PDA

View Full Version : Fuzz in my hair

Themyst
November 26th, 2008, 12:00 PM
I get a lot of fuzz in my hair - not hair fuzz, but little balls of white fuzz. It's been like this for years! I was going to do a strand test for a cassia treament this weekend, so I've been accumulating hair from my brush. It is so adulterated with these little balls of white fuzz that I don't think I can use it for my strand test.

Could it be my boar bristle brush? I don't recall ever seeing fuzz in my hair - I only seem to find it when I brush.

It is so weird.

Deborah
November 26th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Your BBB should be removing lint, not adding it.

Do you sleep on flannel sheets or pillowcases? Do you wear a scarf or hat that could cause the lint? I'd consider lint sources of this type.

Themyst
November 26th, 2008, 01:04 PM
I don't normally wear hats or scarves, I usually keep my hair bunned, even when I sleep.

I sleep on 600 percale 100% cotton sheets & pillowcases. My blankets are not fuzzy or prone to fuzz. I just don't understand this.

MandaMom2Three
November 26th, 2008, 01:40 PM
I've noticed this too Themyst! I can't tell you what causes it though. Lint faeries maybe :p

Themyst
November 26th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Do you also use a boar bristle brush?

spidermom
November 26th, 2008, 02:30 PM
I find fluff and fuzz and dust in my hair, especially when I oil, so I don't oil clean, damp hair anymore. It's like a particulate magnet!

heidihug
November 26th, 2008, 02:36 PM
I get lots of lint particles and little dust balls clinging to my sheds and the bristles when I brush with my Denman, but it's vented and not a BBB. I use hairspray on my fringe and oil when my hair is damp, so I am sure that is part of it. But I do keep my hair up 95% of the time.

It might have something to do with the fact that I hate dusting. Plus we have cats. We're kinda dusty most of the time. I have a little hand-painted plaque in my kitchen that says "You may touch the dust, but please don't write in it."

BlndeInDisguise
November 26th, 2008, 02:41 PM
I've gotten fuzz from towels before, but usually it's when they're new. I don't think you probably would be getting new towels every few weeks for six years. :p

Themyst
November 26th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Maybe it is dust causing this then. My BBB must be doing its job by rolling it all into neat little balls when I brush.

I really didn't think about dust accumulating in your hair like that.

MandaMom2Three
November 26th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Do you also use a boar bristle brush?

I did for 3 days, it shredded my ends :(

Nevermore
November 26th, 2008, 08:33 PM
I brush lint from my clothing and from my comforter (it has holes in it, so the stuffing sometimes comes out) out of my hair with my bbb.