PDA

View Full Version : self trim

jojo
March 24th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Sorry these are not good quality there from my mobile phone. These where taken the day i did my self cut at the end of February, i didnt even know you could put mobile photos on the computer!

Anyways, i am really pleased with the result, I cut to the longest layer and now the V has gone from the back and I have just one layer to grow out which is just at shoulder. It feels so much better even if it did cost me about an inch and a half, i want nice looking hair even if it does mean it will take longer to grow!

I had blow dried it too on cold to make it straight on the photo.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/joanna_eglin/croppedlength.jpg
the before is my signature!

it does look uneven on the picture this is because i have a deformity in my shoulder which makes my right shoulder sit higher, but it is even!!

spidermom
March 24th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Oh yeh; looking good!

Patrycja
March 24th, 2008, 10:10 AM
hey-your hair does great on cold setting for straightening.I've tried that and I get nowhere.Did you use a leave in?I had oil and aloe in my hair when I gave it a try..

sorry for the hijack :flowers:

Xandergrammy
March 24th, 2008, 10:11 AM
It looks great, jojo!

jojo
March 24th, 2008, 10:19 AM
thanks guys, it was a lot easier than i thought though i did cut off more than i really wanted but i am pleased with it.

ilovemycop this is what i do to make it straight, when its damp put some aloe vera gel and comb it through, keep combing it to keep it straight. when its 80% dry cold blow dry do not use a comb but literally pull your hair straight and point the nozzle downwards, it dont get it proper,proper straight but it works.

squiggyflop
March 24th, 2008, 10:43 AM
it looks ver even... my right shoulder always sits higher on me too... but my problem is in my back...
thats a good idea about making it straight for the trim... i trim wet so that it is straighter.... my waves make it too difficult to get it right when dry

Patrycja
March 24th, 2008, 11:13 AM
thanks jojo for the explanation.

jojo
March 24th, 2008, 11:15 AM
no worries and thanks everybody for the compliments! xx

pariate
April 18th, 2008, 02:03 AM
Good job Jojo!

I self-trimmed today :D I fully intended to visit the hairdresser at the end of April, but I looked at my hair this morning and decided I could do it myself. I've dusted but never trimmed before. I took off about half an inch. It really needed it. You can still feel that the ends (another quarter inch) aren't perfect, but it looks better and I can keep pampering that last quarter inch with oil etc. I was losing the battle with almost an inch of nasty ends. No matter how much I pamper them they look awful, so they had to come off :agree:

Yay! I'm a self-trimmer! :cheese: :lol:

wishfulthinking
April 18th, 2008, 04:55 AM
Very nice JoJo. Your have beautiful hair.

Lixie
April 18th, 2008, 04:58 AM
Looking good, jojo. :)

Robinlyn
April 18th, 2008, 05:28 AM
Very nice Jojo! You did an amazing job!

Jason
April 18th, 2008, 07:33 AM
It looks so nice and blunt and even. I think it's worth losing a bit of length to get that look.

In a few months I'm going to attempt a self-trim myself. It's good to know it's working for others.

missy60
April 18th, 2008, 08:12 AM
I did a self trim but actually it was just to even up straggly hairs, but Im not brave enough to really do a cut. Im just getting some length and I dont want to have to cut off what I've gained to even it up. Your trim looks great!

jojo
April 18th, 2008, 08:19 AM
this is a nice surprise, thanks for the compliments *blush* I have noticed as well since cutting my hair is growing like mad, so i must have had more damage than I thought. xx

Shypii90
April 19th, 2008, 07:34 PM
That's a great self-trim!
Seriously!
It looks very professional. Well done you :)

Poppy Seed
April 22nd, 2008, 02:51 AM
Congratulations! Looks fabulous. I wish I dared to self-trim...and my ends do need a little off them. I'm just worried about losing more than I want. I get SO to trim mine - but he tends to be paranoid and not take off too much. He does a great job though.

(Slight hijack: does anyone else feel as though the longer their hair gets the more possessive they are of all the length??)

tiny_teesha
May 8th, 2008, 05:29 AM
beautiful job jojo!!! WELL DONE!

camillacamilla
May 8th, 2008, 07:11 AM
Nice even self-trim! Isn't it nice to know you aren't dependant on scissor happy hairdressers?

KajiKodomo
May 8th, 2008, 07:33 AM
Looking good! You did an excellent job!

jojo
May 8th, 2008, 07:44 AM
thank you, it really is so easy, the secret is to keep your head held as high as possible for the blunt, its still a tad curved and its saved me a fortune, thanks again x

DavidN
May 8th, 2008, 02:43 PM
I think you did a wonderful job on your self trim, Jojo! Your ends look so thick and even. One day, I need to get the courage to try a trim myself, possibly the Feye's self trim method.

GlennaGirl
May 8th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Wow, beautiful job. Isn't it great to be able to do it yourself and have control over how much you take off and what shape you want it?

jojo
May 8th, 2008, 02:56 PM
aw thank you, im thinking of doing a video of the cutting method when i cut next time, but you will have to wait until Feb 09!

thanks again xx

brok3nwings
May 8th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Very nice! Your hair looks even... layers is a terrible thing to deal with ehe when i do my own trim i will call experts and you seam to know what your doing