PDA

View Full Version : yay, my hairtype is changing!(pics)

vamq
November 27th, 2008, 04:36 PM
I make pictures of my hair quite often, to see the growth of it. And while I was watching all pictures I've made so far, I noticed that my hair is more "wavy" than before. I don't even think I have the same hairtype anymore. And so far, I'm also very happy with the length I've gained so far, and the healthy hair ofcourse.

So I put some pictures together so you can see the difference:
http://www.members.lycos.nl/criminalplaza/Pictures/Hair/hairtype%20change.bmp

The januari 2007 picture is a long while ago, but I put it up because it was right before the moment I started taking care of my hair. I just went to the hairdresser that day, and had all kind of highlight thingies and used lots and lots of cones..

Anyway, what hairtype do i have right now?
Is it still 1b?

Did any of you had this hairtype-changing too?
It's weird, but I sure like it:)

MandaMom2Three
November 27th, 2008, 04:42 PM
It's DEFINITELY wavier!! I've noticed mine doing that too!! :D

Arctic
November 27th, 2008, 04:56 PM
My hair also went from straight to wavy in few weeks after I joined here :) Yours definitely is wavier too, I would say at least 1c if not 1c/2a though I'm not an expert. Very beautiful!

HairColoredHair
November 27th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Set those waves free! Your hair looks LOVELY!

Now I just have to talk to mine about maybe doing the same. :lol:

Peter
November 27th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Definitely wavier! Your hair is so awesome, I love the color. :)

AnneAdeline
November 27th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Yep, look at that wave. I'd say at least 1c, if not 1c/2a. I noticed from a recent picture that my hair was getting wavier, too. Your hair is such a gorgeous color!

zift
November 27th, 2008, 05:35 PM
You got such soft lovely waves, I think it's 1c/2a:)

susiemw
November 27th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Your hair looks so shiney and healthy!!
Great job!

Susan

DarkChocolate
November 27th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Your hair is quite shiny:) I can see that it is wavier too:)

spidermom
November 27th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Very pretty.

Miriela
November 27th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Very pretty. I'd also say 1c/2a.

My curl is tighter since I've been here, but I've always been a 3. :)

sahiba
November 27th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Your waves are looking lovely.

Katze
November 28th, 2008, 01:24 AM
beautiful waves, and your hair is so thick and shiny!

I would say you are at least a 2a, maybe more. Do you have spirals? Areas that are wavier than in your pics?

1b is not wavy, except for some body. It's only a step up from stick straight. You definitely, definitely have more wave than that!

Mildly wavy is a hard category to define. My hair is also somewhere in there; while on average it is straighter than yours (so I call it 1c), I also have spiral curls and ringlets underneath (2a)-2b leading me to average out at 1c/2a. But now that I am pregnant, it's straighter again, maybe more like a 1c.

Our hairtypes do change over time, and with hormones, age, etc, and many people here find that the extra moisture from a good LHC hair routine gives better waves and curls.

GlennaGirl
November 28th, 2008, 01:43 AM
Wow. How beautiful. You're definitely wavier than a 1b, IMO.

Hairtype can definitely change. I've gone the opposite way: straighter. I've seen it happen to other people, too.

LutraLutra
November 28th, 2008, 02:46 AM
Your hair looks lovely vamq, much more wavey too.

Niphredil
November 28th, 2008, 02:53 AM
It definitely is wavier looking comparing to the jan 2007 pic. But your waves do look like bunwaves to me to be honest. Are those pictures taken after washing and drying loose, or has it indeed been bunned before the pictures ?

If it has been bunned, I'd suggest a picture after washing and airdrying with the hair down. If it hasn't been bunned, I'd say your in between 1c and 2a. Hair that fits in the type 2's is generally more unruly than hair that still fits in the type 1 category.

Whatever your hairtype, it looks really healthy !!

Seraphina
November 28th, 2008, 04:35 AM
Wow,gorgeous waves!

vamq
November 28th, 2008, 05:06 AM
Niphedril, my hair on the last picture aren't bun waves.

I woke up, combed my hair, and found out it was looking good, so I took a picture. The night before I've washed my hair, fingercombed it, and slept on it when it was almost dry but not completely. I slept with my hair down, so no braiding or bunning. But I see it as a compliment, so thanks :)

I did found out that my hair gets more waves when I wash it less often. So when I wash every other day, I get less waves than when I wash every 3rd or 4th day. It's like getting greasier hair helps, in some way.

Johanna64
November 28th, 2008, 05:20 AM
Beatiful!!
Your hair looks thikker too :crush:

Lamb
November 28th, 2008, 06:23 AM
You have very pretty hair, I would say 1c/2a. :) Quite obvious change!!

plainjanegirl
November 28th, 2008, 06:39 AM
Nice thick hair. And the color is pretty too.
I could never get by with just fingercombing after washing.....way too many tangles. I have to use my wide tooth comb while it's still wet.

BlackfootHair
November 28th, 2008, 06:47 AM
Very nice hair! I would say 1c/2a. But your last picture looks more like 2a/2b on the ends. I know when I take better care of my hair and use lots of DVCO (Dabur Vatika coconut oil)
my hair becomes more curly. I think it's because I generally use less cones and the DVCO adds moisture. Especially when I add it to wet hair. :)

paper
November 28th, 2008, 07:20 AM
Your hair sure does look wavier. It's very pretty!

The same thing happened to me too. My hair was straight, now it's wavy.

Ryanne
November 28th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Very pretty hair, it looks more wavy.

Niphredil
November 29th, 2008, 05:51 AM
Niphedril, my hair on the last picture aren't bun waves.

I woke up, combed my hair, and found out it was looking good, so I took a picture. The night before I've washed my hair, fingercombed it, and slept on it when it was almost dry but not completely. I slept with my hair down, so no braiding or bunning. But I see it as a compliment, so thanks :)
Ah, I see. Then you definitely have more waves than you used to have :)
Whether that results in a type 1 with waves or type 2 depends on your overall structure (mine can be looking almost straight but with the puffyness of a type 2, instead of the sleekness of a type 1).

I did found out that my hair gets more waves when I wash it less often. So when I wash every other day, I get less waves than when I wash every 3rd or 4th day. It's like getting greasier hair helps, in some way. How funny, mine gets straighter the longer I wait between washes. Shows that everyone's hair is different and unique :)