PDA

View Full Version : Oh no what is next......

Carina
November 28th, 2008, 03:19 PM
I have hair that is not in a happy place right now.I have found splits and it is breaking all of a sudden too.I have been cone free for a few months and thought my hair loved it.Now I don't know what to do:wail:.What do you think will make my hair happy and healthy again?This cone issue is driving me crazy.My scalp hates cones but my length loves them.:confused:

xrosiex
November 28th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Maybe you could try using a coney leave-in. Just on the length of your hair. Avoid getting it on your scalp.

spidermom
November 28th, 2008, 03:27 PM
You could continue to use cone-free shampoo on your scalp. You could use a coney conditioner, but keep it away from your scalp. Or use cone-free shampoo and conditioner, but use a coney leave-in on the ends.

My hair loves to break and split, too. I handle it as carefully as I can without driving myself crazy. I use a coney leave-in, but not everytime that I wash because I don't wash the entire length most of the time, so I figure some cones are going to still be on there.

Carina
November 28th, 2008, 03:34 PM
I feel so lost this time.Things that worked before does not work anymore.I cut off ten inches in august this year.But now my virgin hair is acting strange.I will buy a cone conditioner and see what happens.I had plans on no trims in 2009.But now I don't think my hair agrees with me on that plan.

spidermom
November 28th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Here's something I recently learned - don't use hot water to wash your hair. Warm is fine.

manderly
November 28th, 2008, 10:31 PM
It's possible you are seeing old damage that cone-use has hidden up until now.

Tami86
November 29th, 2008, 02:46 AM
I'm going through the same phase .. I think its the damage that was hidden under coney products .. My hair was in a much worse condition before going cone-free .. my virgin hair was finw, but the length and ends were extra dry! Now when my hair is not happy I oil it, do a deep treatment, use less shampoo, keep it in a bun, braid when sleeping and all other tips and tricks I learnt here..
Try using a cone leave in and if you get good results then stick to it. Cones are not the enemy. Just because a lot of us have stopped using cones doesn't mean everyone else should. It all depends on what your hair likes :)

Isilme
November 29th, 2008, 03:14 AM
do you use products with protein? Could it be that you have protein overload and that's why your strands are breaking off? That did happen to me before I figured out that protein was the enemy, my hair hates it.

Carina
November 29th, 2008, 03:19 AM
do you use products with protein? Could it be that you have protein overload and that's why your strands are breaking off? That did happen to me before I figured out that protein was the enemy, my hair hates it.

OMG I think you have it Isilme:eek:!! I have been using cheap conditioner with protein because I thought it would strengthen my hair.Time for a change I guess.

Eryka
November 29th, 2008, 03:28 AM
Protein fried my hair and seriously screwed up my scalp. I actually had to cut off around 6 inches because the damage was too far gone on mine. (I'm not saying yours is the same but I was using this product for almost a year without thinking about the protein thing.) Most likely your hair will calm down as soon as you switch to a protein-less conditioner.

My suggestion is when you find a new conditioner you like, do a good clarifying treatment. This will make it dry but it will get rid of the extra build up on your hair so the new stuff penetrates better. Just my opinion.

Aditi
November 29th, 2008, 03:40 AM
Maybe you could try using a coney leave-in. Just on the length of your hair. Avoid getting it on your scalp.
i agree with her, as even i do the same thing and it works just fine for me.

Dolly
November 29th, 2008, 06:46 AM
i agree with her, as even i do the same thing and it works just fine for me.

Me too! If I use conditioner in the shower, I use whatever is handy, cone or no-cone. But, if I use no-cone in the shower, I use my Aussie leave-in spray. My hair needs the cones for protection.....it is just too fragile.