PDA

View Full Version : How many splits?

DreamingLong
December 2nd, 2008, 10:30 PM
Have you ever counted how many split ends you have during a S&D?

spidermom
December 2nd, 2008, 10:44 PM
Only when there are very few. I remember last time. I searched for 10 minutes and found 1 damaged/split hair. But if it goes on and on and on, snip-snip-snip, I don't count. I don't want to know.

Kleis
December 2nd, 2008, 10:53 PM
Well, almost the opposite. I will sometimes do S&D in bunches of 100s. I cut 100 and then stop, or then cut another 100.

It's flat impossible to tally them.

DreamingLong
December 2nd, 2008, 10:59 PM
I ask becasue, I just cut off 123 of them!!! I stopped enough for today. But I haven't done it for a few months. Is my hair really bad? Should I get a trim? Does it look unhealthy?

Kleis
December 2nd, 2008, 11:06 PM
Some people have hair that is more fragile, so I would say to get a trim only if you think you need one. I know if I trimmed my hair, it'd be just as splitty as ever.

I think your hair looks lovely.

Ryanne
December 2nd, 2008, 11:47 PM
I only count when I find just a few of them.

vampodrama
December 2nd, 2008, 11:58 PM
I never count. even the idea is too scary cos I have a lot of splits :(

eyesofsummer
December 3rd, 2008, 12:35 AM
I never thought of it, besides there are way too many!

It reminds me to be more gentle with my hair. Besides, I kind of enjoy snipping them off. Makes me feel like I'm moving towards my hair goals :)

Laila23
December 3rd, 2008, 07:06 AM
between 0 and 10

i found a ton recently but i had a trim 3 months ago so im sure that helps

im not sure what is normal to be honest if you have thick hair, then maybe youll have more

jojo
December 3rd, 2008, 07:23 AM
If you had asked me this 2 weeks ago I would have said hardly any, but since I am not cutting in 2009 and just s&ding I have been making more of an effort in taking the splits off my hair. spent an hour just now, only a 1/4 of the way through my hair and have easily found over 50 splits yikes! I have never really done it obsessionally as I find it tedious and boring sitting there like a monkey checking my hair, but I am going to make a date with myself each month to s&d from now on.

Magicknthenight
December 3rd, 2008, 07:47 AM
I never count. even the idea is too scary cos I have a lot of splits :(
Same here. I go through my hair every once in a while and S&D but when it gets to the point where their are a lot of split ends (and s&d doesn't seem to help) i just say its probably time for a small trim. I trim every couple months but sometimes longer depending.

trolleypup
December 3rd, 2008, 09:44 AM
I ask becasue, I just cut off 123 of them!!! I stopped enough for today. But I haven't done it for a few months. Is my hair really bad? Should I get a trim? Does it look unhealthy?
Different hair shows damage differently, so it is hard to say if that is a lot or not.

Less, seriously...

Let's just say that I don't care to count as high as I have splits.

heidi w.
December 3rd, 2008, 10:49 AM
For me this falls under the umbrella topic of:

Things that make one go insane.

Aggh!

<crackin' up!>

heidi w.

Carolyn
December 3rd, 2008, 07:56 PM
I don't think I could count that high :rolleyes: I could S & D almost every day and get a bunch. A trim only helps me keep an even hemline. It does almost nothing as far as cutting off split ends as most of my splits are a ways up the length. I'd have to cut off several inches for it to make a difference.

Meli
December 4th, 2008, 05:05 AM
I have never counted my splits - I would lose count before I reached such high numbers... :silly:

Samikha
December 4th, 2008, 05:13 AM
Very few, but then I go all cross-eyed looking for them. I think I found three the first time I did a thorough one (in truth, the only time...it took hours and hours). My hair seems to be pretty durable, though, at least what makes it to the lengths. And it had been about three months, four months, since I had a major trim. I imagine all of these have a say. And I don't check for splits up the length, my eyes get tired enough without that.

123 splits really isn't all that much! There are a lot of individual hairs on your head.

Hypnotica
December 4th, 2008, 05:32 AM
I don't think I ever have counted more then 10 in one session.

Zindell
December 4th, 2008, 06:52 AM
Less than 10 for sure. I hardly find any at all these days.

(I used to have loads a couple years back. But back then I also used to bleach highlights in my hair)