PDA

View Full Version : Updos/protective styles for me

PhillyGirl1978@
November 30th, 2008, 07:42 AM
Ok, I have 27" 3A hair, I also have a lot of it. My only updo has been a peacock twist with my hairstick, which I love. It's great being able to still look cute when I'm having I am bad hair day. I don't wear my hair up too much and I would like some protective styles that I can do for my thick hair. I have layers and I tried to do wet bunning wth some aloe juice and hairdiddiva moisturizer this weekend. I could get the bun to stay periodically but I doubt I could ever get it to stay when I'm out. I'd have to constantly be putting it back in and that's a pain. Also I had to do it with a scrunchi and while schrunchies are a life saver I don't think they look real good around my bun. Bobby pins break my hair when I take them out. I also feel that wet bunning or other protective styles could help me reach my goal of elbow length quicker. Even if I only made a committment of every day or night when I am gonna be at home alone with nothing special to do I will wet,moisturize and wear it up.

lapushka
November 30th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Maybe you could try a flexi-8 to hold the updo? Maybe that will last longer.

PhillyGirl1978@
November 30th, 2008, 09:27 AM
I'll have to try that. I did just manage to do a bun with the hair stick as oppsed to a scrunchi so it lookes better. I think I will be spritzing in a bit with some aloe juice and oiling the ends some more before putting it up again.

PhillyGirl1978@
November 30th, 2008, 01:54 PM
I just looked up Flexi-8's, I had no idea what they were. They are so pretty! And they are safe for your hair? No snags or anything? I was thinking whenever I get one I should get a large, what do you think?

Amara
November 30th, 2008, 01:56 PM
I have 3 flexi 8s and all are totally snag free, even the one with the dangles. They're very gentle to put in and take out.

Silverlox
November 30th, 2008, 02:15 PM
I've never tried a Flexi8, but I'm sure they're very good.

What I have tried, and love, is Nightshade's Hair Rings, which work in a similar way. I have a small and a large and use them very often! (Which is amazing, considering how many hair toys they compete with every morning.. :rolleyes:)

My point would be, that with your layers, perhaps a Hair Ring would be better, since they cover more hair, thus holding even the shorter ends very well.

You can use it with a special matching hair stick that you get at the same time, or just order the Hair Ring and use it with any stick you have already.

Sorry to sound as a commercial, it's just that I really, really love my Hair Rings! :o

They come in different sizes and all colours, and I'm sure you could get a custom size as well, as Nightshade is very happy to customise just about anything.

Here are pictures of my Hair Rings: Not. Sorry, I thought I had learned how to insert pictures, but obviously not.. :confused:

Instead, here are links to the pictures of my Hair Rings in Nightshade's shop (sold section), which will also give you a link to her shop at the same time:

http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=10941810

http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=10941808

PhillyGirl1978@
November 30th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Thanks! I definitely will be getting some hair toys. Those Flexi-8's look great and I love the ones with the dangly things! Very girlie, perfect for me.