PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving!!! (what style are you wearing?)

aries
November 27th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Just a quick drop in to say, "Happy Thanksgiving" and find out how everyone is wearing their hair for this holiday.

Mine is down for the first time in probably a year or more. I never wear it down anymore so thought it would be special.

Boots
November 27th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Mine is down for the first time in 3 weeks.

Happy Tday to all.

embee
November 27th, 2008, 11:59 AM
And Happy Thanksgiving to you all! :)

It is a beautiful day, the sun is out, and it's warmer than it has been this last week, so I can get out and do a bit of playing in my garden - messing around with dirt and branches and things, a great joy.

I have supper going: turkey, green bean casserole, pumpkin pie! All favorite foods, yum...

My hair is in a beebutt at the very top of my head - tied in place with a curly blue scrunchie, very comfy. When I'm outdoors with my hat on I look like a conehead, hee hee!

rymorg2
November 27th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Happy Turkey Day! I almost put TURDEY DAY.....:rollin: :spitting:

My hair is in a braided diagonal updo with my amber tears MTM fork. I washed today, it's sorta fluffy.

Celogrl
November 27th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I know I am not here as much as I'd like, but I care about the people here and send fondest wishes for a blessed day.:)

It is just my DH and myself this year for the first time ever! I still went all out cooking just because I truly enjoy doing it. I made a turkey breast, tons o' stuffing, gravy, cabbage, succotash, parsnips, brussels sprouts, (I love veggies...can ya tell?!) rolls, cranberry sauce, baked sweet potatoes, a cranberry pie and a pumpkin pie. A nice cooking session? Worth it- not cooking for the rest of the weekend? Priceless!

My hair? It's just down and loose & feels good. I just shampooed an hour ago.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

And a wonderful Thanksgiving to my 'dear old Dad' who will be with Mom again this year having a more 'celestial' day. I love you, Mom & Dad.

kirky
November 27th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Today is a braided half ponytail for me....On our Thanksgiving Day, I did wear my hair down.

Gumball
November 27th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Happy bursting belly day! My hair is braided as it's the common thing I do when I don't feel up to anything else. It's also nice and quick. I'm focusing more on my taste buds today rather than my hair. :yumm:

Quoting a friend of mine: "I'm looking forward to how good the extra 5 pounds is going to taste."

HairColoredHair
November 27th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Loose... just got out of a long warm bath/shower... did a henna gloss, cozy on the couch with hot cocoa... no dog, no people.... ahhhhh....

AnneAdeline
November 27th, 2008, 03:38 PM
I've just got mine rolled and clipped up. This year we aren't doing anything big, so just relaxing around the house. (Though I should be working on some homework...)

coppercurls
November 27th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Happy Thanksgiving!

My hair is in a figure 8 bun held with 60th St. Lemon/Lime Dymondwood fork.

RavennaNight
November 27th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Happy thanksgiving! My hair was down except for the feast, when I bunned.

Midnightluna
November 27th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Mine's in a clipped up bun.
Happy Thanksgiving;)

beatricedivina
November 27th, 2008, 05:11 PM
French braid with an elastic at the nape. It's stayed very well.

Happy turkey-day!

Curlsgirl
November 27th, 2008, 05:52 PM
I wore mine down today and straight. It felt so good and silky and warm! I had one woman say, "Your hair is so long and pretty" :D
and a young 9 year old girl say, "Your hair is long, time to cut it!" :mad:

Elphie
November 27th, 2008, 06:41 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=25828&albumid=1838&dl=1227836250&thumb=1

I had just enough time to give this cage braid one shot. I need to work on it a bit, but it came out well enough to keep for the day, IMO.

Amara
November 27th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Mine is long and loose in a half up with my dangly flexi 8. :)

lizzyjo
November 27th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Mine is down...and I got complements!

Hypnotica
November 28th, 2008, 02:16 AM
I don't celibrate Thanksgiving (because I'm Swedish) but I hope to eat something good today just becuase it's Friday. :)

Monsterkitti
November 28th, 2008, 03:02 AM
Im in the UK so dont celebrate Thanksgiving but hope you all have a good day, all the tasty feasts you have planned sounds lovely :D

aries
November 28th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Wow, I had more replies than I expected to this thread lol. Thanks for sharing everyone and I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

Curlsgirl, I know how I would have responded to that little girl but it's not acceptable here lol. I know what I tell my own kids too hehe. It's ok though, we all share your happiness with your hair.

Thanks again all, it's nice to know how everyone that replied wore their hair. Not to get ready for Christmas, WOOT!!

trillcat
November 28th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Hello to everyone and happy (day after) Thanksgiving.
I have just found this board after a disturbing hair color incident, will post about this in an intro thread, for now lets just say orange hair is not pretty on me, though not so uncommon a "Whoops!" going lighter.
Anyway, finally achieving the blonde I wanted and reading here about hair care and fancy braids and up-dos and all I was going to put my hair up in a nice something, was going to play around with it. Had such pretty styles in my brain to get "oohs" and "ahhhs" that SEEMED simple enough to do. Found out that a house with fifteen people visiting for the holiday (8 adults and 7 kids age 3-14) and one bathroom was NOT the best time to hog the bathroom playing with my hair, lol. Ended up just putting it a regular ole' pony tail as the growing line of people waiting outside the door started showing signs of increasing hostility and audible pee pee dances were being danced. Live and learn, lol.