PDA

View Full Version : Finally mistress of the seven braids

Phalaenopsis
December 3rd, 2008, 04:22 AM
I made a list of seven braids, before I could consider myself as an "expert".
-french braid
-dutch braid
-box braid
-rope braid
-fairy tale braid
-crown braid
-fishbone braid

Okay, you also have the 5-strand braid and 3 strand rope braid (I'm also able to do those :D), but I chose those 7 because of the technique.

Anyway, I was never able to do a fishbone braid, and now I finally did it!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/naturalgirl/12_02_0.jpg

When I have 1000 posts, I would love to name myself mistress of the seven braids, but maybe that is too presumptuous?:o
I'm just happy that I finally can do a fishbone braid, because I didn't feel "complete". :o

Arctic
December 3rd, 2008, 04:40 AM
Congratulations!
I still have to learn your fairy tale braid!

sahiba
December 3rd, 2008, 06:12 AM
Lucky you. All I can do is an english and a rope braid. I do know how to do fishtail braid but still not on myself.

Fencai
December 3rd, 2008, 06:32 AM
that's great!!! Congrats! Im jealous! :)

Radulfr
December 3rd, 2008, 06:42 AM
Congratulations! on your braiding expertise!

I can only do two styles, English and Dutch. I love the different styles, though. :)

taliarose
December 3rd, 2008, 06:51 AM
On myself I can do the english and rope consistantly and a very occasional dutch. I think I'm jealous!

:flowers:

Congradulations!

Laila23
December 3rd, 2008, 07:02 AM
IMPRESSIVE

still learning here and your skills are very motivating

congrats :)

morguebabe
December 3rd, 2008, 08:12 AM
Awesome, I can only do one simple regular braid. I can rope braid someone else but not me.
And thats it. I'm aweful with my hair. I love your sig pic

Peggy E.
December 3rd, 2008, 08:23 AM
Oh, so you can claim a name in the "Order" when you have 1000 posts, eh? I was wondering how that came about and just figured some people were more into the medieval thing than was I.... I'm a little slow on the down-turn! ;o(

And - What's the "Fairy Tale Braid?" I have "Fairy Tale Ends," so I think I should be able to do this really well!

You won't have any trouble doing a three-strand or five-strand rope braid. The hardest part is logistics - where to hold all those extra rolled-up strands?! Use the clips they have at beauty shops and just poke them up out of your way until you're ready to wind them up!

I did a fishtail braid one time. I don't like the looks of it, for some reason, but at least I wanted to be able to say I could do it, if forced at gunpoint, or something....

Congratulations on your achievement! I just love the look of braids and wear them a lot.

Ryanne
December 3rd, 2008, 10:21 AM
Congratulations! Great pic!

susiemw
December 3rd, 2008, 11:03 AM
Congratulations and I like the sound of your soon to be new title.

Could you please tell me what a fairy tale braid is?
or perhaps it should be a fairy-tail :)

susan

Phalaenopsis
December 3rd, 2008, 11:10 AM
Here is the link for the fairy tale braid ;)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=14937&highlight=fairy+tale

I managed to do an inbraid as well :)
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/naturalgirl/12_03_0.jpg

I still have to practise a bit though...

Shufro
December 3rd, 2008, 11:19 AM
I loved the first one! Very nice :)

sneakybea
December 3rd, 2008, 02:17 PM
Awesome! That's a great looking herringbone braid!

Mely
December 3rd, 2008, 02:34 PM
Oh, so you can claim a name in the "Order" when you have 1000 posts, eh? I was wondering how that came about and just figured some people were more into the medieval thing than was I.... I'm a little slow on the down-turn! ;o(

No no--you don't need 1000 post to claim a name in an Order. You just need to ask nightblooming, and she will put you in an order -- she makes the names up herself. But I'm sure she would make up a lovely order name with a seven braid motif.

I think you need 1000 posts to change the word that appears under your Name, in the upper left-hand corner, above your avatar. I've never bothered changing mine.

Vitalai
December 3rd, 2008, 02:40 PM
Very beautiful braid and an impressive list! I can do french, dutch, rope, and fishbone (albeit messy), and have yet to learn the others.

You can ask for a name in this thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=222). :flower:

Isa-belle
December 8th, 2008, 01:52 AM
Wow, congratulations. You definitely deserve this title! :D

Angellen
December 8th, 2008, 01:57 AM
Wow, lovely! I wish I was as coordinated as you are...I'm terrible at everything besides the english and rope braids. :p

Seraphina
December 8th, 2008, 02:14 AM
Wow,good work ! So far,herringbone braids have me throwing my hands up in the hair with frustration.Oh well. *goes off to try again*

Radulfr
December 8th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Here is the link for the fairy tale braid ;)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=14937&highlight=fairy+tale

I managed to do an inbraid as well :)
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/naturalgirl/12_03_0.jpg

I still have to practise a bit though...
lovely style! :) good work!

Sherri
December 8th, 2008, 07:38 AM
I would love to learn the inbraid. i can french braid and do a rope. I have an idea how to do a fishtail but I really need to practise that one. If you have a link for the inbraid i would like to try.:)

MemSahib
December 8th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Beautiful braids. I've done fishtail before but it's such a mess to take out that I only bothered a couple of times. Plus, I think it looks better on coarser hair than mine.

Michou
December 8th, 2008, 10:29 AM
The fishbone braid is gorgeous! Is that the crown braid in your signature photograph? It's so lovely and delicate! :)

Lissa
December 8th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Good job, and congratulations!:flower:
You're really good at styling your hair - it looks great!

Thanks for sharing the fairytale braid, by the way, I really like it and am going to try it later today :)

ian
December 10th, 2008, 04:00 AM
I would love to learn the inbraid. If you have a link for the inbraid i would like to try.:)

Me too! I don't think I've seen a braid like that before.....

Cheers,

ian

Phalaenopsis
December 10th, 2008, 05:50 AM
Thank you all for the nice compliments. :flower:

For the inbraid, if you visit this topic and stroll down you can see pictures how you can do it (thanks to Jerry again :D)

http://hairfair.forum2go.nl/visgraat-vlecht-t549.html

It's all in Dutch, but I think the pictures say enough :)

Phalaenopsis
December 10th, 2008, 05:51 AM
The fishbone braid is gorgeous! Is that the crown braid in your signature photograph? It's so lovely and delicate! :)
No that's the fairy tale braid in my siggy.
I have a picture of a crownbraid in my album, but it doesn't look that nice due to the layers :o