PDA

View Full Version : To Buff or not to Buff?

Alana2000
November 28th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Please tell me your Buff experiences before I buy some please... Ley cost anywhere from 18-24 USD each and I may like to buy more then one... The company I found on Google has free shipping right now.. I am so tempted.

I just want to know if they are worth it. I want it to use as a suncreen for my hair, and hat and maybe a head band and scrunchie.

Thanks so much!

camara
November 28th, 2008, 12:54 PM
I have one, and it is soft and stays on my head without shifting, unlike many knit caps. It works well enough as a scrunchie, but is very large for that purpose. As a hat and headband, however, I like mine.

HTH, Camara

julya
November 28th, 2008, 12:54 PM
I have two of them, and they are awesome!

ETA:
I have seen them in motorcycle shops locally, if you want to see one in person first.

MandaMom2Three
November 28th, 2008, 01:06 PM
What's a buff? :silly:

SHELIAANN1969
November 28th, 2008, 01:10 PM
If you don't care what *kind* of buff it is, this seller on Ebay has lots of different *Survivor* buffs, that's where I got mine. They are cheap, some are around 7$ each plus shipping, coming to about 10$ each total.

I just looked, she even has sets of 5 buffs for $39.95 plus 5.95 shipping.

She has buff *tops* as well, they are 2 inches bigger than the regular buffs so you can use them as a tube top, or a skirt they say (lol) I can't see it happening but, I guess some people could.

It's a cheap way to try some out and you can get several if you don't care about it saying Survivor! :)

http://stores.ebay.com/SenecaHills-Collection_Survivor-Buffs-Merchandise_Survivor-Buffs_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ11QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Pierre
November 29th, 2008, 05:31 AM
I have three and wear at least one every day. The regular Buff I wear at night to keep my hair from getting tangled. The Polar I wear on cold days, and it's even warmer when I cover it with the reflector (of which I need a new one) at night. I don't remember how long I've had them, but it's been at least a year, maybe two.

Red Jezebel
November 29th, 2008, 07:41 AM
I've got 4 which I wear (not all at once! :silly:) on days when my hair is starting to look less hot at the roots (oily), typically day 3 and 4, or when it's cold and/or wet. I wear mine like a very wide alice-band, so the bun/other updo still shows but every other part of my hair is covered.

The ones I have haven't every lost any stretch, plus they're very hard wearing yet wonderfully soft and comfortable. I wouldn't say they're brilliant in summer - as they're not a breathable as the ads indicate, but they're not unbarebly hot. In winter, they're awesome at keeping the chills away.

Worth the spend, I reckon. The only thing that bugs me, is that the choice, although big, mainly consists of rather in-your-face colours/patterns.

Alana2000
November 29th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the information.. off to make an order.. I think.