PDA

View Full Version : Can I call this waist?

Brianna
December 3rd, 2008, 05:25 PM
Okay, I know there's a good bunch of these kinds of threads popping up all the time, but I just had to ask. :p My hair seems to change length every few seconds or so, so I'm cheating and showing those pictures that look closest to waist. ;) Though the ends keep being mean and flipping up...

Reasonably ordinary hair:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Saerin/Hair/Waist5005.jpg

And a bit stretched out:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Saerin/Hair/Waist5009.jpg

So, yes? No? Almost there but not quite? :silly:

Thanks!

(And is it just me or does my hair look blurry?)

jojo
December 3rd, 2008, 05:27 PM
I think you are 'can i call this waist length' with just a smidgen to go, but stretched you are a perfect waist! Congratulations!

Arctic
December 3rd, 2008, 05:39 PM
My hair also looks different in every picture :)

Yours is, I think ALMOST waist unstretched, maybe month or so more?

spidermom
December 3rd, 2008, 05:43 PM
I think you might be at the very upper limit of waist. What I would do is cinch a belt around my waist. I didn't call my hair waist length until it touched the belt -- dry. For awhile it was touch and go. It would touch it while wet and several days after washing and straightening out from combing and bunning, but freshly washed with wavy/curlies, it didn't touch. It looks like you have exactly the same issues. Your hair looks lovely though, whatever length you call it.

SweetPea88
December 3rd, 2008, 05:51 PM
I'd say your extremely close to waist! I can remember this exact same spot because my hair is wavy as well and it always looked different in every picture! I'm sure you'll be there in no time and you hair is gorgeous! :D

GlennaGirl
December 3rd, 2008, 06:01 PM
Pulled down, I would say waist. Even curly, it's nearly there. Your hair is GORGEOUS. Wow! Way to grow!

1953Diygal
December 3rd, 2008, 06:37 PM
I would say that you can call it waist. You have lovely waves. ;)

I admit it. I'm envious of all those individuals who can have WL hair in the twenty-something inch range. I'm at 31 inches and I'm still a couple of inches away from WL. I must be really long-waisted or something.

Teazel
December 3rd, 2008, 06:45 PM
Almost there, but not quite. Another month should do it! :D

Your hair is lovely - gorgeous colour! :flower:

AnneAdeline
December 3rd, 2008, 07:00 PM
Yep, you're so close! Congrats!

Curlsgirl
December 3rd, 2008, 07:19 PM
I would say that you can call it waist. You have lovely waves. ;)

I admit it. I'm envious of all those individuals who can have WL hair in the twenty-something inch range. I'm at 31 inches and I'm still a couple of inches away from WL. I must be really long-waisted or something.

Me too!!! I'm the same at 30 inches, I have at least 2 inches to go. :rolleyes:

Back to the program already in progress though, heck yeah I'd call yours WAIST!!! Congrats!!!:cheese:

yogachic
December 3rd, 2008, 07:59 PM
Stretched your waist, but unstreteched, your very close. Way to go. I'm still waiting to reach this very place. :)

RavennaNight
December 3rd, 2008, 08:57 PM
Almost! Sooo close! Give it another month and Yyyyyyeeessss! My hair seems to change length all the time. I still haven't quite figured out where waist is. If it's an empire waist, I'm there, for sure. But if it's the belt of my jeans...I got a long way to go. I don't think I ever wear my belt *at* waist. Is waist at your belly button? Because thats halfwaay between the hips and the ribcage... :confused: But congrats! You are pretty darn close enough for me. Waist!

sahiba
December 4th, 2008, 06:55 AM
Call it 'reaching waist' :) Like others said almost there. Hair is lovely and thick BTW.

brok3nwings
December 4th, 2008, 06:58 AM
i dont know, BUT your hair is trully beautiful!!

Johanna64
December 4th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Wow,your hair is sooo beautiful !!

Ryanne
December 4th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Almost waist. You have beautiful hair!

speakyword
December 4th, 2008, 11:49 AM
you're in the general zone for sure... but you are crazy to think you have ordinary hair... it is extraordinary for sure. Totally amazing colour and curls *envy*

Arctic
December 4th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Almost! Sooo close! Give it another month and Yyyyyyeeessss! My hair seems to change length all the time. I still haven't quite figured out where waist is. If it's an empire waist, I'm there, for sure. But if it's the belt of my jeans...I got a long way to go. I don't think I ever wear my belt *at* waist. Is waist at your belly button? Because thats halfwaay between the hips and the ribcage... :confused: But congrats! You are pretty darn close enough for me. Waist!

Waist is the thinnest part of your torso, if you take a soft belt and tighten it gently, it will find it's way to your natural waist. For some people bellybutton might be at waist, but that's not an indicator. And generally where the waist of the pants/ jeans is, that's hip, not waist. Empire waist is higher up than natural waist, it can be right under brests or little lower. HTH :flower:

crystal_89
December 5th, 2008, 04:59 AM
In my opinion, your hair looks like it's waist length stretched with a little bit further to go to be at waist unstretched.

2luvmycurls
December 5th, 2008, 05:59 AM
I agree with a lot -- waist stretched and sooo close when wavy. So pretty!!! :) Can't wait til I hit waist...getting closer. I think I'll hit waist in another 2 inches or so when straightened, but that's cause I have a pretty short waist and hardly any neck, lol. Yours is so lovely! :D

eadwine
December 5th, 2008, 10:33 AM
I think you are 'can i call this waist length' with just a smidgen to go, but stretched you are a perfect waist! Congratulations!

Yep, I will second this :)

lapushka
December 5th, 2008, 10:39 AM
I think you can safely call it waist, I measure my hair stretched too. ;) It's not our fault that it curls up, right. :D

Fencai
December 5th, 2008, 10:47 AM
whatever the consensus is, its gorgeous!!!!

Brianna
December 5th, 2008, 03:44 PM
You're all too kind, thank you! :cloud9:

So I'm almost there, but not quite? I suppose I can be patient and wait a month or two for my hair to fully reach waist. :D

Thanks again! :flower:

bunnii
December 5th, 2008, 03:52 PM
I think it looks waist unstretched, and it's totally stunning I love the waves :D

Alana2000
December 5th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Coming from someone with Shoulder length hair... Yes.. Yes.. oh and YES!