PDA

View Full Version : Dark spot

Elainehali
November 23rd, 2008, 07:26 PM
I used to dye my hair with chemical dyes. Now that I've stoped using chemical dyes I've got a very dark patch of hair growing in.

I'm not sure if I should let it continue to grow in, or dye that patch of hair to be daker to match the roots.

Right now I have henna over many chemical processes, but my ends match my roots pretty well--except for the spot.

I have bangs right now, and I'm concerned my spot will look kinda silly if I've got half my bangs considerably darker than the other half.

Thoughts?

Do any of you have spots of different color? What do you do about them?

marajade
November 23rd, 2008, 07:32 PM
I get odd spots of color at the end of my hair. I am waiting to get a trim to see if my hair naturally does that or if its leftover from a chemical process I thought was already cut off. I think your spot looks pretty and unique :o.

Citrine
November 23rd, 2008, 07:48 PM
I like your dark spot, it adds character and is cute :grnbiggri. Different shades in your hair are natural, but yours just happens to be in a more visible spot.

OhioLisa
November 23rd, 2008, 08:47 PM
I have a lighter streak on the under side of my hair, which is visible when I do updos. I love it and wouldn't try to change it. I say keep it. It's definitely unique... which is always a good thing. :)

chantiny
November 23rd, 2008, 08:47 PM
My husband has a light patch of hair near the back of his head on the left side. His hair is a medium to dark brown, and the spot is blonde. He's had it since birth.

Has your spot always been there? If not, I would probably get checked out for health issues, just in case, because hair randomly changing color without chemical aid is probably not the best sign in the world :confused:

Laila23
November 24th, 2008, 05:40 AM
I like the dark spot. Its pretty, keep it!

Islandgrrl
November 24th, 2008, 06:30 AM
I have natural streaks in my hair - just places where a chunk naturally grows in a lighter color, and I have one very weird almost blonde spot at the back of my head. Always.

rhubarbarin
November 24th, 2008, 07:25 AM
My hair is several different colors - from a golden blonde to light ashy brown. Some of it is from the sun - my canopy is blonder. But there's a lock of blonde hair that never sees the light growing straight from the back of my neck. I like the way it looks, makes updos more interesting.

I wouldn't do anything to your dark spot.

Johanna64
November 24th, 2008, 07:28 AM
I like your hair this way :crush:

Katze
November 24th, 2008, 08:16 AM
I like it too. My hair does something similar; my bangs are almost brown, but right behind them I have an ever-growing silver streak, followed by hair that is considerably blonder. Underneath, my hair is not only darker, but a different texture.

I think it is interesting and cool that peoples' natural hair color and texture varies so much on one head. It makes us interesting, no?

brok3nwings
November 24th, 2008, 08:23 AM
i think you really should enjoy it. i really think it is exceptional and adorable :)

Nes
November 24th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Wow I think it's cool! My hair is all the same colour and I used to get chunks of colour dyed in to add interest.

I wouldn't dye it, it's unique to you - be proud of it!

Nes x

Elainehali
November 25th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the complements guys. I dyed the hair growing out of the spot to make it all darker.

Bringing out my spot!

Funny thing I read about spots is that they are the first to go grey.

I suppose when that happens I'll look like Rouge from Xman. (or at least my hair will!!!)

http://th00.deviantart.com/fs28/300W/f/2008/124/3/a/Rogue_X_Men_colors_by_ErikVonLehmann.jpg