PDA

View Full Version : From Hip length to chin length in mere seconds...

naomimcc
November 25th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Before:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/NaomiMcC/myhairOct2008-1.jpg

After:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/NaomiMcC/newhair2.jpg

:shock:

What do you all think? (And I want serious answers...if you don't like it...please say so!!!)

devs12
November 25th, 2008, 01:46 PM
wow,, you look gr8 .... may i know what made your hair short ;)

Lamb
November 25th, 2008, 01:50 PM
I think it looks really cute and sassy - but perhaps it is not so much the hair, but the fact that the second photo actually shows your face... :D
Anyway, I think it looks great on you. But I am curious - is it a new haircut or a wig? ;)

Anne~
November 25th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Cute! :applause

morguebabe
November 25th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Its hard to compare b/c one is face and one isn't

Jessikinz
November 25th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Well in the first picture your hair is lovely. In the second one, your hair is STILL lovely :) Cute style. What made you decide to go to that length?

CryssieWillow
November 25th, 2008, 01:55 PM
My honest opinion?
I think it is kinda... frilly and a little dull to be honest. Rather soccermom. If it would have been layered and flip-length I would be more enthusiastic.
But this is just my personal opinion because you asked for it. Please don't mind. :) The most important thing is that you are happy.

Julia K
November 25th, 2008, 01:58 PM
I think the bob is really cute! :bounce:

Did you change the color too? It looks lighter.

xrosiex
November 25th, 2008, 02:03 PM
It's hard to say one with and one without your face. I'm going to have to say I liked your long hair. But it's just my opinion. You do have a very pretty face:).

Chromis
November 25th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Not my taste (I dislike the wispy ends and how face-hugging it is), but it's your hair and your own world to decorate!

naomimcc
November 25th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Thank you all for your honesty...keep it coming!! :D

ClareDee
November 25th, 2008, 02:15 PM
I think it's fun and pretty :) But then I do like bobs - I had one for about two years but decided it's time for the longhair experience. Sometimes I miss that style, and maybe one day I might go back there. I'll never say never, anyway ;)
How do you feel about it?

prosperina
November 25th, 2008, 02:16 PM
I think it is super cute and not at all soccer mom. Very sassy and fun. However, since I currently want hair that's as long as yours was I still find myself thinking "OH NO! Your Hair!!" It's nice to have a change though, and I think this still is really young and fun. :flowers:

Silver & Gold
November 25th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Although that is a nifty trick . . . if you really want to impress me, go from chin-length to hip-length just that easily!

And then, pretty please, show me how. :pray:

naomimcc
November 25th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Although that is a nifty trick . . . if you really to impress me, go from chin-length to hip-length just that easily!

And then, pretty please, show me how. :pray:

Okay.
:smirk:

burns_erin
November 25th, 2008, 02:36 PM
It works with your face IMO, I bet it was a big shock though. I went from waist to a bob and it was a major change.

Silver & Gold
November 25th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Okay.
:smirk:

Please don't take too long, I await your instructions with abated breath. :face:

Samikha
November 25th, 2008, 02:41 PM
It looks lovely! So smooth and youthful, it really suits your face too - but of course what really does it is the smile :)
So, did you cut or not? And if you did cut, how do you make your hair lie down so smoothly?:confused:

naomimcc
November 25th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Please don't take too long, I await your instructions with abated breath. :face:

I just take this hair off.

:magic:

Isilme
November 25th, 2008, 02:46 PM
I think it looks very nice, but I must say I miss your long hair.

Jean_Grey
November 25th, 2008, 02:58 PM
I like the long hair, myself. Then again, why would I be here if I were a bob kind of gal? :P

Johanna64
November 25th, 2008, 02:58 PM
A bob is not my taste,but it's look good to you.

spidermom
November 25th, 2008, 03:03 PM
I'm not fond of the bob, and I am a big fan of long hair on you.

Silver & Gold
November 25th, 2008, 03:04 PM

*tugs furiously at own scalp in order to remove short hair and reveal the luxurious mane that lies underneath*

Ahem, might I borrow your magic wand . . . please?

Beatnik Guy
November 25th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Soccermum? :agree:

suicides_eve
November 25th, 2008, 03:25 PM
holy crap! I love it chick! I don't see "soccer mom" i see ":rockerdudrocker mom" with the nose ring:D

joyfulmom4
November 25th, 2008, 03:38 PM
I think it looks great on you. We couldn't see your face in the before pics though, so it's hard to compare. Obviously I'm a bigger fan of long hair, but whatever makes you happy. It is definitely a flattering style for your face shape and hair type.

katiana
November 25th, 2008, 03:42 PM
By looking at your face, I can imagine that the long hair would look really nice on you..the second pic is also nice..but it looks like a wig :) is the joke on us!

BlackfootHair
November 25th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Hmm...I'm guessing it's a wig.

MsBubbles
November 25th, 2008, 03:46 PM
The first pic of your long, gorgeous hair makes me yearn for mine to be that long and blunt-ended. I wish mine will look that good once it gets there (or if). So I'm not a fan of the bob, based on that, and also my own personal hair-baggage, such as the fact that I had that same bob hairstyle for about ten years as a young mother.

oh and the first pic...just wow, I hardly see any hair like that! Second style...meh,see 'em all the time.

naomimcc
November 25th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Hmm...I'm guessing it's a wig.

:whistle:

La la la

EvaSimone
November 25th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Personally I like the long hair better but the short hair cut does suit your face and gives you a "professional image"

Since you're asking for honesty I would say it's sort of a generic bob and not nearly as special as your long hair. But it's definitely a flattering cut for your face.

Lamb
November 25th, 2008, 04:22 PM

La la la

Thought so. :p
A pretty cute wig, actually. Good you don't have to cut your hair to get a new style!

Vitalai
November 25th, 2008, 04:30 PM
I'm not a fan of bobs, and of course love long hair!

joyfulmom4
November 25th, 2008, 04:49 PM

La la la

Aha. Wig is it then? It's a good-looking wig.

If I wanted to try out short hair, that would definitely be the way to go. :D

jera
November 25th, 2008, 05:30 PM
In mere seconds???:confused: It's a wig isn't it. The title must be the giveaway. Any cut by a pro would take longer than seconds.

You've got such a pretty face anyway it doesn't matter much, but as I'm a diehard LH fanatic, in my mind's eye I see it framed by classic length goddess hair.

You must tell us how you did that in mere seconds. My curiosity is peeked. :o

Darkhorse1
November 25th, 2008, 05:52 PM
I think the color is a bit too light for your face, and a tad too short. I think if you went above or below your jaw line, it would flatter your jaw better. You have a lovely long neck, so you can get away with short.

It's a wig--they cut them with those 'softer' ends to mask the over bluntness. I find that it's covering too much of your face--can you take a photo of your hair like that with it away from your face? And a face photo of you with your long hair?

lora410
November 25th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Oh, thank god it was a WIG :thud: I must be nice though because you can change it up without cutting :D

Chrissy
November 25th, 2008, 06:23 PM
How did you fit all of your hair under there? I've always wanted to try a wig just for fun. Especially since I'm at the icky growing out phase. OK so fess up!!! I personally like the long hair better. It is beautiful! The "wig" hair is cute for a fun change.

SO IT BETTER BE A WIG!!! :) Ok? :P

Demetrue
November 25th, 2008, 06:54 PM
I think the short hair cut is adorable, but I hope it's a wig so you can still have your beautiful long hair as well.

skay
November 25th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Before:

After:

:shock:

What do you all think? (And I want serious answers...if you don't like it...please say so!!!)

Hm, is it already April Fool's Day in Canada? ;)

Ok, I'll play...

Well, first to answer your question:

I think it's a great cut! I like the wispiness of the hair on the ends and at the bangs (fringe for our UK brothers/sisters) and how the front is longer than the back. It's a nice "soft" cut -- not helmet-like at all.

Disclaimer: It's definitely a different "feel" and lifestyle from long hair though.

That said...

Hmmm...perhaps that's your sister or relative/friend ... or evil twin ;)

Hmm...yeah...

The 1st picture: no face.
The 2nd picture: face.

Let's see...the average LHCer doesn't show their face in close-up photos so it couldn't be you...

Yes, that's it.

It all makes sense now. :D

How did I do? :cool: ;)

mrs carol
November 25th, 2008, 08:29 PM
your hair is a really pretty color. I personally like long hair. But all that really matters is if you are happy with your do.

Carolyn
November 25th, 2008, 08:42 PM
When I first saw the short hair, I thought THAT'S A WIG. Very soccermommy.

invisiblebabe
November 25th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Its hard to compare b/c one is face and one isn't

Yep, I can't tell which I like best because I can't see your face with your long hair, so it is hard to see which style does more for your face shape and features.

LOL nice wig though ^_^ You still make me want to see your face with the long hair! Show your face with your real hair, I demand! ;)

aragorn
November 25th, 2008, 08:53 PM
I know you've been thinking about cutting it for awhile. It wouldn't surprise me if this was a test to see if you'd like it. I hope it is a wig.

spidermom
November 25th, 2008, 08:58 PM
I remember a thread launched by you (if memory serves, and sometimes it doesn't) titled something like "if one more person says I'm going to cut my hair after the baby is born..."

Rose J.
November 25th, 2008, 09:08 PM
So is it a wig? Tell us! I didn't think of it at first, but now that someone else mentioned it, I guess it dose look kinda like a wig. :D

SearMeCarefully
November 25th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Lol I love wigs! I have two, brown and a silver one (who waits for their own hair to turn silver? pfaa!) they're so fun and allows for a bit of a fun change now and then - thats a really good looking one too!

naomimcc
November 25th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Yes...it's a wig. I could never cut my hair. I start to hyperventilate when I overlythink it. So...woot woot to Ebay baby! :D

Carina
November 25th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Phew thank god for that.I think you have amazing hair and I almost screamed when I saw that pic of you in a bob.EEEeeekkkk.Now I know what to do if I want to go short for one day only;).

nastasska
November 26th, 2008, 01:22 AM
I think that's another one for my Wig Spotters Badge;)

Seriously I like it but I think it would look better tipping your shoulders:)

DecafJane
November 26th, 2008, 01:29 AM
I want one, too! :D :D :D
That would be a brilliant way to get straight hair and save your hair from the straightener, too. :)

It was the cheeky grin on your face that gave the wig away. ;)

Debra83
November 26th, 2008, 01:43 AM
Oh, THANK GOD!

The "cut" looks alright on you though, but all I could think of is all that hair on some salon floor...sniff....and then a few weeks (?) later...the regret.

florenonite
November 26th, 2008, 03:10 AM
Hm, is it already April Fool's Day in Canada? ;)

Well, y'know, we have snow year-round in Canada, and because of the lack of distinct seasons sometimes forget what the date is, so we just have April Fools' Day whenever we want. :p

An alternative explanation could be that April Fools' Day is, historically, called such because the first of April was the start of the New Year in Europe, and when it changed to 1 January there were those who still celebrated it on 1 April, and so they were the April Fools. Perhaps the start of the New Year in Canada was formerly at the end of November, before the Europeans arrived, and therefore we had fools who still celebrated it in November. Hence, "November Fools".

Yeah, I'm procrastinating, how did you guess?

On the "cut" itself. It's cute and suits you, but is a wee bit bland and ordinary. I'm glad you didn't really cut your gorgeous hair!

brok3nwings
November 26th, 2008, 06:17 AM
I hate when people do this!!! I was starting to feel really sad about your poor pretty hair gonne!!! And your natural colour is so much prettier than the wig i must say :D but if it was real i would tell you nicelly... i like the long hair, but your face is really cute so .. lol im glad your hormones didnt make you go insane :P

Hatsumomo
November 26th, 2008, 06:20 AM
Hahaha sorry I'm just loving the amount of people quietly freaking out but not realising it's a wig.

I like the long hair, the wig-style is very....normal and boring. The long hair is different and not a lot of people (well in the real world) can say they have real, attractive, long hair.

Sherri
November 26th, 2008, 06:44 AM

It's fun to play dress up. I think it looked really cute on you. I really used to love bob hairstyles though. I have had many of them through the years. wish I could post some pics. Maybe one of these days I will upgrade and get a scanner. lol

JessTheMess
November 26th, 2008, 06:45 AM
Well, not that the short cut looked bad on you, but your long hair is so gorgeous!!!! I was seriously sad inside when I read the title. :takes big sigh of relief: I think I want to go out and buy a few wigs now for when I get them urges:D

Alana2000
November 26th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Off Topic.. is it just me or is Bill looking really old?

naomimcc
November 26th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Ha! that's funny...I posted the pix on facebook too and about 3 of my friends noticed Clinton in the background too!!! LMAO!!!

Euphony
November 26th, 2008, 08:05 AM
I think the look was cute, but it might be more because the adorable grin on your face. I think the long hair suits you much better. My only question is, where did you put all your hair?

jera
November 26th, 2008, 08:27 AM
I'm glad to hear it's just a wig and kudos to you for choosing that way to change your style without doing something permanent and regretable to your gorgeous long hair. ;)

I'd recommend the same for anyone seriously considering chopping off their long tresses. I did the same thing a few years ago when I wanted a stylish new shorter look. All my friends told me it was very unflattering and that they liked my long hair better. I was sooo glad it was just a wig !! :D Sometimes you don't realize how much people like your long hair until you change it. :)

Hooray for your long hair. This calls for the cheese celebration.

:cheese:

Anne~
November 26th, 2008, 08:35 AM
LMAO good one, and it did look nice.

So remember everyone, this is the internet you can be anyone or anthing you want to be! ;)

Periwinkle
November 26th, 2008, 08:39 AM
That looks so realistic for a wig!

I think it looks great - maybe you should wear it every day until your hair is dragging on the floor behind you and then take it off to surprise everyone :D

ImmortaLamia
November 26th, 2008, 08:43 AM
I'm gonna say the truth and only the thruth here, no offence to anyone.
I don't expect to enter lhc threads and see short lenght hair, it's called long hair community as far as i know, sorry but i hate to see this i really do, i love long hair that's why I am here.
I'm not gonna change and cut it!
So my honest opinion and the conclusion is that i don't like short hair.

GlennaGirl
November 26th, 2008, 08:49 AM
That is an incredibly realistic-looking wig. Very nice!

xrosiex
November 26th, 2008, 03:22 PM
I'm glad to hear it's a wig. Your hair is beautiful.

HairColoredHair
November 26th, 2008, 03:27 PM
I think it's cute, I think... but too light in color.

Maybe a darker wig? :D Red?

zift
November 26th, 2008, 03:34 PM
I'm relieved to read it's a wig because I honestly didn't like it. Your long hair's just awesome:rockerdud

justgreen
November 26th, 2008, 04:09 PM
I love your hair and am glad you didn't cut it. The wig was simply adorable and how fun!

ImmortaLamia I'm gonna say the truth and only the thruth here, no offence to anyone.
I don't expect to enter lhc threads and see short lenght hair, it's called long hair community as far as i know, sorry but i hate to see this i really do, i love long hair that's why I am here.
I'm not gonna change and cut it!
So my honest opinion and the conclusion is that i don't like short hair.

Even though the name of this forum is The Long Hair Community.....it's a friends haven and all hair lengths are welcome.

waidz
November 26th, 2008, 04:38 PM
How did you fit all your hair into that wig?
Personally I hate bobs - It makes anyone look like they gained weight - haven't met anyone it suits.
Your long hair is absolutely gorgeous, I would never cut it into a boring bob !

SimplyLonghair
November 26th, 2008, 04:57 PM
It's really very interesting the way that people look at things. My DD wore her bobbed wig for Halloween and no one recognized her. Then they all kept saying that she needed to trim her hair to that. And her hair was classic at the time. She has since trimmed back to 30 inches that is about tb for her so no fairytale ends. She uses the wig when she wants a change so it is all just fun to us, but some of the people at work were almost mean about it. :rolleyes: Oh well. I love your long look and the short look is good for a change, just not a permenent one. IMHO

NeilTheFuzz
November 26th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Wow! That's one first transformation. Your hair looks a lot like my girlfriends used to. I really like it. I think your long hair was really cool but I do prefer your hair the way you have it now. :D

Neil

Sharon
November 26th, 2008, 06:54 PM
I like the bob. On you anyways. Glad it's a wig though. My hair's growning out from what is known as a A-line bob. I regret having it cut now.

wintersun99
November 26th, 2008, 06:59 PM
When I first saw the short hair, I thought THAT'S A WIG. Very soccermommy.

Yep, me too. :p

Addy
November 26th, 2008, 08:07 PM
When I first saw your pics, I had to jack my jaw up off the key board!

I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Thank goodness it's only a wig! WHEW! :D You had me for a minute!

naomimcc
November 26th, 2008, 09:18 PM
It's funny all these soccer mom comments...I am a soccer mom!!! And a basketball mom too. LMAO!

lawyermom
November 26th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Some of us have bobs because we have no choice until it grows (I couldn't let my short hair grow out too shaggy - I have a job where I have to appear in front of people). If I weren't relatively confident, I'd feel mighty low right now with all the "they're ugly and boring," not to mention hearing that I apparently look fat, too, because those in my state just can't help but look like we've gained weight. YIKES!

By the way OP, your real hair is beautiful :)

sahiba
November 26th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Yes...it's a wig. I could never cut my hair. I start to hyperventilate when I overlythink it. So...woot woot to Ebay baby! :D

That was neat. :bounce: I frankly liked your beautiful long hair but the second picture was a heart attack :scared: I have nothing against short hair .I just cannot take beautiful hair being chopped.:?

hipmama1970
November 27th, 2008, 04:28 AM
How did you get all that hair under a wig? Wow!

I like both 'dos :)

elrowiel
November 27th, 2008, 04:44 AM
From the first second I saw the picture with the short hair I was sure it's a wig.
But I frightened somewhat that I was wrong. :rolleyes:
Glad that I was right.

I like bobs but to be honest I don't like the look of that bob.
But I don't have to wear it. ;)

It's funny to read how many people almost got a heart attack. :p

Stevy
November 27th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Wow, that's an impressively real-looking wig!

marajade
November 27th, 2008, 10:09 AM
:cheese: I'm glad it was just a wig. . .the color was pretty close but did give it away. ;)

missbexy
November 27th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Haha love the wig. I have a couple myself, but I never wear them normally, would be fun but so much hassle to explain to people. I've got a purple bob, a short black and blue wig, a long black one with red highlights and a big black curly one. I can barely hide my no-where-near-as-long-as-your-hair-hair in them i'm impressed you could get hip length under a bob wig!

Tap Dancer
November 27th, 2008, 04:15 PM
I think it's cute! (I got my hair cut into a chin length bob earlier this month.) :)

ladyfairington
November 27th, 2008, 05:07 PM
ooh, that looks fantastic on you!

i don't know if you've seen twilight, but there's this girl in there named alice and she has short hair like that, but with the ends flipped out and every which way.

ever since seeing her, i've been fascinated with short hair.

i'm so torn.

but it looks great on you, it brings out your lovely features. <3!

BetterInBlue
November 27th, 2008, 05:18 PM
I actually really like the short "cut." It looks great on you. I don't know you managed to get all of your hair up into that wig!

I've been wearing my hair in a bob for the past two years. I like it in that it's less hair to deal with - I get sinus headaches, and I swear long hair made them even worse, esp. when worn up (I preferred wearing my hair up most of the time when it was long). I've found short hair actually requires more styling time, though, and if it's not styled just right, it looks... bad. I had decided to grow out, but now your pic is making me go back to debating again. :p I have to remember that my short hair will never look that perfect and straight - maybe I need a wig!

Peter
November 27th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Haha very cool, both cuts look great!

memee1978
November 27th, 2008, 05:24 PM
i think i jusr cried for you!!!oh my!!!!!:confused: but it looks nice!!!!!:)

Pegasus Marsters
November 27th, 2008, 05:39 PM
I think it's super cute! :face: Love it!

ETA: This teaches me not to read the whole thread. That's an awesome wig.

willowcandra
November 30th, 2008, 06:13 AM
Oh thank goodness it was a wig. Even though you look good with short hair, you look extra specially fab with long hair.

In my own unneccesary opinion -longer is nearly(usually) always better:).

soccer mum? I have no idea but crowd camouflage for sure.

GlassEyes
November 30th, 2008, 07:33 AM
I really didn't think it made you look like a soccer mom...Granted, I like the long hair too, but I didn't think 'soccer mom' when I saw it.

Ryanne
November 30th, 2008, 10:00 AM
I'm not really fond of the bob, I like your long hair better.
A great wig though.

enitsirk
November 30th, 2008, 11:51 AM
I spotted that it was a wig right away :p

Though I have to ask the question (which has been asked but as far as I can tell, not answered) - how did you fit your hair under it? I've tried playing with wigs before but can't get my hair to sit nicely under it.

truepeacenik
November 30th, 2008, 12:49 PM
it needs some manic panic. :D

and how did you get the hair underneath (and is it comfortable?)

naomimcc
December 1st, 2008, 11:31 AM
Getting my hair under was actually quite easy. I made a 'wigcap' out of an old pair of pantyhose, wrapped my hair around my head, put the wigcap on and then the wig. And it stayed. While it's a bit warm it really was quite comfortable :D Of course, my hair is quite thin so that helps too :P

DarkChocolate
December 2nd, 2008, 09:05 AM
Another thank God that it was a wig comment:)
I think your hair is amazing:)
I am glad that didn't cut it however playing with wigs is fun:)

Nic's
December 2nd, 2008, 09:18 AM
I think that looks real cute. Nice to have some fun once in a while

GibsonGirlV
December 2nd, 2008, 05:36 PM
It looks wonderful!!!!