PDA

View Full Version : Messed up my trim. Back to hips I go...

chainedangel
November 22nd, 2008, 09:43 AM
*UPDATE IN POST 8* So I decided to do a self trim but was rushing it. I was not at all careful and now my ends are all wonky. So to avoid messing it up more in trying to fix my flub I will have to break down and go to the salon. I'm so sad. :-( I had made it to just past tailbone and now have to go back to hips. I might even have to go higher. Why? Why did I do this? On the plus side I will be getting rid of a lot of damage and my hair will likely appear healthier. And I may very well get rid of the last bits of black dye from 3.5 yrs ago. But still. I was past tailbone! ARGH! Please tell me that I will survive this.

Xandergrammy
November 22nd, 2008, 09:50 AM
Yes, you WILL survive this!! Post pictures after your trim, okay? I'm sure your hair looks gorgeous!

jojo
November 22nd, 2008, 10:14 AM
Even if you have to cut back to hips, it will probably grow back in no time especially as the old dye will be gone and your hair healthier. Good luck you will get through this x

Euphony
November 22nd, 2008, 10:20 AM
Oh I'm so sorry to hear this, but as you said there's a bright side - you'll be getting rid of a lot of the dye and your hair will appear healthier :grouphug:

Speckla
November 22nd, 2008, 10:29 AM
Post a picture.
You have pretty wavy hair and I bet the ends being a bit uneven won't even make much difference. Maybe you should put it up until you make your final decision?
________
Phazer (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_Phazer)

Oskimosa
November 22nd, 2008, 10:35 AM
Post a picture.
You have pretty wavy hair and I bet the ends being a bit uneven won't even make much difference. Maybe you should put it up until you make your final decision?

I totally agree with Speckla. It is probably not nearly as bad as it seems! That being said, you sound like you have made up your mind because the ends were driving you crazy. So, I hope whatever you choose puts your mind at peace :) Just make sure you don't rush it the way you just did your trim, or else you might regret it as well!

spidermom
November 22nd, 2008, 10:43 AM
I can so totally relate. This past spring I was S&Ding when I got the brilliant idea that instead of snipping individual splits, I'd just cut off the tips of each section in a place that would eliminate the most splits in one cut. In some places I cut off 4 inches of hair, in others only 1. Then I tried to even it up the Feye way. Then I went to the salon. It turned out to be fine, though. My hair went into super growth overdrive, and the missing length was back in 2-4 months.

chainedangel
November 22nd, 2008, 12:07 PM
Just got back from the salon. My hair is now officially hip length. And while I honestly thought I'd come home in tears- I came home happy! I had been there a few months back to talk about getting a dusting and told them of my justified fear of salons (3.5 yrs ago I went in to another place for a trim with waist length hair and left with shoulder length :-l ) they were very understanding and swore they'd listen to my requests when I felt ready to come in. Absolutely no pressure. Today I told my hairdresser that I wanted no shorter than the top of my jeans. She listened better than I hoped! My hair is about 2" past the top of said jeans! And while I THOUGHT I wanted fairytale ends I realise now that I prefer bluntish ends. My hair feels so much better. I love this salon!

Periwinkle
November 22nd, 2008, 12:29 PM
I'm glad it was a blessing in disguise :D

Carolyn
November 22nd, 2008, 12:41 PM
Can you look at it as part of the long hair journey? I was at tailbone last February and cut 5" off up to hips. I still miss the tailbone length hair but it was also a good thing. I've kept on trimming through the year for the sake of a blunt hemline. Now I'm growing to tailbone again. I can almost see going from tailbone to hips or waist and just continuing that cycle of growing and trimming.

maskedrose
November 22nd, 2008, 01:55 PM
I'm glad you're happy with it! Please post pics though :)

Ryanne
November 22nd, 2008, 03:27 PM
Great that you're happy about the cut!

chainedangel
November 22nd, 2008, 04:42 PM
Pic is my album cover. I finally got around to making an album! lol!

invisiblebabe
November 22nd, 2008, 06:53 PM
Wow, your hair looks so thick and healthy :) Better than before the trim, even, and it's still super long (actually now that the ends are even, it might even appear longer).

Oskimosa
November 22nd, 2008, 07:32 PM
It looks the same length as your avatar to me... And definately still tb length, not hip! Looks like you have a good stylist :)

NiAosSi
November 22nd, 2008, 07:47 PM
I agree with those who said TB! It looks great!

jtk
November 22nd, 2008, 09:30 PM
The post-salon photo on your profile looks wonderful!