PDA

View Full Version : Who described this hairstyle? topsy + braid

jeno
December 2nd, 2008, 09:43 AM
I read about this hairstyle some day ago, and now I want to thank the person who came up with it. It's really comfortable and I think it makes my braid look thick. In the picture you can see what it looked like nine hours after I made it! Perfect!
http://i33.tinypic.com/rw2ujp.jpg

DragonLady
December 2nd, 2008, 10:14 AM
Oh, that's sooo cute. :) Are there instructions somewhere?

Tangles
December 2nd, 2008, 10:22 AM
I love it! Different but simple, and definitely gets the hair out of the way. I want directions too!

jeno
December 2nd, 2008, 10:34 AM
Found it! (Thankyou Kirin!)
Pull your hair into a topsy tail high, using only hair from ear level and up. Do the topsy. The rest of the hair that hangs down, braid and flip up, tucking back down into the top of the topsy and secure with a pretty barrette or clip. Because of the topsy and the braid coming up, it looks complicated, AND it makes your hair look like its longer than it really is.

waves
December 2nd, 2008, 11:32 AM
That is so pretty! One more addition to my list of do-able styles!!

Kirin
December 2nd, 2008, 11:42 AM
Hehe yup me! I love that hairstyle and wear it almost daily! Its just a topsy high using half your hair, then braid the length down, pull it up and clip!

Laila23
December 2nd, 2008, 12:30 PM
Amazing!

I'm going to try it. Thanks again!

Kirin
December 2nd, 2008, 12:43 PM
Just to add, its a great style, really comfy, and its especially good for those with fine/thin hair. The upper topsy tail pushes up the front hair, giving you the look of MORE hair.

I've also done another variation of this, with a topsy REALLY high on the head, and done several more topsy's in a row, then braid and let the end hang loose, its like a mock french braid. Because of the "flip" part of a topsy, it lifts up the hair and gives volume to the top of the head.

CaraLynn
December 2nd, 2008, 01:31 PM
Oh I tried this the other day with a slide at the top and it was AWESOME!

amaiaisabella
December 2nd, 2008, 01:47 PM
Very pretty! I'm going to see if it'll work on my shoulder-length hair. :)

Lady Lilya
December 3rd, 2008, 07:20 PM
Really beautiful!

AnimaSola3o4
December 3rd, 2008, 07:37 PM
I've also done another variation of this, with a topsy REALLY high on the head, and done several more topsy's in a row, then braid and let the end hang loose, its like a mock french braid. Because of the "flip" part of a topsy, it lifts up the hair and gives volume to the top of the head.

Hehe great minds think alike! I do the same thing, only I don't actually have a topsy tail thingy, I just tuck the pony's through. Then I do a fake type gibson tuck with the last pony, and it looks really elegant and pretty. :)

JKRBeloved
December 3rd, 2008, 08:27 PM
Thanks for posting this, I REALLY like it. Always looking for something that doesn't pull and feel heavy.

Lady Lilya
December 4th, 2008, 08:22 AM
I don't have a topsy tail either, but i can get the same effect with my curly hair by rolling the hair along the sides and then pinning both ends together in the back.

jeno
December 4th, 2008, 09:49 AM
I don't have a topsy tail thingy either! I just pull the pony through. That's the painful part, then it will stay painless and secure all day. I just pin the braid with two bobby pins.This is my new favorite style, it protects the ends very well too!

sahiba
December 4th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Its lovely.

Tristessa
December 4th, 2008, 11:38 AM
This is so nice. I have never seen it before. I wonder if I could try it tomorrow..

Kirin
December 4th, 2008, 01:30 PM
this should be named.... lol I'd make a tutorial if i could ever get my digital camera to work. I dont have a topsy thing either, I just pull the pony through too LOL>

Lady Lilya
December 6th, 2008, 10:14 AM
If I pulled the pony through, i would have a big wreck on my hands. I would have to re-wet the length of it and finger comb and wait for it to dry. :) So it goes when you have curls.

Peggy E.
December 6th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Don't you just love the topsy styles?! I wear some topsy style at least four times a week - you can style the hair quickly, with something that looks complicated - as messy or sophisticated as you please - and it takes no time at all.

What a great little gadget! Thanks for sharing this beautiful style. Your hair looks amazing in it!

Demetrue
December 6th, 2008, 12:11 PM
What a great idea! I can't wait till my hair is long enough to try it - hopefully by May 2009!