PDA

View Full Version : Unrealistic View of Hair...

Raven69
November 25th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Inspired by the previous two threads "unrealistic...'...'.", the below article came from Cosmopolitan, so of course its related to...:

What Your Hair Says About You

Pulled Back in a Ponytail

While it seems like an innocent schoolyard do, ponytail wearers tend to be surprisingly bold between the sheets. "In fact, pulling your hair away from your eyes rather than hiding behind it indicates sexual self-confidence," says Ian Kerner, PhD, author of Be Honest — You're Not That into Him Either.

Superstyled — Even at Home

If you always look like you just stepped out of the salon even when you're home alone, you love order and consistency in all of your personal encounters. In fact, says Alan Pease, author of Body Language, you may be happiest when you're orchestrating an erotic encounter rather than following his lead.

Wild and Free Hair

Loving your hair's untamed state is a sign that you're comfortable in your own skin. "You're likely to be relaxed about life, love and sex," says Kerner. "You'll let yourself go in bed without fear of getting mussed up." You're happy to do the deed wherever you get the erotic urge.

Thrown Up in a Messy Bun

Chances are, you crave glamour in the boudoir. And, says Pease, bun girls really enjoy male attention. "The neck is the most sexual part of a woman's body, so exposing it is a subconscious way of flirting and showing you're available," he notes. Your ideal warm-up includes sipping drinks in a petal-strewn tub and kissing on satin sheets.

(Thrown up in a messy bun...is me - but not the description - or reasoning they give!) Here's the link: http://www.cosmopolitan.com/style/hairstyles/what-hair-says

Periwinkle
November 25th, 2008, 12:11 PM
So whatever your hairstyle, you're great in bed :rolleyes:

I think that yes, I would definitely describe my 15-year-old ex-pony-addict self as particularly brilliant between the sheets. Clearly, after 10+ years of pony-wearing, I have it down pat ;) What a brilliant and accurate article!

(never mind how uncomfortable it is to lie on a ponytail!)

MadHatter
November 25th, 2008, 12:13 PM
"The neck is the most sexual part of a woman's body

Heheheh, I'd have to disagree w/ him :D

wintersun99
November 25th, 2008, 12:15 PM
...(never mind how uncomfortable it is to lie on a ponytail!)

:spitting:

Gothic Lolita
November 25th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Intersting. I wear all of these styles (I'm not super groomed at home, but I look after myself), and the boys must basically line up. Why is that only my boyfriend ever comes around?! (And then statrs complaining that I spent so much time with hair things)

I guess I do something wrong. Damn

prosperina
November 25th, 2008, 02:12 PM
I've heard a couple of guys say that they think that exposed neck shoulder curve is a turn on. However, I get way more attention when my hair is down. Silly Cosmo. Men shouldn't write articles like this; they think everything's about sex even when it's not. :p

Although at least the writer tried to come up with something positive for women who wear buns....

NiAosSi
November 25th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Yeah... I'm a messy bun girl....RAWR!

vamq
November 25th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Haha, I love this kind of nonsense.

But it's indeed nice to see that they say something positive about buns. I wear my hair in a bun almost every day and people at work and at school always say I look like a librarian.
And they don't mean it in a good way -_-'

Eryka
November 25th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Long hair has been as much an inhibitor to sex as much as a catalyst. Past a certain length you have to worry about sitting/kneeling on it, not to mention the whispies getting stuck to anything sweaty. :rolleyes:

suicides_eve
November 25th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Silly Cosmo. Men shouldn't write articles like this; they think everything's about sex even when it's not. :p

lol i second that.

as for the wild and free thing
"You're happy to do the deed wherever you get the erotic urge."

LOL never done it at a supermarket before.. so it can't be all true:cheese:

suicides_eve
November 25th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Long hair has been as much an inhibitor to sex as much as a catalyst. Past a certain length you have to worry about sitting/kneeling on it, not to mention the whispies getting stuck to anything sweaty. :rolleyes:

:spitting:
nothing like a " oh ouch, let me get my hair" moment

Friesiangirl
November 25th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Here's something- those who love themselves, are best at loving. One who loves themselves, takes good care of their hair.

So a healthy person, is a loving person. Or, at least by my logic.

Hayley

Darkhorse1
November 25th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Cosmo has gotten wayy too focused on sex. I mean, there is a lot more to life than sex. ;)

Magicknthenight
November 25th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Stupid articles.
Oh and i went to that site. Look at what i found :rant:
"How Long is Too Long?

Have you ever seen a woman whose hair was so crazy-long, that you wished you had a pair of scissors on you so you could chop it off? That was my initial reaction to this photo of the lovely Amy Adams. Then I realized that I was just jealous of her shiny, thick Rapunzel-length locks. According to experts, everyone’s hair stops growing at a particular length depending on their genes. But that begs the question, just because your mane can make it past the two-foot mark, does that mean you should go for it? In other words, how long is too long?"

GRR:mad::mad: what the hell? you wish you had a pair of scissors to chop it all off?!?!?!
That is crazy. And these "beauty secrets" are bleh. You can't tell these things from how a person wears an up-do. And then i saw that comment about the hair! Ah well. I haven't read a magazine in the longest time. :karma:

joyfulmom4
November 25th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Stupid articles.
Oh and i went to that site. Look at what i found :rant:
"How Long is Too Long?

Have you ever seen a woman whose hair was so crazy-long, that you wished you had a pair of scissors on you so you could chop it off? That was my initial reaction to this photo of the lovely Amy Adams. Then I realized that I was just jealous of her shiny, thick Rapunzel-length locks. According to experts, everyone’s hair stops growing at a particular length depending on their genes. But that begs the question, just because your mane can make it past the two-foot mark, does that mean you should go for it? In other words, how long is too long?"

GRR:mad::mad: what the hell? you wish you had a pair of scissors to chop it all off?!?!?!
That is crazy. And these "beauty secrets" are bleh. You can't tell these things from how a person wears an up-do. And then i saw that comment about the hair! Ah well. I haven't read a magazine in the longest time. :karma:

Notice that right after the "so crazy long you want to cut it off" comment, the author admits to being JEALOUS of her long locks. But then she goes right back to suggesting that a certain length is "too long".

Too long for what? For other women to be comfortable around and not feel jealous???

joyfulmom4
November 25th, 2008, 07:17 PM
So whatever your hairstyle, you're great in bed :rolleyes:

I think that yes, I would definitely describe my 15-year-old ex-pony-addict self as particularly brilliant between the sheets. Clearly, after 10+ years of pony-wearing, I have it down pat ;) What a brilliant and accurate article!

(never mind how uncomfortable it is to lie on a ponytail!)

BWAHAHAHAHA! :rollin:

Braids are far more comfortable. But not until you're older please! ;)

RavennaNight
November 25th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Hmmm.... I wonder if thats why DH likes ponytails... Sorry TMI. Interesting article, though. The "super-styled" one was funny.

RavennaNight
November 25th, 2008, 07:48 PM

Hahahahaha.... Nothings worse than when it gets pinned underneath and pulls the head back. OUCH MOODBREAKER!

Buddaphlyy
November 25th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Cosmo has good articles on how to apply eye makeup. I would never take their advice on how to do my hair or what it means when I do do it.

BTW, I wanted to buy their version of the Kama Sutra (sp), but I can't find it anywhere.

DecafJane
November 25th, 2008, 08:29 PM
The Alan Pease books are ridiculous and serve only to reinforce ridiculous gender stereotypes. That is all. ;)

Janka
November 26th, 2008, 05:21 AM
Oh, then I am a case for a psychiatric ;)
I wear all the mentioned styles, depending on mood and time...
But then, as someone else commented, either way, I am good in bed :eyebrows:
But such articles only make me smile... it's like all those "personality tests", where every type is great... When I read such articles, it's only for amusement.