PDA

View Full Version : Goody Jojoba Oil Infused Styling Brush

spidermom
December 2nd, 2008, 07:56 PM
The long name: Goody StylingTherapy Jojoba Oil Infused brush. Is this ever a nice product! The bristles feel silky smooth, soft, and flexible. I detangled damp hair with it moments ago, and it didn't snag at all, not once. It says right on the package: Do not use with blow dryer. Bristles can melt.

MandaMom2Three
December 2nd, 2008, 08:08 PM
I saw that in a store the other day. I had to wonder how you infuse a brush with oil LOL.

RavennaNight
December 3rd, 2008, 08:55 AM
Hmmm... * will keep an eye out for this

missy60
December 3rd, 2008, 09:12 AM
I saw that in a store the other day. I had to wonder how you infuse a brush with oil LOL.

I seen this in the store also and wondered how it worked. Google is my friend...this is what I found out http://stylingtherapy.com/main.taf?p=3,4,2

morguebabe
December 3rd, 2008, 09:19 AM
Interesting...is it refilliable?

MandaMom2Three
December 3rd, 2008, 09:47 AM
Thanks for that link Missy! That's pretty neat!

spidermom
December 3rd, 2008, 09:52 AM
It's the first time I've used jojoba oil, and the ends of my hair feel a little stiff this morning. I didn't get that with coconut oil. That's o.k., though; it was super-easy to detangle.

missy60
December 3rd, 2008, 10:31 AM
I was thinking about getting this for my DBF because he refuses to do anything special for his hair. He has amost waist length hair that could use a good oiling. spidermom how much oil do you think it applies to your hair? Did your hair feel oily I guess is what Im asking. He wont use it if it appears to oily.

Carina
December 3rd, 2008, 11:21 AM
I have a huge passion for brushes:o!!!I wish that I could buy one.I'm so curious on that brush.:cool:

spidermom
December 3rd, 2008, 11:30 AM
I was thinking about getting this for my DBF because he refuses to do anything special for his hair. He has amost waist length hair that could use a good oiling. spidermom how much oil do you think it applies to your hair? Did your hair feel oily I guess is what Im asking. He wont use it if it appears to oily.

After using it last night, my hair doesn't look the least bit oily this morning. I combed it with my hardwood comb today and haven't used the brush again. I wonder if my hair will get increasingly oily as I use the brush more often; I'd prefer to avoid that.

Wendi R
December 3rd, 2008, 11:53 AM
My husband has mid shoulder length gray hair that is really porous and dry. He uses this brush right out of the shower and likes it. Amazing since I can not get him to do anything other than wash his hair. If he uses a conditioner it is a special occasion. I use it also but only on dry hair. It really smooths down the fly aways and adds a bit of shine.

Wendi

Jorchet
December 3rd, 2008, 12:03 PM
I soooooooooo wanted to get one! I saw some Goody brushes in Bodycare in Metrocentre shopping centre but I wanted to double check on the boards to see if anyone had used them before. Of course, didn't get the chance to go back for it, so I missed my chance. Maybe in the future. I'm looking forward to having some reviews about it so I can make up my mind next time I'm in the UK!

morguebabe
December 3rd, 2008, 01:20 PM
Where do you get it

spidermom
December 3rd, 2008, 01:30 PM
I got mine at a local department store called Fred Meyer. It was with the hair stuff - like claw clips, ponytail ties, other combs and brushes, etc.

plainjanegirl
December 3rd, 2008, 01:31 PM
Where do you get it

I have seen them at our local Walmart.
I'm sure places like target or kmart might carry them too. Or drugstores like walgreens or cvs. Hope that helps.

morguebabe
January 19th, 2009, 08:10 AM
I picked it up in CVS yesterday. My hair looks slightly shinier after one use. I think the bristles are too soft to detangle though. They would be really good for smoothing, but not for getting out knots.

Sherri
January 19th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Are they very expensive? i would love this as my hair likes jojoba oil. I will have to check out our Wal-greens as I don't think i have seen it at wal-mart but i didn't check the brush section very good.

paper
January 19th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Oh, I want to try this! I'm going to look for it when I go shopping this week.

spidermom
January 19th, 2009, 09:48 AM
I still like mine. I am in the habit of detangling with a comb so never considered this brush as a detangling tool. The bristles are too soft, I think. It wasn't too expensive -- about $7 US.

Sherri
January 19th, 2009, 09:57 AM
I still like mine. I am in the habit of detangling with a comb so never considered this brush as a detangling tool. The bristles are too soft, I think. It wasn't too expensive -- about $7 US.
No that's not bad for a brush and plus it would save on getting the oil bottle out rubbing it on hands then combing thru. Ok that made me sound really lazy. oh, well.

neon-dream
January 19th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Haha wow I have this brush and didnt even notice!!

DMARTINEZ
January 19th, 2009, 02:46 PM
I bought this brush also. Its ok, but not great. I think I would get better
results having just used Jojoba lightly,then brushed with my Denham.I
think its kind of a scam. JMHO ;)

Deb

spidermom
January 19th, 2009, 02:52 PM
It's pretty hard to find a brush that doesn't have little balls on the ends of the bristles, so I was happy to find this one. I don't know how much jojoba oil it distributes, but that doesn't matter to me as much as as the fact that it has soft bristles and a flexible base. Therefore, I don't see it as a scam.

EmpressRi
January 19th, 2009, 11:02 PM
This brush is the bane of my existence!! I can detangle with it before a wash and it slides through my hair like butter. This is my vid detangling with it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzSZUpSpNuw&feature=channel_page

I'm due to replace my brush!!!

paper
January 20th, 2009, 06:40 AM
Great video! :D I'm looking forward to trying this brush.

GlassEyes
January 20th, 2009, 06:52 AM
Heeeey! My sister has that brush! XD

paper
January 21st, 2009, 11:14 AM
I bought this brush today and just tryed it. It's very nice, I like it!

I bought it at Walmart. It's with the brushes, next to the headbands, barrettes and stuff.

spidermom
January 21st, 2009, 11:35 AM
This brush is the bane of my existence!! I can detangle with it before a wash and it slides through my hair like butter. This is my vid detangling with it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzSZUpSpNuw&feature=channel_page

I'm due to replace my brush!!!

I love your video as much as I love this brush!

rhodochrosite
January 21st, 2009, 04:52 PM
I bought this brush sometime in December, I believe. It was around $12 in my local supermarket. I bought it because it doesn't have the balls at the end of the bristles and the bristles were very soft and pliable.

I don't notice the jojoba in my hair at all (don't see it, no noticeable difference), but the brush slides nicely through my hair. I don't use a brush to take out knots, so I'm not sure how well it would do that. When I find a knot, I tend to use my fingers to ply it apart.

I like this brush. I'd get another if I lost it, I suppose. A little pricey, though.

Delilah
January 21st, 2009, 07:09 PM
My BBB is infused with oil- my own! hehe
It might sound gross but it doesn't smell or anything and I do rinse it with water occasionally.
It seems to smooth my hair and make it shine better now that it has 'aged'.

Sissy
January 21st, 2009, 09:55 PM
I bought this brush based on the recommendation of someone here on LHC a while back. I don't use it all the time, but I probably should instead of some of the other brushes I rake through my hair.

It's a nice brush and it does not make my hair oily. The bristles are like rubber... very soft and flexible. I got mine at Wal*Mart for under $10

Cinnamon Hair
January 21st, 2009, 10:35 PM
EmpressRi, thanks for sharing the detangling video. It was great to see how the brush works on all that hair of yours.

Sherri
January 22nd, 2009, 01:53 PM
Just checked at my wal-mart and they are 10.95 there. I was wondering if anyone had link to find a coupon for it?

Velouria
March 6th, 2009, 10:50 PM
I just bought this a couple of days ago. I like it so far, but I was wondering how the people that have been using it for awhile feel about it now.

I suppose I'm a bit leery of the possibility of brush-damage. I have been finger and wide-tooth combing for years, but my hair is thinner than it used to be, so I'm trying brushing for the scalp stimulation. Being curly, I've only used it pre-wash and post-detangling.

steph in tx
March 7th, 2009, 09:22 AM
OMGosh! That video was so much fun. You are very entertaining. :)

I saw this brush at Walmart the other day and I thought, "How in the world do they infuse jojoba oil in a brush??" Now I know. I may buy it to see how it works on my 10 year old's super-dry "horse" hair.

spidermom
March 7th, 2009, 11:19 AM
I still like mine. I mostly use it pre-wash to collect as much shed hair as possible and save the bathtub drain.

IndigoInk
March 7th, 2009, 05:40 PM
I have been eyeing these for awhile now. i really want to try one as I have always used brushes, but never found one that I really liked. I have semi-coarse thick hair and can't use any of the BBBs that I have tried.

Velouria
March 7th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Thanks, Spidermom.

paper
March 8th, 2009, 08:48 AM
I still like mine. It does make static in my hair, but that might just be a winter thing? I brush my hair with every night before bed.

morguebabe
April 17th, 2009, 03:55 PM
DB and I still like our.

dorothea-brooke
July 20th, 2009, 01:09 PM
I just hunted up this thread again cause Darkhorse recommended the brush on her blog.

EmpressRI, thanks for that video! I love your adorable New Yawk accent -- makes me miss my hometown. (I'm from Philly, so we tawk kinda the same. ;))