PDA

View Full Version : Niece's Hair *Pictures*

BlndeInDisguise
December 1st, 2008, 07:30 PM
My 4 1/2 year old niece already has somewhere between TB and classic length hair (I think). And it's as thick as mine (3"). I'm not sure whether it'll get thicker yet or not. Don't know that much about childrens hair.

http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2166&pictureid=26107

(Braid Waves)
http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2166&pictureid=26105

http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2166&pictureid=26104

http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2166&pictureid=26103

(Wet)
http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2166&pictureid=26102
Her face looks horrid in this picture! :D
http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2166&pictureid=26101

Akiko
December 1st, 2008, 07:44 PM
Wow. Cute!!!! She has beautiful hair.

BlackfootHair
December 1st, 2008, 07:47 PM
Absolutely gorgeous! Looks like princess hair! :)

Lady Lilya
December 1st, 2008, 08:23 PM
I love it!

That's a lot of hair. Any idea how many inches it measures?

plainjanegirl
December 1st, 2008, 08:24 PM
Very pretty! I hope she keeps it long.

Katahdin
December 1st, 2008, 08:25 PM
Awww!

She's so adorable! And the braid waves look stunning on her.

Mary <><
December 1st, 2008, 08:32 PM
Lovely hair! Cute pics!

MandaMom2Three
December 1st, 2008, 08:39 PM
Awwwww. I wish my girls had hair like that! Their hair grows INSANELY slow! I have never shortened their hair, 4yo's hair is shoulder length and 2yo is like a baby, less than pixie :(

dearladydisdain
December 1st, 2008, 09:28 PM
That is some beautiful hair! Although I know if my hair had been that long at 4 years old we would have had many more battles about detangling hair, ack.

sahiba
December 1st, 2008, 10:41 PM
This is the hair of a 4 year old ? What will happen when she'll be 20? Her hair length (beautiful btw) at 4 is my length at 26.But then I was born bald ,and don't you tell me she was too or i'll go :justy: :)
I love her hair though ,simply gorgeous. :crush:

EvaSimone
December 1st, 2008, 10:54 PM
She has beautiful hair, it's so shiny and soft looking.

Vitalai
December 1st, 2008, 11:19 PM
She's so adorable! I love her fairytale hair.

Ryanne
December 1st, 2008, 11:20 PM
Very pretty hair!

sandrak
December 2nd, 2008, 02:03 AM
Wow! She does have gorgeous hair! I love the color.

Newniepg
December 2nd, 2008, 03:37 AM
Wow, that is quite long! I love the braid waves picture-very princessy. I must be a very nosy person, because I found the 'background' of the photo's fascinating, I love looking inside other peoples houses! :)

winter_star
December 2nd, 2008, 04:11 AM
Very pretty! I love the braid waves picture too. Her hair is such a pretty colour.

NiAosSi
December 2nd, 2008, 04:31 AM
She has such beautiful hair!

Johanna64
December 2nd, 2008, 04:39 AM
:inlove: Wow,her hair is soooo beautiful.
And so long!!

mellie
December 2nd, 2008, 05:25 AM
Oh my goodness! What gorgeous hair that little tyke has!!! :-)

lora410
December 2nd, 2008, 06:33 AM
Are you and her parents amish? Her hair is stunning btw!!!!

Hatsumomo
December 2nd, 2008, 06:38 AM
Wow, her hair is gorgeous! Bet they're worrying what she'll do if she rebels later though ;)

Ineedmorehair
December 2nd, 2008, 06:45 AM
I'm so jealous, her hair is just too pretty.:o

BlndeInDisguise
December 2nd, 2008, 06:48 AM
I love it!

That's a lot of hair. Any idea how many inches it measures?

I think I measured it around 28", but I can't remember exactly. It was a hasty measurement, too, because she doesn't like to stand still very well. :p

Awwwww. I wish my girls had hair like that! Their hair grows INSANELY slow! I have never shortened their hair, 4yo's hair is shoulder length and 2yo is like a baby, less than pixie

I had some pretty unamazing hair was I was very young, too. I probably had less than a pixie when I was 2, and now I have past knee length hair. You never know how it's going to go. :)

That is some beautiful hair! Although I know if my hair had been that long at 4 years old we would have had many more battles about detangling hair, ack.

Her hair doesn't seem to be tangly. Though my sister is definitely not up to LHC standards in her hair care, and probably uses 'cones on her hair, which would help the untangly-ness. She does have a super sensitive scalp though and cries when anybody touches it, practically. :D Poor kid.

This is the hair of a 4 year old ? What will happen when she'll be 20? Her hair length (beautiful btw) at 4 is my length at 26.But then I was born bald ,and don't you tell me she was too or i'll go :justy: :)
I love her hair though ,simply gorgeous. :crush:

No, she wasn't bald, but she didn't have huge amounts of hair, either. It was very dark which made it look like she had more, too. Actually, she looked like of like she had male pattern baldness because it was really thin on top, but then she had a thick fringe in the back. ;)

Wow, that is quite long! I love the braid waves picture-very princessy. I must be a very nosy person, because I found the 'background' of the photo's fascinating, I love looking inside other peoples houses!

I thought it was kind of interesting, too. The only reason I was taking pictures was because my sister got a phone call right before she started braiding Anika's hair. So I took the opportunity to grab the camera and take pictures. That's my brother-in-law on the couch. ;)

Are you and her parents amish? Her hair is stunning btw!!!!

No, we aren't Amish, but similar. We have cars and electricity and other modern conveniences (sp? The spell check doesn't want to work) but no TV. :) The women do keep their hair long and covered, though.

Actually, my sister belongs to a different (but very similar) church than we do.

lora410
December 2nd, 2008, 06:57 AM
I think I measured it around 28", but I can't remember exactly. It was a hasty measurement, too, because she doesn't like to stand still very well. :p

I had some pretty unamazing hair was I was very young, too. I probably had less than a pixie when I was 2, and now I have past knee length hair. You never know how it's going to go. :)

Her hair doesn't seem to be tangly. Though my sister is definitely not up to LHC standards in her hair care, and probably uses 'cones on her hair, which would help the untangly-ness. She does have a super sensitive scalp though and cries when anybody touches it, practically. :D Poor kid.

No, she wasn't bald, but she didn't have huge amounts of hair, either. It was very dark which made it look like she had more, too. Actually, she looked like of like she had male pattern baldness because it was really thin on top, but then she had a thick fringe in the back. ;)

I thought it was kind of interesting, too. The only reason I was taking pictures was because my sister got a phone call right before she started braiding Anika's hair. So I took the opportunity to grab the camera and take pictures. That's my brother-in-law on the couch. ;)

No, we aren't Amish, but similar. We have cars and electricity and other modern conveniences (sp? The spell check doesn't want to work) but no TV. :) The women do keep their hair long and covered, though.

Actually, my sister belongs to a different (but very similar) church than we do.

I'd take the pc over the Tv anyday..LOL very cool though. I have always been intrigued by other cultures and such.

mommy101405
December 2nd, 2008, 07:10 AM
Awwwww. I wish my girls had hair like that! Their hair grows INSANELY slow! I have never shortened their hair, 4yo's hair is shoulder length and 2yo is like a baby, less than pixie :(

My girls are the same way. They are 3 and almost 2 and the older one has maybe 4 inches max but its super curly so it only looks like about an inch or so. The younger one is still in pixie stage too.

Her hair is really pretty. And it is quite thick for being so young. Will they keep it that length or let it go?

SweetPea88
December 2nd, 2008, 07:11 AM
So cute! She looks like a little princess!

rhubarbarin
December 2nd, 2008, 07:26 AM
WHat gorgeous hair!

Some kids are very slow growing at first! I was bald (peach fuzz) until after I was 2, everyone thought I was a boy. Then my hair started growing in verrrry slowly for a couple years.. then all of a sudden, bam! When I was six or so it started growing like a weed and went from shoulder to waist in like a year (I have pictures to prove it). Your girls will probably start growing faster as they get older..

2luvmycurls
December 2nd, 2008, 07:35 AM
She has beautiful hair! My 4-year-old niece has long hair (not this long though), but is sooooo ready to get it cut, as she doesn't like updos much and it's always in her face, and wants to "give it to somebody who will use it". Love the braid waves on your niece too! :)

BlndeInDisguise
December 2nd, 2008, 07:37 AM
Thank you everyone! (Even though I didn't have anything to do with it. :p)

Wow, her hair is gorgeous! Bet they're worrying what she'll do if she rebels later though ;)

Somehow I think her hair is the least of their worries at the moment. ;) I highly doubt anybody will be cutting it, though.

I'd take the pc over the Tv anyday..LOL very cool though. I have always been intrigued by other cultures and such.

I can't say I feel terribly deprived without a TV, either, though I've never had one. :p

My girls are the same way. They are 3 and almost 2 and the older one has maybe 4 inches max but its super curly so it only looks like about an inch or so. The younger one is still in pixie stage too.

Her hair is really pretty. And it is quite thick for being so young. Will they keep it that length or let it go?

They'll let it grow. Can't wait to see how long it'll get. :) There's very long hair on both sides of the families. Her one aunt on her dad's side probably has calf length hair.

JessTheMess
December 2nd, 2008, 07:53 AM
She is so adorable!!! Her hair is absolutely beautiful too!

paper
December 2nd, 2008, 08:10 AM
:crush: Your niece has beautiful hair, how cute!

Laila23
December 2nd, 2008, 09:07 AM
Very pretty hair. Don't let her cut it!!! :)

DarkChocolate
December 2nd, 2008, 11:22 AM
Her hair is so pretty:)

Robinlyn
December 2nd, 2008, 07:26 PM
Such beautiful pics! Thanks for sharing, what a cutie!

cuddledumplin
December 2nd, 2008, 09:19 PM
Aw, she has such beautiful hair.

Tangles
December 2nd, 2008, 09:42 PM
Wow, usually little kids have fine hair but hers is already adult thickness. That's pretty cool.

Robbi Dehlinger
December 2nd, 2008, 10:39 PM
So pretty!

She is a lucky girl!

jojo
December 3rd, 2008, 07:51 AM
What beautiful thick long hair she has, with my children both have thick hair especially in the case of my youngest her hair went thicker as she got older.

basketcase413
December 3rd, 2008, 05:46 PM
ok...why can't I see any pics? there's no link, no pics, just the words (Braid waves) and (wet)....just like that in parenthesis???????

Áine
December 3rd, 2008, 05:57 PM
^ Maybe try refreshing your page. Sometimes that helps.

Your niece's hair is just gorgeous. She does look like a fairy princess, what a cutie.

BlndeInDisguise
December 3rd, 2008, 06:59 PM
Thank you again, everyone! :)

ok...why can't I see any pics? there's no link, no pics, just the words (Braid waves) and (wet)....just like that in parenthesis???????

If that doesn't work, here's the link to my album. http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/album.php?albumid=2166

AnneAdeline
December 3rd, 2008, 07:14 PM
Wow, what gorgeous hair! I can only imagine how thick and gorgeous it will be when she gets older.

Thanks for answering this. I was also vastly curious. :flower:

basketcase413
December 3rd, 2008, 08:35 PM
If that doesn't work, here's the link to my album. http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/album.php?albumid=2166

Thanks for trying.....I don't enough posts to view an album yet:( I'll check back when I get a few more posts under my belt. You know, it just hit me, that may be why I can't see them in the post either.....hmmm....wonder what questions i can ask to get to 25 posts, quickly! :eyebrows:

longhairedfairy
December 4th, 2008, 01:23 AM
How pretty! I thought she looked like a little angel sitting there with her braid waves all around her!

longhairenvy
December 4th, 2008, 01:29 AM
Wish I could see what you guys are seeing; I think I'm not able due to my low number of posts???? BUMMER.....better get typing.

goldenwaves
December 4th, 2008, 04:12 AM
That's amazing, and gorgeous! My sister is nearly five and her hair is BSL, baby fine and very thin!!

BlndeInDisguise
December 4th, 2008, 06:09 AM
Thanks for trying.....I don't enough posts to view an album yet:( I'll check back when I get a few more posts under my belt. You know, it just hit me, that may be why I can't see them in the post either.....hmmm....wonder what questions i can ask to get to 25 posts, quickly! :eyebrows:

Wish I could see what you guys are seeing; I think I'm not able due to my low number of posts???? BUMMER.....better get typing.

For those of you who can't see them....http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa65/bornnraisedhawkeye/AnikasHair/ I think there might be an extra one in there, too. :)