PDA

View Full Version : Christmas....is that why all you long hairers are coming out?

pdy2kn6
November 28th, 2008, 03:42 PM
I have noticed an increase in the amount of long hairers I have been seeing recently. In the past it was almost never that I saw a long hairer in person (meaning below waist), however in the past month I have seen 4, 2 being this week in my local supermarket. All 4 were wearing hair held back in a ponytail with the rest dangling down towards their knees, which I was surprised at considering the brutal bad weather conditions we have had in England over the past 2 months. Have you guys been noticing any more of your kind out and about?

AnneAdeline
November 28th, 2008, 04:09 PM
I haven't noticed any more long-hairs than normal. But then again, I don't get out much. ;)

ChloeDharma
November 28th, 2008, 04:54 PM
I've noticed alot of longhairs recently, though i've been noticing this for maybe the last couple of years.

backtolonghair
November 28th, 2008, 08:04 PM
I"ve been noticing more long haired women and men lately... but I wonder if it has to do with me paying attention to it more? Before I was on this board, I didn't really pay much attention to hair length. Now I see it all the time...
:)

Nevermore
November 28th, 2008, 08:47 PM
I think it's the weather. Long hair can be quite hot during the warmer months and I think cold weather makes it nicer to wear it down because it isn't like wearing a fur coat. Also, I tend to think that long hair is very...comforting during the colder months. It almost feels like wearing a particularly silky and pretty cape. I associate long hair with comfort and joy, which are very Christmas-y sentiments.

So, yes, for me. The colder weather/Christmas is why I'm wearing mine down more.

winter_star
November 28th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Yes I am noticing a lot more long hairs lately. I'm not too sure if it's to do with Christmas or just taking more notice of peoples hair than usual.

Beatnik Guy
November 29th, 2008, 06:40 AM
It's two things -- taking notice, and that when more people are around there are more likely to be some with long hair. Most crowded places will have some long hair (unless, y'know, it is a convention of bald people or something). :wink:

zen_oven
November 29th, 2008, 07:04 AM
I've noticed a lot more lately too, but I think it's just because since joining LHC I'm just paying more attention.

Speckla
November 29th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Cooler weather = down more
being on a hair site = paying more attention to surrounding area/noticing hair more
________
YAMAHA LAGENDA SERIES SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_Lagenda_series)

Anje
November 29th, 2008, 11:02 AM
I've been wearing mine loose a little more. I think it has something to do with the cold weather, and in my case it's because I've spent the last two weekends away from home and the lab, so it feels indulgent and luxurious to wear it loose. That may apply to many folks this weekend. Not in England, though......

pdy2kn6
November 29th, 2008, 03:57 PM
It must be the temp, Personally i hate having my hair down even if i am in a hot room as it gets moist and is harder to touch and detangle when your hands are clammy haha. I do love the feeling of having my hair down in a cool atmosphere when it is dry and soft