PDA

View Full Version : Vinegar Rinses

Ashley
March 24th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Does anyone know if there are any concrete differences between vinegar rinses with ACV or plain vinegar? I ran out of ACV and the plain vinegar is the only thing I have here, is it fine for this purpose too?

BonanzaJB
March 24th, 2008, 07:56 AM
hi, Ashley :)

it is ok to use other vinegars. actually many people prefer plain vinegar over ACV. it is mostly a matter of smell, though i recall a lady noticing one slightly more drying than the other (i think it was ACV more drying)

i´ve used both and my personal preference is ACV

FrannyG
March 24th, 2008, 08:46 AM
My preference is ACV, but if I were out of it, I would gladly use white vinegar. Also there are many blondes on this board who only use white vinegar, as they feel that ACV add a gold tone to their hair.

Delilah
March 24th, 2008, 09:28 AM
I find no major difference between types. I have tried ACV, White vinegar, red wine vinegar, and balsamic.
I use mostly ACV because of the mild smell, but often use white vinegar for weeks at a time when I run out of ACV, White vinegar is so cheap!

Ashley
March 24th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Thanks everyone! I've got some brown colored natural vinegar here, I'll try that tomorrow. ACV is more expensive indeed! Especially if you use like 1L of water each time...

atlantaz3
March 24th, 2008, 10:15 AM
My highlighted blonde did much better with plain vinegar. It just felt better than with the acv. :shrug:

Wavelength
March 24th, 2008, 10:20 AM
I use red wine vinegar. It doesn't smell as strongly as the ACV, particularly when I add lavender and rosemary oils to it. With the ACV, it didn't matter what oils I added, the strong vinegar smell would come through regardless.