PDA

View Full Version : Foods that improve hair article on Yahoo

Shadow Walker
November 21st, 2008, 03:30 PM
http://food.yahoo.com/blog/yahoofreshpicks/2242/5-foods-that-improve-hair

Interesting read, though I'm sure nothing inside is too revolutionary. The apple cider vinegar rinse thing was intriguing, has anyone tried this?

kiora
November 21st, 2008, 03:33 PM
I've tried it a few times and my hair got a bit shinier....I really don't like the smell of it though.

freznow
November 21st, 2008, 03:38 PM
The apple cider vinegar rinse thing was intriguing, has anyone tried this?

You've been here long enough that I have to wonder if you're being sarcastic. It seems to me that everyone and their mother here on LHC has tried ACV rinses!

And yet, I shan't make assumptions. Or I shall, but then I'll ramble on afterwards like this. See?

Thanks for the link, now I want some Brazil nuts!

saman
November 21st, 2008, 04:27 PM
thanks for the link.really interesting.

chrissy-b
November 21st, 2008, 04:39 PM
You've been here long enough that I have to wonder if you're being sarcastic.

I thought he was joking. How could he not?

Wait...You were joking, weren't you Shadow Walker?

I hope so, otherwise I'm going to feel like a real jerk.

Fantak
November 21st, 2008, 04:39 PM
I'm going to have to eat more avocados, I can't bear the thought of cutting out meat >.<

I used to drink milk+raw eggs for breakfast (it really isn't as bad as it sounds, great for hair) because I was told by a trichologist that for healthy growing hair you needed protein for breakfast. I think I'll start drinking it again..

Shadow Walker
November 21st, 2008, 04:43 PM

Haha, I meant it more or less to see who has tried it and what their experience with it was. I think I'd be hard pressed to find anything hair related that the LHC crowd is uninformed about. ;)

freznow
November 21st, 2008, 04:44 PM

That's what I was thinking, but there was no :silly: or other smiley to indicate tone. Sometimes you never know...

ETA: Crossposted! Yeah, I do an ACV rinse with every wash. It helps smooth the cuticle, making the hair shinier. Also my hair tangles quite a bit less with the acidic rinse. There have been quite a few threads about it.

neon-dream
November 21st, 2008, 04:45 PM
Ooh thanks for this :D
xxx

ClareDee
November 21st, 2008, 04:53 PM
I'm still waiting for some study to tell me that, actually, tea and cake is the key! :cake: :yumm:

chrissy-b
November 21st, 2008, 04:59 PM
Haha, I meant it more or less to see who has tried it and what their experience with it was. I think I'd be hard pressed to find anything hair related that the LHC crowd is uninformed about. ;)

Oh. I read it as a very dry joke. :):(:)

I've tried it. I use ACV in my rinse about once a week. It definitely makes my hair shinier and gives it a bit more body. Sometimes my hair is a little frizzy right after a wash, but with ACV it's smooth.

birthmarkie
November 21st, 2008, 05:09 PM
I'm happy to see that my favorite foods are listed :)

Here is the article (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=56) about vinegar rinses.

jojo
November 21st, 2008, 05:50 PM
ACV? mmmm..let me think...nope i never did hear of that!!! but i do eat a tin of sardines a day and my hair has got more shiny so im doing good!

Sighridh
November 21st, 2008, 06:39 PM
I like the list of foods, it's a keeper, thanks!

Bene
November 21st, 2008, 07:52 PM
i do an apple cider vinegar rinse every time i wash my hair (about twice a week), i can't imagine not doing it now... makes my hair shiny :)

i have a terrible diet though (picky/infrequent eater), but the nuts and eggs seem like something i'd look in to

rose_in_bloom
November 21st, 2008, 10:26 PM
Great article! Thanks for posting.

Oskimosa
November 22nd, 2008, 10:31 AM
I also read that oatmeal is very good for hair (not on it, I mean as in eating it of course). But ever since I was 12 I started breaking out in hives from head to toe when I eat oats :( :( So I take biotin.

Indigo Girl
November 22nd, 2008, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the link, Shadow ~ :bluesmile

I swear by my ACV rinse - I use it every time I shower, under cold water as a final rinse. My hair loves it; makes it shiny and soft. The smell only lasts until my hair is dry. :D

florenonite
November 22nd, 2008, 11:52 AM
I do an ACV rinse every other wash. I tried every wash and found after a few washes it started to make my hair greasy. Every other one seems great, though.

Ryanne
November 22nd, 2008, 03:39 PM
I use ACV almost everytime I wash my hair.
Interesting link, I eat most of the listed things, and don't eat meat.

lora410
November 22nd, 2008, 03:52 PM
I used to use ACV religiously and loved it. I don't know why I don't do that anymore..lol and I pretty much knew the rest on yahoo, but thanks for sharing anyway :flower: