PDA

View Full Version : to trim or not to trim for healthy fairytale ends

pdy2kn6
November 28th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Hey, so I have below nipple level hair, about 4 inches away from reaching my elbows but it is still relatively layered from the last cut i had about 2 and a half years ago. The ends seem to have been cut in a way that makes them curl inwards. And my hair doesnt tend to move around like water when I move, instead the whole chunk of hair tends to stay together and just move back and forward, if you get what i mean... basically it doesnt wisp about or move much, instead it lies restless on my back. i wear it in a bun everyday because it started to get tangley and hard to brush when it was in a ponytail. I am aiming for wispy long hair that moves each time you move your head (idol hair would be cinnamon hair's hair.) thanks for the pictures you posted on your website by the way cinnamon hair, it keeps me motivated to grow mine. I don't know if I should get a trim to change the style (more wispy rather than curving inwards-which i think was because the hairdresser cut my hair in a slant), or whether I should let it carry on growing and do not touch it at all. I have few split ends, because i dont do anything with my hair. My routine is wash every 5 days, sometimes deepmoisturizing treatment, then leave to airdry, braided at night, bunned in day. I really dont know what to do. Also when my hair gets much longer I would like to wear it down every now and again. I worry that if i dont trim it it will not grow as long as it would if i do trim.what do you guys think? I do love fairy tale ends, and do want to get them, however I want healthy fairytale ends which I can wear down. Best wishes.

pdy2kn6
November 28th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Oh and I forgot to mention that the sides are tending to look very thin while the back bit is still remaining thicker, which is really aggitating me aswell as I really have always wanted hair that is the same all the way around (not in the same length but i mean in the same style). It tends to be wispier at the front and bulkier at the back ever since my last haircut, which i worry that non trimming will not help resolve this??

spidermom
November 28th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Since you like fairy tale ends, and there isn't much damage, I think you should continue to let it grow. Trimming will make it more blunt, which is the exact opposite of what you want (if I'm understanding you correctly).

pdy2kn6
November 28th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Since you like fairy tale ends, and there isn't much damage, I think you should continue to let it grow. Trimming will make it more blunt, which is the exact opposite of what you want (if I'm understanding you correctly).

Hey thanks for the reply, yeah I don't have any damage in terms of split ends however the ends do feel a bit crunchy, and the style of my hair is what really bugs me. I asked for the hairdresser to 'blend' in my layers and then she sort of chopped them at an angle downwards. Do you guys think these layers will even out over time?

Boudicca
November 28th, 2008, 05:31 PM
I have fairytale ends and I search and destroy. That way, I avoid splits but keep the length.

spidermom
November 28th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Hey thanks for the reply, yeah I don't have any damage in terms of split ends however the ends do feel a bit crunchy, and the style of my hair is what really bugs me. I asked for the hairdresser to 'blend' in my layers and then she sort of chopped them at an angle downwards. Do you guys think these layers will even out over time?

Oh yes, they definitely will. You are going to be shedding out hairs that have reached the end of their life cycles and growing new hairs. Everybody has hairs of every length because of this; we're all layered.

Isilme
November 28th, 2008, 06:16 PM
If you don't have any damage, then just let it be and let your hair fairytale naturally.