PDA

View Full Version : my hair has just gone crazy!

jojo
November 29th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Ok my hair was tangly today so i thought id clarify it and finish with a ACV leave in. Well I did this and still it was a tangly mess, so I put the smallest bit of olive oil on the last inche and then i left it, now its nearly dry my hair has gone all spirally anybody else ever noticed this after clarifying? My camera is on charge or id show you all!

Tangles
November 29th, 2008, 03:01 PM
My guess is that clarifying + ACV was too astringent. You should have used a very deep conditioner afterwards.

jojo
November 29th, 2008, 03:34 PM
I put an herbal essence coconut conditioner on for about 10 minutes after as id used baking soda which isnt my favorite clarifyer to be honest and combed it through in the shower after but then it justs knots up again, so thats why i put a little olive oil on and thought just leave it and comb it when its dry, it seems to tangle just looking at it these days, maybe its the weather but it is up all the time when I am out side. sort of hard to figure out why its changing so much.

Curlsgirl
November 29th, 2008, 05:17 PM
This unexpected cold, dry weather has got my hair mixed up I think. My old predictable things are not working the way they had been. :mad:

smilinjenn71
November 29th, 2008, 05:22 PM
I was just complaining to my hubby that my hair is too soft/conditioned right now. I've clarified twice/no conditioner but it's still super soft/slippery.

The only reason I'm complaining is that I can't do anything with it. It won't hold curl - I'm using rollers - not heat. Just don't want the damage of heat. I still have to blowdry it now and that's more than enough damage.

Maybe it is the change of season - winter here.

jojo
November 29th, 2008, 05:22 PM
At least I am not alone, it must be the weather. Roll on sunshine:rant:

jojo
November 29th, 2008, 05:26 PM
winter is here too BRRRR it is so cold, must freeze the hair or strip the natural oil off. I have been putting oil daily on my hair (coconut) going to try olive oil next week, my ends feel super soft now. I am thinking as the hair gets longer natural oils can't reach the ends and in winter any natural oils are destroyed so maybe a thicker oil is needed, cannot do any harm to try I suppose!

Curlsgirl
November 29th, 2008, 05:58 PM
The change of season is always a bit tricky for me. I mixed up shampoo and water in a mister and squirted it on my scalp and length tonight and then used quite a bit of Jessicurl Too shea, rinsed with ACV and water and then used KKKT and KKCC and it is GREAT! I guess that's what it wanted. Who knew? :shrug:

marajade
November 29th, 2008, 07:01 PM
I hate change of seasons! As soon as a get into a routine my hair freaks out. :(

lora410
November 29th, 2008, 07:03 PM
I think it's the change of weather. Mien acted all nuts for a few weeks as well and relized I had to go from no cones to cones :shrug: hair changes apparently.

Katze
November 30th, 2008, 07:08 AM
mine's acting weird, too. BS kind of scares me, having used it a couple of times, but I was clarifying a lot after swimming with Herbal Essences shampoo and my ends have been super dry and tangly with lots of bends and kinks and the beginnings of splits.. I guess I need to cut swimming down to 1x a week and do an SMT afterwards.

My hair's also gone straighter and won't hold a wave, but I am thinking this is from being pregnant...

Maybe SMT would help the next time you wash? With a nice deep conditioner?

plainjanegirl
November 30th, 2008, 07:47 AM
I wore my hair in a loose ponytail yesterday and last night I had some major tangles (my hair normally doesn't tangle like that). I was very frustrated last night. I used alot of water and conditioner to get it all combed out. I am thinking it must be the weather cause that's the only thing that has changed. We just got our first snow (not alot).

frizzinator
November 30th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Maybe your hair is telling you that it doesn't like baking soda! Baking soda is not gentle, it is abrasive.

My dentist advises against using it to clean teeth, furthermore, he said not to buy any toothpaste with baking soda as an ingredient. Baking soda cleans teeth, but it also removes tooth enamel.

Baking soda and vinegar clean drains better than any commercial product, and at least one member here on LHC said she uses baking soda and vinegar on her hair!

ktani
November 30th, 2008, 08:10 AM
winter is here too BRRRR it is so cold, must freeze the hair or strip the natural oil off. I have been putting oil daily on my hair (coconut) going to try olive oil next week, my ends feel super soft now. I am thinking as the hair gets longer natural oils can't reach the ends and in winter any natural oils are destroyed so maybe a thicker oil is needed, cannot do any harm to try I suppose!

Since your ends are soft now, it doesn't sound too serious in terms of your creating a major problem by what you did with the clarifying.

This time of year the weather plus indoor heating can play havoc with hair.

I think that you are getting it under control.

jojo
November 30th, 2008, 10:25 AM
thanks everybody now another strange thing, my hair is really shiny today and soft??? its beginning to freak me out with its constant changes!!

rhubarbarin
November 30th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Its been dry here the past week and the curl falls right out of my hair on day 2! I have nice s-waves instead..

ktani
November 30th, 2008, 11:19 AM
thanks everybody now another strange thing, my hair is really shiny today and soft??? its beginning to freak me out with its constant changes!!

Enjoy the good times in the moment, lol.

chrissy-b
December 2nd, 2008, 12:32 PM
My hair has been freaking out too. The last couple of weeks it's been super dry and frizzy, where it is usually shiny and on the oily side.

I think it's just the change in season.

Robinlyn
December 2nd, 2008, 05:04 PM
Glad to hear that you are having a better hair day today! Must have been weather related!!

missy60
December 2nd, 2008, 07:16 PM
My hair always does better in the winter. The frizz calms down with out the humidity, but it can get dry so I have been doing alot of deep conditioning.