PDA

View Full Version : One year's growth - VERY SLOW!

Demetrue
November 24th, 2008, 06:55 PM
http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/oo102/Demetrue/hairprogress1.jpg
July 2007

http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/oo102/Demetrue/hairprogress.jpg
August 2008

http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/oo102/Demetrue/hairprogressIII.jpg
Nov 2008 after 1 inch trim and catnip/cassia treatment

Curlsgirl
November 24th, 2008, 07:41 PM
It doesn't look that slow to me! It was VERY short to begin with after all! Good growing and pretty hair! Thanks for sharing! :cheese:

Lamb
November 24th, 2008, 07:45 PM
I agree, not slow at all. :) Don't forget you started out from a pixie! You already have very nice, soft waves.

utdesertrunner
November 24th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Yes, and a very pretty color too!

morguebabe
November 24th, 2008, 08:04 PM
It's not slow. When my hair hit hip length, one year later it was an inch after hip. I hit a really good stopping point. if you think it's growing slowly, take some Biotin and jump start that growth, but I don't think it's that slow at all.

Demetrue
November 24th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Thanks - the color is from coloring over the silver/white hair coming in. I just stopped using permanent color and am starting catnip tea treatments and cassia masks. I have no idea what it's going to look like when the white roots start coming in. I just took another photo after the catnip/cassia treatment and half an inch trim. I'll try to upload it tonight.

Demetrue
November 24th, 2008, 08:36 PM
November 2008 after 1 inch trim across back, catnip and cassia treatment. Notice the touch of white at the part - the entire front half of my hair is probably that color white - I'm just going to let it grow in and see what happens!
PS It feels so much smoother and substantial after the treatments - I'm very happy so far with catnip and cassia!

http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/oo102/Demetrue/hairprogressIII.jpg

spidermom
November 24th, 2008, 08:48 PM
You're doing well. Patience.

sahiba
November 24th, 2008, 11:20 PM
That's slow? Have you seen the pictures? Its a nice ,steady and healthy growth. And you are doing pretty well.

ItalianFlower
November 24th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Looks very nice. And remember: average rate of hair growth is about 1/2 inch a month, and if you've been trimming frequently you obviously wont gain as much...and that you'll always go through spurts and stalls. :) Just enjoy it at each stage, because part of the fun is the journey.

Arctic_Mama
November 25th, 2008, 12:38 AM
That actually looks like greater-than-average growth - maybe eight inches or so counting the one you cut off? You're doing GREAT, but the first year or two feels really slow - it's amazing how long it can take hair just to reach the shoulder blades, but this next year you should start to feel longer as it heads for APL. Your hair is lovely, just be patient with it - long hair is definitely a journey more than a destination!

winter_star
November 25th, 2008, 01:20 AM
I agree with everyone else. your hair was very short to begin with. Your hair looks much healthier and you have some lovely waves growing too.

Miss_Muffet
November 25th, 2008, 01:38 AM
I think it looks great! My hair was almost that short when I started growing again. It seemed like it barely grew at all that first year. But once I got to shoulder length, it has felt so much longer. Before you know it your hair will finally feel long to you too!

Chrissy
November 25th, 2008, 04:21 AM
I agree it has grown a lot! It was very short to start with and now you have some really nice waves. It looks great!!!

Aditi
November 25th, 2008, 04:36 AM
That's slow? Have you seen the pictures? Its a nice ,steady and healthy growth. And you are doing pretty well.
I definitely agree with you. Thanks for sharing.

DavidN
November 25th, 2008, 05:00 AM
Your hair IS growing, Demetrue, and it is shiny and healthy and has the most beautiful colour. Try not to get discouraged!

Demetrue
November 25th, 2008, 06:07 AM
Thanks for all your kind supportive replies!! My new mantra will be "YES - it really IS growing!"

paper
November 25th, 2008, 06:20 AM
Yes, it sure has grown! Pretty color, shine and waves. I look forward to watching your progress. Good luck!

Ryanne
November 25th, 2008, 08:50 AM
It has grown a lot, and looks lovely too.

Tressie
November 25th, 2008, 09:14 AM
I don't think that's slow growth at all! It looks great and your routine seems to be working wonderfully well! Keep it up!! (o:

LutraLutra
November 25th, 2008, 11:32 AM
I think you're doing great, and I agree that the first year of growing out really short hair feels like a lifetime. It gets better soon, promise. :) I'm thinking of trying cassia myself, so good to hear it works for you.

Johanna64
November 25th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Your hair looks great!!
And it sure has grown :inlove: I like the color.

Julia K
November 25th, 2008, 01:43 PM
I also really like your color! Congrats on getting so far!

suicides_eve
November 25th, 2008, 03:43 PM
i'm gonna echo what others have said it looks great and you definitely got some growth going on

girlcat36
November 25th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Congrats! Keep going!

skay
November 25th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Lookin' good!

You're look has changed quite a bit already.

You had short, straight hair and now you have soft, wavy hair growing. You're getting there! :)

goldenwaves
November 26th, 2008, 05:58 AM
I think it looks lovely! I love the colour, and it's really grown into a nice shape. Keep it up!

brok3nwings
November 26th, 2008, 06:07 AM
Oh you have such a lovely hair! I think it has grown a lot not just a bit, the thing is, as already been told, you started with a pixie... if you want my personal opinion about your hair colour i like more the natural one on you, but i dont think you should listen to me. I am too young and probably still in love with the charm of pale/white hair. If you love it thats the only thing that matters! Congratulations on your anniversary !!!

Demetrue
November 26th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement! I definitely feel more encouraged now ;>) My next hurdle will be allowing all the silver/white to start growing in. I will continue to use the catnip and cassia to try to blend in the line of demarcation for a while. If I can get a few inches of natural white to grow in, I can kind of guage what it will look like. I'm definitely nervous, since I have never let the gray show because I was afraid of looking older - our American culture does not seem to honor old age, and older women do not seem to be valued for the most part, but I just want to take the plunge!

brok3nwings
November 26th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Demetrue your hair colour is a very light one so there wont be much of a shock IMO, i think it will be beautiful :) in people with dark hair the whites and greys are more noticeble. Its adorable too but many people dont get used to it.. i think in your case it wont be that hard. But whatever you do you have a really nice hair so you should be happy anyway

MissHair
November 26th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Not slow at all, happy growing, its gonna look so good on you.

zift
November 26th, 2008, 03:36 PM
What I see is nice progress not slow growth;)

jojo
November 26th, 2008, 04:29 PM
great growth, dont be too hard on yourself from little acorns and all that!

joyfulmom4
November 26th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Very nice. And I like the color after cassia.

While it may feel slow, at least you get a chance to grow your hair from the start using very good haircare and maintaining the healthiest hair. :)

Keep growing. :cheer: