PDA

View Full Version : Okay, I have a bit of a problem..

vamq
November 21st, 2008, 04:02 PM
Just when I thought my hair was getting pretty long (it's waist length now) I'm starting to deal with some problems I just can't explain.

Today, when I combed my hair and watched it in the mirror, I was shocked to see my end. They look terrible! There where a lot of split ends, it was all fuzzy and so dry. But I don't understand why. I have been wearing my hair in a braid or a bun almost every day, especially when the weather was bad. I also didn't use another conditioner or something. I already gave my hair a miniature trim a month ago, and then the ends didn't look as bad as they did now. I've had a "natural henna" treatment, but I suppose that's not a bad thing.

Someone else had had this too?
Any solutions maybe?

I don't really feel like trimming the bad part of, because I finally reached waist length, and that has been quite difficult, so I don't want to go trough all that trouble again..

Ohio Sky
November 21st, 2008, 04:07 PM
Try an SMT or another treatment to moisturize the ends. Lots of us have hit a stage where our hair changed what it wanted, and the longer your hair gets, the more it needs, for many of us.

It could also be buildup, depending on your routine.

Amara
November 21st, 2008, 04:09 PM
I would put something your hair likes on it - a little oil, condish, spritz, shea butter, whatever, and then put it up for like a week. Up up, I mean, ends up too, like a bun. Take it down to wash, put your tlc treatment back on it, and put it right back up. In a week, take it down and see what it looks like. I have had my ends freak out and act dry and crazy randomly, and they just need time to settle down. Reevaluate later as needed. :)

jojo
November 21st, 2008, 06:11 PM
Yes I agree, a braid is brilliant in summer but i think ends need more protection in winter due to harsher condition's therefore a bun is much more protective. One thing that works when my ends get dry is dipping them in olive oil or putting coconut oil on the ends before bunning. Its not noticable either and does hair the world of good. Also clarifying may be another option.

OR Cowgirl
November 21st, 2008, 06:26 PM
You should also check your scissors. If they've been used to cut anything else they should not touch your hair. It might be helpful to dust the ends again with very sharp scissors.

Shanarana
November 21st, 2008, 06:35 PM
I get the same problem from time to time and find just adding extra moister to the ends do the trick. Just tonight I put some cone free cond. on the ends and have it up in a bun for bed, I make sure the ends are tucked under the bun as well.

It'll get better. :)

lorig713
November 23rd, 2008, 10:32 AM
Some olive oil on my ends in the shower before shampooing does the trick for me when my ends seem a little unhappy.