his own.

Other than that I get mildly obsessed about strangers' hair. There are so many women in this town with BSL to midback, even longer, beautiful hair that they wear down ALL THE TIME, even while biking, and I get so envious and try to look without looking as much as possible. I usually see blunt hemlines and fairly healthy looking hair, which makes me get obsessive about wanting hair that looks like that too...

AutumnLeaves
December 9th, 2008, 06:20 AM
I can't believe this, but in thinking on it, I tend to dwell on Rain's hair alot. I love the length and curl of it and keep hoping mine looks like that if and when it grows that long. Now, mind you, I'm not a stalker or anything, but when I think on hair, it tends to be hers I picture.

beehives
December 11th, 2008, 01:16 PM
this is an easy one for me.

i can't get enough of joanna newsom:

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2008/01/06/joanna_newsom_narrowweb__300x450,0.jpg

http://www.loumuenz.com/wp-content/joanna_newsome-2006.jpg

my hair is very thin and straight, so i can't help but want what i can never have!

Siava
December 11th, 2008, 01:45 PM
I had a 6th grade English teacher named Ms. Johnson that had long, straight, black hair. I want to say it was tailbone, perhaps longer, but my memory is a little fuzzy. I had a hard time concentrating in her class because her hair was so stunning.

Right now I don't have any hair obssessions that I can think of.

Boots
December 11th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Angelina Jolie. I would love to look like her. Dh rented Wanted last night and I couldn't concentrate on the plot, I was so enthralled with her waist length, chocolate brown hair. I'm soooo jealous.

MBonn
December 11th, 2008, 02:29 PM
@ Spidermom and Honey39 My aunt met Cher about ten years ago when she was doing a promo at the record store she worked at and My aunt told her she loved her hair and Cher laughed and said "Its all wigs!" It creeped my aunt out and i was so disappointing. Makes me wonder how long it's been wigs!?

Spike
December 11th, 2008, 02:39 PM
A girl I went to high school with had KNEE LENGTH AUBURN WAVES. How unfair is that? Really.

I so wanted that hair. Until I went to college, and met a teacher who had perfect pre-Raphialite blond ringlets. Like he had just put his hair up in rollers and let it down without brushing. You could stick a finger up inside the perfect spiral curls.

So I guess my fantasy hair would be knee length ringlets. (Blond or auburn, I'm not picky.) Yes, when wet, the hair would drag the bottom of the shower.

And that's a bad thing HOW??? ;)

Dreamernz
December 11th, 2008, 03:30 PM
I know exactly what you mean, hopefully one day ill be the one stared at for my hair :D

DeepRiver
December 11th, 2008, 08:09 PM
I have to admit, in public, that I'm am mildly obsessed with Nightshade's hair. When I stumbled across this website, I lurked for quite a while before posting anything....you know, just looking around getting ideas. Having never had hair longer than APL in my life (but somehow always wanting long hair), Nightshade's hair was (is) exactly what I pictured my hair looking like if I had my wish!

Definitely mildly obsessed! :cheese:

LadyGunn
December 11th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Mine is curly and so my mom always kept it short because it used to be so...explosiony.

Explosiony - love that word!

I notice hair all the time now. I don't see many with hair longer than mine (waist-ish) but the few I do need to S&D & moisturize the poor little hairs. But then again, so do I. I'm always self concious when my hair is down. That started when I was filing in a boys' cottage, with all male staff there, & I took my bun down since I had a headache. They had never seen it down & I kept catching them all staring. That was a nice little boost. :o

Darkhorse1
December 11th, 2008, 09:04 PM
HOney---omg! There was a young girl at my barn--many years ago, and she had gorgeous, dark, dark brown hair--dead straight, shiny and it fell past her butt. I was in AWE of her hair. She was sixteen and I remember the day she was leaning over in the viewing area, and I saw a ton of gray hair. Apparently she started going gray at sixteen! I know she's an adult and now keeps it just past shoulder length---I mean, we all change our hair as we age, but for me, long hair is here to stay! :)

nicolezoie
December 12th, 2008, 12:05 AM
Many times, yes. Two notables, one of which was my biggest inspiration to take better care of my own hair. Not to go into detail, but that experience was one of the more embarrassing periods of my life. Anytime this individual walked into the room I could not stop staring at his hair. I was utterly FIXATED on his hair. :blushing:

pdy2kn6
December 12th, 2008, 08:40 AM
yeah dont worry you are not alone, when i see people with incredibly long hair, i like to look at it just so i can imagine what hair of that length would look like. I like to look at it and think to myself are they trimmers? non trimmers? i find it inspiring seeing what others hair looks like at such a long length. Oh and about being obsessed with your own growth, im sure we have all been there at some time or another on our quest for long hair

fairydust
December 12th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Yes! There was this girl that I knew when I was in university. She was a student like me back then, and we attended the same classes. She had (and still does, as far as I know) really beautiful hair down to her hips. It was wavier and coarser in texture than mine, but the colour was similar to my hair. I had long hair back then, but it was nowhere near as gorgeus as hers (I still feel this way, though I do appreciate the finer aspects of my then long hair now that it's not long anymore). She occasionally wore it in different styles, and even dyed it a couple of times (this seemed crazy to me, it wasn't henna or anything like that, but chemical dye. For some reason, her hair didn't seem to suffer at all from that). Mostly she wore in in a ponytail or just down and flowing, and I was envious that her hair looked so good when it was down, whereas mine was always kind of stringy and fly-away. I was a little bit obsessed with her in general (don't get me wrong, I just thought she was fascinating and an all-round nice person). I haven't seen her since May 06, but some of my friends know her. Her hair is still as gorgeous as ever. She's got more perseverance than I do when it comes to hair...:o But I still wonder how she kept it looking so good and healthy despite wearing it down all the time and being so careless with it otherwise, too. Mine never looked remotely as good as hers despite taking good care of it and rarely wearing it down. Go figure.

NiAosSi
December 12th, 2008, 10:54 AM
There is a lady in my building who has thigh length blonde hair in nice condition. She always has it down and never wears a hat when it's cold. I want to introduce her to LHC! Wait, imagine she is already on here...:hmm:

lapushka
December 12th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Obsessed no, but there are a few ladies on LHC that are my hairexamples. :)

DeeM
December 13th, 2008, 01:56 AM
Obsessed...............not really the word I'd use, but I do take inspiration from seeing other longhairs, especially those that are longer than mine. Sometimes I imagine myself with the lengths and styles of those that inspire me........I want, I want, I want! :eyebrows:

Lady Verity
December 13th, 2008, 04:15 AM
Perhaps not 'obsessed' as such, but I tend to become besotted with men's hair. Especially men lucky enough to have dark, curly hair. I think it's because I'm very fair and find it fascinating to see the exact opposite in other people!

Shadow
December 15th, 2008, 06:29 AM
Yes! Normally it's actresses hair though :o

I have an bit of an obsession with Evangaline Lilly's hair (from Lost).

Although I have found that since I decided to grow my hair (which of course meant it started stress-shedding the very next day so I've lost almost half of it - oh the anguish!!) that I've started to take complusive, envious glances at any random stranger that has lovely long, healthy hair, especially on the bus or the train which are great for propl watchin. Although I've just realized that this probably makes my look like a total weirdo to all the other commuters :D