PDA

View Full Version : Distilled water rinse

atlantaz3
November 23rd, 2008, 08:35 PM
I read somewhere in one of the threads about using distilled water for a final rinse. I tried it and I was pleasantly surprised at the difference. My ends are much less fuzzy - of course it could have been the coldness of that final rinse and I did mix with vinegar. I'll keep this up until I use up the gallon I bought and as long as I can stand the freeze! I need to find a squirt bottle to warm up in the shower. Thanks again LHC!

nayver
November 24th, 2008, 03:03 AM
Yes, distilled water is amazing. I use it when I decide to go curly and I spray some of distilled water to intensified curls. I'm trying today as a final rinse with ACV.

rymorg2
November 24th, 2008, 04:58 AM
I hardly ever use ACV anymore....just my DW, an occasional conditioner, and distilled water and oils. My hair care is very easygoing and simple now. I LOVE distilled water rinses! :D

CurlyOne
November 24th, 2008, 08:04 AM
I like using distilled as a rinse too, I think the fact that it is cold really makes my hair happy. You may want to look into getting a filter, it would save money and plastic. I bought a Brita filter for about $20 and it came with the first filter. You change the filter every 2 months and in the mean time you all the free and seriously yummy water you want.

Magicknthenight
June 27th, 2011, 09:07 PM
I'm glad I found this thread! :D My hair was so soft at DBF's house because they have better water then my place. 1 wash at mine and it was dramatically dryer. I would buy a filter but I'm not here much and I have a jug of distilled water I would put in spritzer bottles for hair stuff. I'm not sure if I'm going to try to wash my hair with it completely or just do a final rinse. I'm not sure gallon is enough for my hair...Still I guess we'll see :D. I'm glad to know that's why it acts funny here...but i wish it were something easier to fix. A 1 time thing instead of something constant you know. I'm going back to his house soon so i can just wash it there more..but I'm hoping this distilled water helps. This thread is kind of old. Hopefully this will kind of revive it a little. Theirs probably new experiences with people using distilled water.

Laurenji
June 27th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Hmmm...distilled water would be a little expensive to start rinsing my hair with. But I may start trying to use filtered water. See if it makes any difference.

Magicknthenight
June 28th, 2011, 12:12 AM
Hmmm...distilled water would be a little expensive to start rinsing my hair with. But I may start trying to use filtered water. See if it makes any difference.

I got a gallon at price chopper for like 99 cents. Their were some that were more expensive but it didn't really bother me. I remember it because I was surprised that it was cheaper then the school water bottles. I didn't think the brands would make too much of a difference. I would use my brita filter but I'm pretty sure its way ready to be replaced. Let me know how it goes :D