PDA

View Full Version : ACV versus WV

helanek
March 24th, 2008, 12:37 AM
i use shampoo soaps and 2/3 of time follow with vinegar rinse. i always used ACV - as i thought it was better for brunettes (henna hair) and healthier than white vinegar. it worked well... then a few days ago i run out of apple cider vinegar and used the cheapest white i usually clean my sink with. well... my hair is better - read: silkier and softer. surprise... but i think my natural color seems flatter.
any thoughts on the subject?

HairColoredHair
March 24th, 2008, 01:28 AM
White vinegar is strong, I know that much. I would think with it's strength it could possibly affect your color a bit? Then, it wouldn't add any color like ACV might be prone to doing... :shrug:

trolleypup
March 24th, 2008, 01:37 AM
ACV = stinky
WV = not so stinky

helanek
March 24th, 2008, 08:48 PM
trolleypup - good point! :D

well... rinsed again with white vinegar and new findings... i always battle ACV makes my scalp healthier, WV my hair shinier.
shampoo bars with vinegar rinse - hair happy and scalp sometimes really good and sometimes really dry. other shampoos? - even worse.

tiny_teesha
March 25th, 2008, 01:56 AM
i tried WV for the first time yesterday. It smells YUM! Like salt and vinegar chippies! And i notices it worked the same realy....not sure if it is more drying or not i doused my hair with oil because it has been misbehaving lately.