PDA

View Full Version : exercising helps hair grow?

kwhitchurch
November 26th, 2008, 01:27 PM
So I have done plenty of research on how to help hair grow faster...not sure if I am on board with the monistat thing yet, but I know that for hair to grow there needs to be good circulation to the scalp. My theory is that when exercising blood flow increases to the whole body, including the head. Sometimes when I work out and I get really hot and I start to sweat I can feel it on my scalp and I get this weird tingling sensation almost like I can feel my hair growing! Of course I can't see any difference but I just wondered if anyone notices if their hair grows faster the more they exercise?

Fireweed
November 26th, 2008, 01:58 PM
I think exercising could help hair to grow more. That would be a good experiment to carry out on the boards.

Darkhorse1
November 26th, 2008, 02:03 PM
I can't say I've noticed more or less growth as a result of being active. I think when it comes down to it, you have to look at your family genetics. My family's hair grows like a weed. On both sides, so I am lucky. My mom's side especially grows hair very fast. My brother and I inherited our dad's hair, but mom's hair growth. I'm lucky I can keep my hair long ;) My brother opts for more of a shorter cut so it can grow out. Heck, my brother can grow a full beard in shy of a week. :)

kwhitchurch
November 26th, 2008, 02:08 PM
I guess I never paid much attention to my parents hair, my mom has always had really short hair but thats because she likes it that way, not sure how often she cuts it etc...I guess the weirdest part is when I exercise and I get a strange tingling sensation all over my scalp and it feels like my hair is growing right out of my head! Maybe I will go to the gym more often :)

spidermom
November 26th, 2008, 02:12 PM
I think everything that benefits your health, including exercise, benefits your hair at the same time.