PDA

View Full Version : *aaargh!* it's making me crazy: BANGS

intothemist1999
November 29th, 2008, 10:40 PM
All these wonderful DIY bang cuts that have popped up here lately are really firing me up to go for it and try. I *will* TRYYYYY to wait 2 weeks, though. I've always known I would have preferred bangs, but they gave me too much grief in warm weather. I'm hoping I can work around that now (maybe swept aside? I wasn't comfortable with my forehead hanging out back then, but I am now!)

So...in my research, I'm trying to find if there are any tricks to doing bangs on hair where one (ME) has those sort of "receding" corners...where the hair is just short wisps in the corners of the forehead/hairline. The only thing I can think of is going quite far back, but that can look goofy...probably more so on me, what with my HEEEUUUUGE noggin.

I've sent messages to the girls who did a couple of very good bangs trimming videos on YouTube (found the links on TLHC). I hope they might have some suggestions, too.

Shorty89
November 29th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Well from what I can remember from meeting you, you look just fine without bangs :-) I dont' have any suggestions though. I will wait for someone else to chime in.

manderly
November 29th, 2008, 10:57 PM
Well, the one I followed I can't remember, but I can remember some of the things she explained.

Starting in the center of your forhead, lined up with your nose, go back about an inch. Then from that point make a triangle towards your face out to your pupils (or was it edge of eye? pretty sure it was pupils). That's the triangle of hair you're going to cut into bangs.

One thing she didn't tell me, which I'm learning now with my bangs. Obey your cowlicks or parts. I have a little wisp of bangs that refuse to go left with the rest of them, and they just hang out on the right. Sometimes I leave them, others I try to blend with the length. The will joing the gang :)

When I started cutting, I started in the middle, at the tip of my nose, with the scissors aimed down to my shoulder and cut down towards my ear. I just repeated that until I got the length I was happy with.

Then comb it in front of you straight, with the scissors aiming straight up snip a little amount into the bang line to break it up so it isn't a blunt edge.

Voila. Bangs. :D

intothemist1999
November 29th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Well from what I can remember from meeting you, you look just fine without bangs :-) I dont' have any suggestions though. I will wait for someone else to chime in.

Awwww, THANKS!!! That is so sweet!! :flowers:

intothemist1999
November 29th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Thanks for the input, manderly, you're one of my inspirations! :)

AngelInDisguise
November 30th, 2008, 01:47 AM
Maybe this link might also be helpful to you: http://www.hairfinder.com/techniques/trimbangshowto.htm.

I also do have receding corners and did a mixture of the rectangle and the triangle shape. But i did not cut a straight line as I wanted sort of side-swept bangs. Acutally this is quite good as one of the receding corners not have to be covered. The second one shows up a bit when I have a bad hairday but as I have cut the fringe quite short the last time I hope this corner will be easier to cover as soon as the fringe gets longer and behaves better (lays down where I want!).