PDA

View Full Version : Decreased hair growth.

BlackfootHair
November 25th, 2008, 11:46 AM
So...when I lived with my sister I took hair vitamins not much different than the ones I take now. I took the iron free ones and took a separate iron suppliment. I colored my hair with a demi permanent every two weeks (had to). I drank lots of coffee. Ate pretty much just soba noodles with lots of butter and Lawery's seasoning salt. Soba noodles are made of buckwheat flour. I was a layabout, spent a lot of time laying in bed watching Hindi movies and playing with/oiling my hair.

I was getting an inch a month.

Now I eat more variety of foods, take a hair vitamin with enough iron, flaxseed oil, and biotin. I've started to take a protein drink everyday. I use only henna once a month. Don't oil my hair with a deep treatment like I used too...Somewhat more active, don't drink as much coffee. I take OTL bc.

Now I get 1/2 inch a month. I doubt the bc really has done it. Is it because I'm not using chemicals anymore? I would wash my hair in the sink and rinse for a really long time. Is that what did it? I mean, there is 1/2 inch difference! :( and it makes me so sad since I am so impatient. And I don't think it's breakage because I've monitored the non hennaed at the roots. My white hairs seem to have no problem shooting out of my head. haha. So what gives??? Do I just need to wash my hair in the sink everyday? I was actually going to start doing this every morning anyway so my hair has time to dry before I go bouncing out the door. What say ye? hehe :D

Laila23
November 25th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Can you change your supplements back and spend more time oiling/playing with your hair? Or maybe it's a phase? Good luck !

spidermom
November 25th, 2008, 01:28 PM
My hair growth varies so much that I can't tell you what's normal. I've gotten no growth some months and 1-1/2 inch other months. I think you're probably just varying around the normal range.

Julia K
November 25th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Could it have to do with the seasons, also? I wouldn't be surprised if some people's hair grew slower in the colder months.

BlackfootHair
November 25th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Well even in the cold seasons I would get one inch. I don't know if it had to do with the humid climate out there? It was always raining. Hmm. I shall to oil my hair more. I was doing it about an hour before I washed my hair. Then with all the oil in my hair I had to spend more time trying to wash it out. Maybe massaging the scalp really does make a difference.

I will compare the old vitamins to the current vitamins later and see if there is a nutritional difference. HHMMMMMMM.

Aisha25
November 25th, 2008, 03:23 PM
I think its the oiling and hindi movies that made such great growth:wink:

suicides_eve
November 25th, 2008, 03:40 PM
are you under any stress ( who isn't?)? that could effect growth too. it has for me like when i was trying to grow my pixie out i was geeking out about it growing that it actually making it grow slower. I chilled and got focused on other things (hard, i know) but now it is non stop growing

AutumnLeaves
November 25th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Your hair just looks so healthy to me! I think whatever you are doing is doing nice things for your hair!

BlackfootHair
November 25th, 2008, 04:01 PM
yeah, I am under quite the bit of stress...had a panic attack in my sleep the other night. My grandma just passed away a week ago...and I was working a job I absolutely hated before I finally quit. Perhaps more jasmine tea is in order? haha

I didn't really have too much stress at my sister's. Now I have a better job, but I have some plans coming up that inflict a little bit of stress (but also tons of excitement.)

Curlsgirl
November 25th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Stress can affect SO many different things it is amazing. I think that along with what others have said about the rate of growth simply varying is most likely what it is. I wouldn't not worry about it. Try to minimize the stress and keep doing the right things otherwise. Sorry about the passing of your grandmother :hugs:

Speckla
November 25th, 2008, 04:24 PM
How long ago? I've heard that hair grows fastest between late teens/early 20's. And slows down towards mid 20's.
________
Jugallette (http://juggalos.org/)

BlackfootHair
November 25th, 2008, 04:54 PM
It was just two years ago...Then I moved to Iowa...

Speckla
November 25th, 2008, 05:01 PM
could be stress
I hope things even out for you soon.
________
Volcano Digital Review (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/volcano)

BlackfootHair
November 26th, 2008, 06:37 AM
Well, I have Hesh Jasmine hair oil on my head right now...so fragrant! MMMMMM. It's so relaxing. I love the scent! Thankfully it's a very large bottle. Anywho, I'm going to try to do this every morning. Took my protein this morning again. Also looked at my vitamins. They're Origin Multi vitamins for her. I'll have to do some extensive search and comparing. :)

Deborah
November 26th, 2008, 12:04 PM
I don't know what OTL bc means, but if it is a birth control pill, I have read that they can cause negative changes in hair growth. Perhaps another method might be better for you, something not involving chemical changes to your whole body.

BlackfootHair
November 26th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Yes, OTL bc is Ortho Tricyclin Lo birth control. I take it because it has the lowest amount of hormones. :) I shall drink more liquid and hope this helps as well. I'm also thinking of switching vitamins when these are gone.