PDA

View Full Version : Google Analytics?

intothemist1999
November 29th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Not a site "support" question, exactly, but I was wondering if google is snooping, or whether we have that set up on this site (stats collection?)

I noticed every time I go to TLHC or a page in the site, I can see the computer/internet searching for www.google-analytics.com before it shows the LHC forum URL.

For the record, during this phase it shows google analytics, it takes FOREVER to connect to the page I want.

ETA I no longer use Google for my web searches because of the terrible record they have on privacy violations.

eadwine
November 29th, 2008, 10:09 AM
If you are using the Opera browser you can block google-analytics using the tools-advanced-block content feature. It won't request from it anymore if you add it.

I had the same hanging issues with the Dutch hair forum, made it hang for what seemed like forever and since blocking it, it's loading peachy again.

intothemist1999
December 1st, 2008, 02:27 PM
If you are using the Opera browser you can block google-analytics using the tools-advanced-block content feature. It won't request from it anymore if you add it.

I had the same hanging issues with the Dutch hair forum, made it hang for what seemed like forever and since blocking it, it's loading peachy again.

How is it they are allowed to do it in the first place :confused:

Do you have any advice for Firefox users? Or MSIE? I usually use Firefox, and that's where I saw it happening. I use MSIE on the other computer.

Dacia
December 1st, 2008, 05:35 PM
How is it they are allowed to do it in the first place :confused:

Do you have any advice for Firefox users? Or MSIE? I usually use Firefox, and that's where I saw it happening. I use MSIE on the other computer.

Adblock and NoScript for Firefox. This isn't a question a website owner would answer, really.:D

intothemist1999
December 1st, 2008, 06:29 PM
Adblock and NoScript for Firefox. This isn't a question a website owner would answer, really.:D

Ah, ok, fair enough. I was researching it, and I see it used by websites to track. I thought it was a Google spyware.