PDA

View Full Version : My first sock bun!!!!

Patrycja
March 24th, 2008, 09:39 AM
I did it!:cheese: My first sock bun thanks to Manderly who described how yesterday when I was having a hard time with updos.I'm so excited!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=47&pictureid=5913

sorry about the pic size but if I did it any smaller it didn't look right.and sorry about the tat-I had to show the ribbon..:cool:

yea for me!:cheese:

eadwine
March 24th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Yay!! Well done!

intothemist1999
March 24th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Awww, that's SO pretty!

Patrycja
March 24th, 2008, 11:09 AM
thank you both so much.I know its far from clean and perfect,but I thought I did a good job.its nice to hear compliments on my accomplishments. :blossom:

florenonite
March 24th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Ooh, very nice! I like the ribbon xD

Gumball
March 24th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Wow, ilovemycop, that looks incredible! For this being your first sock bun there won't be too much room for improvement later on. It just looks too good. The ribbon really adds some nice flair to it, too. It looks beautiful. :)

Carina
March 24th, 2008, 11:13 AM
That is a beautiful sockbun:cheese:.I have not tried it yet.:p

Garnet66
March 24th, 2008, 11:32 AM
That's a beautiful sock bun you have there. I can't wait until I can do one again.

angelthadiva
March 24th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Wow, very pretty! I'm glad you included the pic!

squiggyflop
March 24th, 2008, 11:44 AM
very nice! my first sockbun is in my avatar. i like the ribbon... next time maybe use a bunch of little little ribbons along with the big ribbon... or perhaps a really pretty scrunchy! it looks like a really good sockbun!!... well done!

MoonCreature
March 24th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Am I the only one who can't see a pic?:(

Patrycja
March 24th, 2008, 11:45 AM
I really need to get bobby pins to help clean it up some.Looking at the picture here-I can see alot of my hairs sticking up.I know practice will make it so much better.

Thank you all again!! :flowers: :rockerdud:

Miss Murphy
March 24th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Wooo, looking good! :whistles:

Patrycja
March 24th, 2008, 12:23 PM
I just did it again but using two socks and it came out so much cleaner and nicer.This is going to be my go-to style instead of a messy cinnabun.It looks so much better than that. :)

manderly
March 24th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Looks great!

Mary <><
March 24th, 2008, 12:54 PM
It is absolutely beautiful! Love the scarf around it!

Patrycja
March 24th, 2008, 07:58 PM
very nice! my first sockbun is in my avatar. i like the ribbon... next time maybe use a bunch of little little ribbons along with the big ribbon... or perhaps a really pretty scrunchy! it looks like a really good sockbun!!... well done!

you know-I've always looked at your avatar and wondered what that updo was and how do I do it? thank you so much for the ribbon idea

I made a two-sock bun like Manderly did in the photo she showed me and it looked so much cleaner and nicer.I'm going to have DH take a pic of it so I can post it on my album.I was so proud of it today-I wore it to my dr.s appointment :D

Lixie
March 24th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Looks great! I like the ribbon/scarf you tied around it.

jojo
March 24th, 2008, 08:19 PM
thats a very pretty sock bun, i like the idea of the ribbon looks great

DecafJane
March 24th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Wow, that looks lovely!! :)

Shell
March 24th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Very nice to have that in your repertoire as you grow! Beautiful bun. As your hair gets a bit longer, you can braid it before pinning it around.

Patrycja
March 25th, 2008, 07:54 AM
I did so much better today with it.I'm going to try some other updos later to see if I can expand a little bit more everyday :)

Morag
March 25th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Bummer. For some reason I can't see the picture. :confused:

Feisty Redhead
March 25th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Well done! Sock buns are very easy to get the hang of - you'll be a pro in no time at all! ;) And they're a fantastic style for when you don't have much time to fix your hair. They're also my favorite for when my hair doesn't want to cooperate with me and I can't seem to get anything else to look nice; toss it in a sock bun and it's good to go. lol

eresh
March 25th, 2008, 08:52 AM
It looks really good!
And the ribbon is just the finishing touch :-)

Patrycja
March 25th, 2008, 11:31 AM
I didn't notice it untill I took that picture that the ribbon was frayed at the end.I'm going to look for some really sparkly ribbon this weekend and get some bobby pins to clean it up more.I'll post a new pic when I put it all together!!

And thank you all so much-its great to hear that I did good on my first try :blossom:

pinksquiff
March 25th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Oh no! I cannot see the picture either, however I am sure it is very pretty. I tried a sock bun the other day, although really have not got the hang of it, looking in the mirror made me laugh out loud!

MadPirateBippy
March 25th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Super cute!

jennydaesy
March 30th, 2008, 08:06 PM
I did it!:cheese: My first sock bun thanks to Manderly who described how yesterday when I was having a hard time with updos.I'm so excited!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=47&pictureid=5913

sorry about the pic size but if I did it any smaller it didn't look right.and sorry about the tat-I had to show the ribbon..:cool:

yea for me!:cheese: looks pretty

FroandBeyond
March 30th, 2008, 08:37 PM
That looks very lovely!!!

aprilmay
March 30th, 2008, 08:53 PM
That looks great. I haven't tried one of those yet.

tomm
March 30th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Wow!! Very nice, ilovemycop; you did a wonderful job! Congratulations!

Morag
March 31st, 2008, 07:03 PM
That looks great. I haven't tried one of those yet.

I did my first sock bun a couple of weeks ago. My hair is barely long enough to reach around the sock (probably I should make a smaller one), but it turned out cute - sort of like Tinkerbell after she has matured a bit and been promoted to Fairy Godmother.

I was disappointed that no one at work said anything - I had a whole list of Tink and/or sock jokes at the ready and didn't get to use a one. But there will be other opportunities when I do it again. It was very comfortable and secure, even with my not-very-long hair.

AJoifulNoise
March 31st, 2008, 07:07 PM
How did I miss this? That's a beautiful sock bun! I love the ribbon.