PDA

View Full Version : My bun saved me

Themyst
November 21st, 2008, 04:40 PM
I wore a high bun (almost on top of my head) secured by two jaw clips, and on top of that, a regular, knitted snow cap. Since my hair makes a pretty big bun, I looked something like a conehead with my hat on.

I was outside moving huge branches that had been trimmed off my tall tree. I dragged these huge branches about fifty feet and then heaved them up onto an ever-growing large pile of brush. While in the process of throwing a large branch (more like a small trunk, 7" diameter) up on the pile, it bounced back and came down on top of my bun - breaking one of my jaw clips. If I hadn't been wearing my hair on top of my head like that, the branch would have landed on my skull and maybe caused a slight concussion.

I found it quite amusing that hair buns have a protective quality - not just for hair itself but for your person!

Alana2000
November 21st, 2008, 04:42 PM
That is so awesome! I am glad your ok.

sneakybea
November 21st, 2008, 05:52 PM
Boy, I'm glad you're okay! But I have to admit---I do that same conehead hat and hair thing on days it's too cold to be hatless. Good to know it might spare me a concussion some day!

mugglemomof3
November 21st, 2008, 05:56 PM
That's a new one! So glad you didn't get hurt. Hip Hip Hooray for big hair!!!!! :D

jojo
November 21st, 2008, 05:56 PM
Oh my that made me giggle the conehead, not the branch hitting you. glad your ok. See short hair can seriously damage your health! BUNS ROCK:thumbsup:

embee
November 21st, 2008, 06:21 PM
I know the conehead look well, because I kinda like making a scrunchie bun on the very top of my head. That's my sleep "do" and I also use it sometimes on weekends... (not at work... at least not yet!)

Glad you weren't hurt. Maybe I'll wear my hair conehead style tomorrow as *I* am supposed to be moving branches and things!

Beatnik Guy
November 21st, 2008, 06:23 PM
:rockerdud

Themyst
November 21st, 2008, 06:29 PM
Oh my that made me giggle the conehead, not the branch hitting you. glad your ok. See short hair can seriously damage your health! BUNS ROCK:thumbsup:

I see you are from New England too - surely you've seen all kinds of coneheads in the winter here! ;)

Normally, I look dorky in a hat, makes my hair really flat but I was outside in my backyard working and no one can see me there.

And the really funny thing is that if I had been employed somewhere doing this branch job, I would probably have been required to wear my hair back in a braid or something so I could wear a hardhat. I probably would have gotten hurt worse! I've been hit on the head before with a hardhat - your skull still gets whacked pretty good.

My bun actually provided a wonderful cushion. :)

Fillette
November 21st, 2008, 06:40 PM
Wow!!! Glad to know you're OK :)

jojo
November 21st, 2008, 06:43 PM
I see you are from New England too - surely you've seen all kinds of coneheads in the winter here! ;)

Normally, I look dorky in a hat, makes my hair really flat but I was outside in my backyard working and no one can see me there.

And the really funny thing is that if I had been employed somewhere doing this branch job, I would probably have been required to wear my hair back in a braid or something so I could wear a hardhat. I probably would have gotten hurt worse! I've been hit on the head before with a hardhat - your skull still gets whacked pretty good.

My bun actually provided a wonderful cushion. :)

no i am North west England, one of the coldest regions in England but coneheads are very common place here too, *cough * im one myself *cough*:o

Ice~Cold~Wind
November 21st, 2008, 06:44 PM
Wow...o.o interesting story there. It's all thanks to long hair. I wonder if people with long hair have a lower mortality rate. o.o Jk, jk. I'm just pondering things outside of the box....heh.:o

Themyst
November 21st, 2008, 07:01 PM
no i am North west England, one of the coldest regions in England but coneheads are very common place here too, *cough * im one myself *cough*:o

Okay, NW England! How did I see that wrong!

Maybe I did get hit on the head harder than I thought ...:rolleyes:

Sammybunny711
November 21st, 2008, 07:09 PM
WOW! I'm so glad that you weren't harmed! That is funny though...could become very catchy..."Saved by the Bun", LOL...(sorry...BAD Saved by the Bell joke...)

Keenkitty
November 21st, 2008, 07:12 PM
LOL I am sorry but that is freakin hilarious. I wonder how many people's hair have saved them from certain danger.

KJ

rockkcor
November 21st, 2008, 07:16 PM
Boy!
I remember that I was struck with a bottle two times – it was broken on my head in a street fight – no harm was dome – just some hair cut of!
Otherwise my head would e cut in slices just like watermelon!

Sherri
November 21st, 2008, 07:16 PM
I have never heard of such a thing. Well you are one lucky duck. Thank goodness for all that wonderful hair you have.

Stagecoach
November 21st, 2008, 09:17 PM
Oh, I'm glad your bun saved you!

I had the same thing happen to me when I was ice skating the first time and went flat on my back... instead of my skull cracking onto the ice it simply bounced off my bun. I did get whiplash from it thouhg. (Seriously, I fell HARD and my bun is quite springy!)

Diamondbell
November 21st, 2008, 09:29 PM
That was a funny story... All the more reason to wear buns!! Glad you are safe :lol:

Themyst
November 21st, 2008, 09:34 PM
WOW! I'm so glad that you weren't harmed! That is funny though...could become very catchy..."Saved by the Bun", LOL...(sorry...BAD Saved by the Bell joke...)

Yes, that IS funny - "Saved by the Bun". I was trying to think of something witty for my title but alas I am not so clever.

I had something more in mind like, "Hair Buns and their Practical Applications and Uses: Beauty, Practicality, & Safety".:D

wizzel
November 22nd, 2008, 02:38 AM
I had a friend that had something similar happen to her. She slipped off the back of a car and would have really hurt her self if her pony tail had not cushioned her fall. Yes hair is a beautiful thing!

Ryanne
November 22nd, 2008, 05:00 AM
Lucky, glad your bun saved you!