PDA

View Full Version : In need of a bit of encouragement

bikerblue
November 26th, 2008, 05:14 AM
Why do i do this? My hair gets to 26in and I trim it, I did it last night. Chopped off one inch (well my DH did because i asked him to) then wished I hadn't. I only want to get to 30in, that shouldn't be impossible should it? Feel quite sick with myself. Does anyone else do this?? :(

Chrissy
November 26th, 2008, 05:26 AM
Yes many times. You just have to realize that you want your hair to grow and stop trimming! It's as simple as that. Just look at my siggy and see how long it was. Then see how short it is now. You just have to stop cutting it. Sounds simplistic I know. It can be hard but it's all what you really want. Good luck to you.

Janka
November 26th, 2008, 05:31 AM
I didn't personally, but I let the hairdresser do so... I said "cut the damaged ends, like one centimeter or so"... And she cut like two inches (being 5 times the amount I allowed)...
I tried to comfort myself that the ends were indeed really damaged and that the hair looked much better... Next time, I'll try t explain micro-trimming to her and see if she still doesn't know how much a centimeter is... *grr*
But like you, I also thought how long my hair WOULD be if she didn't take so much off...
You are definitely not alone regretting a cut. But still, it wasn't a major cut. Depending on how your ends split (or don't split), it might have been the largest cut for a long time. Or set yourself a limit, like "I won't cut until (March/April/whatever date)", and tell your husband about it. I'm sure he will support you.

Curlsgirl
November 26th, 2008, 06:18 AM
Yes and I am at 30 inches which is the same I was last year because of it! I look at my ends and see that they are uneven (like just now) and have this urge to just trim a bit of that off and then end up 2 inches shorter. :mad: Not now though! I joined the no trims in 2009 and am starting early (a couple of weeks ago)!!!!

bikerblue
November 26th, 2008, 06:23 AM
Thank you all for your support, it's nice to know I'm not the only one Curlsgirl, that's me I've been growing to 30 inches for the last 3 years, going to join the no trim club too

Islandgrrl
November 26th, 2008, 06:43 AM
You can do it - maybe consider wearing it up most of the time to hide those ends. Out of sight, out of mind, you know? Reward yourself with a little treat for every month you stay away from the scissors!