PDA

View Full Version : Opinions, Please!

longingforlocks
November 29th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Hey everyone,
After my big chop back in February, I have only had one miniscule trim. My hair is barely APL and very uneven. When I got it trimmed in August, I did not have the stylist touch my layers in the front since I had decided to let my bangs grow out. Now my bangs are chin-length (so not really bangs anymore) and very uneven. I think that I looked a lot better with bangs (and I loved them!) when my hair was a little past BSL. My question is, should I just get the front evened out (like soft layers but no bangs) or should I go back to the bangs? I just feel like hair doesn't look right with bangs unless it is at least BSL (or to my boobs, etc). Sorry, no pictures, but I can assure you that EVERYONE loved my bangs when I had them. I just feel like my hair is too short to handle bangs now.

Lady Lilya
November 29th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Hey everyone,
After my big chop back in February, I have only had one miniscule trim. My hair is barely APL and very uneven. When I got it trimmed in August, I did not have the stylist touch my layers in the front since I had decided to let my bangs grow out. Now my bangs are chin-length (so not really bangs anymore) and very uneven. I think that I looked a lot better with bangs (and I loved them!) when my hair was a little past BSL. My question is, should I just get the front evened out (like soft layers but no bangs) or should I go back to the bangs? I just feel like hair doesn't look right with bangs unless it is at least BSL (or to my boobs, etc). Sorry, no pictures, but I can assure you that EVERYONE loved my bangs when I had them. I just feel like my hair is too short to handle bangs now.

As long as both sides of the chin-length-bangs are symmetrical, I wouldn't touch them. I would just try to clip them out of my face. Maybe you could gather it all and clip it at the crown of your head to create the appearance of a half-up? Or use cute colorful clips on the sides?

I think that pictures would really help.

Starr
November 29th, 2008, 01:22 PM
If you prefer the way you look with bangs, then go with it, but if you feel that your hair is to short for bangs then keep the face framing layers. . . regardless of what anyone else says, you should go with what makes you feel best about yourself and your hair.