PDA

View Full Version : New here and learning so much!

basketcase413
November 27th, 2008, 12:20 AM
I spent a couple of days lurking, reading, envying, and trying new hairstyles! LOL I came to realize just how awful my hair looked.....and despite my length goals....I had my daughter-in-law cut it last night! :eek: yes....I did it. I know that sounds contrary to what I should have done, but I decided that I needed a HEALTHY hair goal.....so I went from 30" to about 24-25"....I wanted rid of the damaged ends, wanted it even in the back, and mostly wanted HEALTHY hair to nurture to a longer length. I can't do the styles today, that I could do yesterday :(, but I can run my fingers through softer, more managable hair! I have to admit my heart sunk the first time I looked in the mirror, but my hair grows VERY QUICKLY...I would guess at least 3/4" a month....so it shouldn't be long until I reach my first goal.....HEALTHY, SHINY hair just below the shoulders. I can still topsy tail it...ponytail it....and ez bun it so I'm set to take better care of it and have longer, healthier hair than ever! I work as a Paramedic and have to have my hair out of my way, and away from my patients...at the same time with 24-48 hour shifts, I don't always have much time to spend, so it must be quick and easy. I am looking forward to regaining the inches that I lost so that I have more styling options, but for now I'm happy with where I'm at! :) Now I'm off to see what all I can learn to keep this soft shiny hair soft and shiny as it grows!;)

basketcase :silly:

sahiba
November 27th, 2008, 02:07 AM
Hi, welcome here and keep learning. There is no end to the hair knowledge here.:)

Vitalai
November 27th, 2008, 02:18 AM
Hello! :flower: Welcome to LHC!

Have a happy, healthy hair-growing journey!

jera
November 28th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Hi and welcome to LHC. Lots of us here have made disastrous decisions regarding haircuts. :( But, you're in the right place to receive the support you'll need to regrow your hair to its former length and beauty.

:cheese: