PDA

View Full Version : Question to daily oilers?

morguebabe
December 2nd, 2008, 12:05 PM
Are the ones who oil daily also daily washers? I washed my hair yesterday and put a touch of jojoba on the ends, and I was just wondering if you would typically put oil on the length on non wash days?

magpielaura
December 2nd, 2008, 12:13 PM
I put a tiny bit on the ends most days, and only wash twice a week. If I apply a tiny amout of oil it seems to vanish overnight, and nearer wash day if the ends are getting oiler the roots don't look so bad in comparison!

catfish
December 2nd, 2008, 12:19 PM
Nope. I oil the ends and length every day but only shampoo once a week. My hair does get wet every time I bathe though. I use just a few drops of oil, so it does not get too oily, plus I'm pretty dry by nature.;)

mira-chan
December 2nd, 2008, 12:22 PM
I oil almost daily and wash once a week or so. Oiliness disappears overnight.

MandaMom2Three
December 2nd, 2008, 12:26 PM
Hard to say as I usually CO every day, every other day tops. But I do brush 2 drops of oil into my damp hair after each time. My hair is very thin and fine and one drop of oil can make the difference between nice hair and greasy mess, so I don't think I would space my washing very far apart if I wanted to oil everyday.

Anne~
December 2nd, 2008, 01:02 PM
I wash once a week. I oil every day ever so lightly all over or where ever I think it needs it. I oil heavy the day I am going to wash. I use Jojoba oil my hair loves it!

Johanna64
December 2nd, 2008, 01:03 PM
I oil everyday,my hair loves coconut oil.
My curls are a bit dry and the oil disappears fast.
I wash my hair three times a week :)

Peter
December 2nd, 2008, 01:07 PM
I oil my hair every couple of days and wash it 2 times/week. I use a few drops on each side of my hair, concentrating on the ends.

xrosiex
December 2nd, 2008, 01:51 PM
I CWC everyother day. And I oil my ends at least once everyday. Sometimes twice morning and night.

lora410
December 2nd, 2008, 01:56 PM
I wash daily,oil from my ears down, and then smooth my scalp hair. But when I didn't wash daily I still oiled from ears down.

CaityBear
December 2nd, 2008, 02:39 PM
I usually apply a little coconut oil to my length after showers. If I find my hair a bit dry or something in between washes, I apply a little oil as well.

Elphie
December 2nd, 2008, 02:48 PM
I wash 3 times a week and I oil it after showers as well and the evening before a wash.

morguebabe
December 2nd, 2008, 03:20 PM
So do you think I'd be able to switch oils? Like coconut one day, jojoba one day, monoi one day, I mean not that extream but like I don't want to use ONE oil.

MandaMom2Three
December 2nd, 2008, 03:22 PM
I use different oils a lot

GibsonGirlV
December 2nd, 2008, 04:52 PM
There's certainly nothing wrong with trying different oils. with experimentation you'll find the ones that work best for your hair.

I wash my hair twice a week on average and put a tiny bit of oil on the ends after I shower when the hair is semi-dry as well as whenever it seems a little dry at the ends. My favourite at the moment is coconut oil because it soaks right in and leaves my hair silky smooth.

SweetPea88
December 2nd, 2008, 05:02 PM
I think that sounds perfectly fine. As long as you don't over do it and make your hair overly oily, you shouldn't have to wash frequently.

When I'm being good I like to use coconut oil on my ends daily, but just a tad!

mimi1153
December 2nd, 2008, 05:03 PM
I either oil or use a moisture (rehydration) therapy every night, usually alternating. I only wash once a week unless I do something to make it yucky in-between. The oil doesn't build up on mine either, it's gone by morning.

DragonLady
December 2nd, 2008, 05:10 PM
I shampoo once a week, and apply oil everyday. I also have a little spray bottle that I fill with a small amount of conditioner diluted with tap water. I usually spray it right on the ends a couple of times a day. It's helped a LOT with keeping my ends from feeling crunchy and nasty.

Jessikinz
December 2nd, 2008, 06:05 PM
I oil every day, or well I try to. My wash days are only once or twice a week, depending on the condition of my hair. Before I put my hair up or braid it for the day, I put a tiny bit of coconut oil on my ends. Sometimes the length too if it needs it. Just try whatever works for you, and what your hair likes.

Tangles
December 2nd, 2008, 09:49 PM
I use oil on damp hair only. Sometimes I use shea butter on dry hair however.

I wash my hair frequently, every 2 or 3 days.

sahiba
December 2nd, 2008, 10:51 PM
I use few drops on the whole length everyday .Main purpose is to avoid tangles and hair breakage.

I oil almost daily and wash once a week or so. Oiliness disappears overnight.

How much oil do you use?

I use different oils a lot

Me too. I currently have 5types of oil.

jojo
December 3rd, 2008, 07:55 AM
I lightly oil the last inch of my hair daily and wash my hair twice a week, after washing i apply oil from the ears down. My hair does not look greasy from doing this, but then i do have my hair in a bun everyday so the ends are out of sight. I have been doing this routine for about a months now and have noticed a huge difference in my hairs condition.

mira-chan
December 3rd, 2008, 08:05 AM
I use few drops on the whole length everyday .Main purpose is to avoid tangles and hair breakage.

How much oil do you use?

I use 2 drops of Camellia oil on the length and about the same or a little bit more on the scalp of my sesame/ EO mix. In the summer I use more of the the coconut oil on the length. I sleep with my hair braided and the oiliness is gone by morning I just have soft hair. On the scalp the oiliness starts to stay after about 4 days of this, on the length it doesn't stay after a night unless I literally dip my ends in the coconut oil.

Periwinkle
December 3rd, 2008, 08:56 AM
I oil when my hair is wet and sometimes during the week without washing. It just makes my hair more manageable.

Erin1152
December 3rd, 2008, 11:22 AM
I know i've read on here that Oil doesn't actually moisturize the hair, it just creates the look of moisture. What it does is seal in moisture, right? God, i'm clueless sometimes.
I usually wash every 2 - 3 days and apply oil after I condition when my hair is still damp.. i'm wondering though, I'm going to be washing again tomorrow, is there anything I need to do to my hair tonight (like somehow condition again?) if I want to oil again overnight? :o

mira-chan
December 3rd, 2008, 12:32 PM
I know i've read on here that Oil doesn't actually moisturize the hair, it just creates the look of moisture. What it does is seal in moisture, right? God, i'm clueless sometimes.
I usually wash every 2 - 3 days and apply oil after I condition when my hair is still damp.. i'm wondering though, I'm going to be washing again tomorrow, is there anything I need to do to my hair tonight (like somehow condition again?) if I want to oil again overnight? :o

Yes it does seal in moisture if you oil wet/ damp hair.

Disclaimer of sorts: My hair doesn't like water type moisture so it oiling to seal in moisture doesn't work for me.

When I oil overnight, I apply oil in dry hair, no pre moisture or anything. You can try that, if that doesn't work, try misting your hair before oiling.

GlassEyes
December 3rd, 2008, 12:40 PM
Yep, I oil everyday and CO everyday as well.

LutraLutra
December 3rd, 2008, 12:44 PM
I wash every other evening and use shea in the ends of my damp hair every time I wash. By morning my hair has soaked up the shea leaving my ends much softer and more flexible. I don't have a problem with build-up of shea.

longhairedfairy
December 4th, 2008, 01:28 AM
I wash and oil most days.